Master 2013-14 CB thread

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Master 2013-14 CB thread

Post by Texas Vike »

Robinson is not fitting the bill.

I'm watching the Oklahoma vs. TCU game. I'd happily take Jason Verrett from TCU to replace Robinson right now. The guy's shutting down his side of the field.

Looks like he's a bit on the small side, but could be a good 2nd to 3rd rounder and an awesome guy in the slot.

Here's an initial list to work with:
http://walterfootball.com/draft2014CB.php
Eli
Hall of Famer

Re: Master 2013-14 CB thread

Post by Eli »

They list him at 5'10", 180 lbs. Which means that he's more likely to be 5'8" 165 lbs.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Eli wrote:They list him at 5'10", 180 lbs. Which means that he's more likely to be 5'8" 165 lbs.
I've seen 5' 10" 175. He doesn't look as tiny as 165. He made plays all over the field last night--and he made them with superior TECHNIQUE not superior HEIGHT or WEIGHT. The dude knows how to defend the pass and tackle. If we could replace Robinson with him we'd improve fast.

Who do you like? Or do you not watch college ball?
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/pros ... gs/2014/CB

Another mid-season list of CB prospects; looks like the kid from Oregon is in the top spot w/ Verrett @ # 2.

As for safeties, this Joyner kid from Florida St. is a nice prospect.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

mrc44 wrote: How do you feel about Rhodes? you havent given up have you? I think we need to replace Robinson and Cook, I think Rhodes will end up being a pretty damn good corner. Glad we drafte him

As far as drafting another corner, its a must. I think we need to get a CB or two, a LB, and a QB. I think we should draft QB first round and then focus on Defense the rest of the draft unless BPA says O-Line.

I dont really know which corner I would goafter due to not knowing what kind of Defensive scheme we will run next year. Do we get another big Corner and play physical man, or are we going to keep runnning a Zone-everyone-take-advantage-of-us defense lol

Plus I dont even know who is going to be available in FA this year... We should have some money to spend since JA will be gone and so will Williams.
I haven't given up on Rhodes at all. I think he's going to be solid. I honestly really look forward to a regime change so we can see a different Defensive scheme. I can't stand the way we defend the pass.

I have continued to watch Jason Verrett from TCU and I would still like him as a slot corner for our 2nd round pick if he lasts that long. He looks like an Antoine Winfield clone to me. Super solid tackler despite his small size. He's fast and defends the pass well but does great in run support and blitzes as well. He did get burned pretty bad by UT's speedster (M. Williams?) a couple weeks ago, but he recovered and made some outstanding play later.

I agree that QB is our most dire need and we need to go after one of the elite prospects in round 1 this year. We also need a LB by rd. 3 and possibly a G by rd. 4. The QB position is so important in today's game and this coming year's draft is so deep that I almost like the idea of two QBs in our top 4 rounds. Too many wants/needs and too few picks! Man, we need a NT too!
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I can name a few 5'10'' CBs that blow our bigger ones away.