Jon Beason Traded

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Jon Beason Traded

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... n/2920773/
The person, who requested anonymity because the trade isn't official, said the Giants would give the Panthers a late-round draft pick for Beason, a seventh-year player who recently had been benched in favor of former Giants linebacker Chase Blackburn.

Wow. This move is shocking. It also makes me wonder why would couldn't have traded for him. Kinda like DeMeco Ryans last year. Beason would have definitely been a huge upgrade.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Re: Jon Beason Traded

Post by Eli »

Nah. Not a huge upgrade. Probably not an upgrade at all. Did you miss the part about Beason being benched in favor of journeyman Chase Blackburn?
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Re: Jon Beason Traded

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

The way I view it, Jon Beason is a three time pro-bowl player and was/is one of the best inside linebackers in the entire NFL. He was injured, was moved out of position and has been struggling. I think he will continue to get healthy and his return to MLB will help him immensely. IMO, he would have been a big upgrade to Erin Henderson.

This situation is pretty similar to what happened when the Eagles traded for an injured and 'washed up' DeMeco Ryans. Ryans is playing pretty well in Philly - not pro bowl level - but he is playing well.

Oh well. No sense dwelling on it now. Beason is a Giant now.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.