View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Bold Predictions: Vikings will Suck 
Starter

Post Bold Predictions: Vikings will Suck
  • The defensive stars are getting old
  • Peterson won't rush for 2,000 yards again
  • Ponder is still bad
  • Frazier is a mediocre coach
  • Jennings will flop
  • Walsh won't replicate his rookie campaign

8-8 if you're lucky. If I'm wrong, I'll come back here and take my lumps. But I won't be wrong.

Last year was a fluke. Peterson had arguably the greatest season of any back in the history of the NFL, and you still barely squeeked into the playoffs. You don't make history two years in a row. Your defense is getting older and will decline. It will be proven that Jennings was a product of the hall of fame quarterbacks that he's been playing catch with since he entered the league.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:25 pm
Commissioner

Post Re: Bold Predictions: Vikings will Suck
Sinatra wrote:

Good thing we have Harrison Smith and Everson Griffen (with good potential in Rhodes and Floyd) to replace them. And "getting old" doesn't mean ineffective. I think 35 year-old Antoine Winfield showed that. And Jared Allen, Kevin Williams, Brian Robison, Chad Greenway, Everson Griffen and Harrison Smith are all at least two years younger than that.

Quote:

• We'll see. Provided he's healthy, 1,500 should be considered his "floor." More than enough to be lethal.

Quote:
  • Ponder is still bad

• lol...Caveman. "Ug. Ponder bad." He's improved in almost every statistical category from the season previous. There's nothing to suggest that he's leveled out. Not every QB has the luxury of sitting on the bench for three years before starting.

Quote:

• 3-13 to 10-6 in one season. The jury is still out, but I'd say he's above average. Heck, he was in many runnings for 2012's Coach of the Year.

Quote:
  • Jennings will flop

• What's your definition of a "flop" season? Of course he's not going to put up a 100-catch, 1,200-yard campaign with a run-first team with a lesser QB at the helm than the FORMER league MVP. Unless you quantify what you believe to be a "flop" season, you're really not making much of a prediction.

Quote:

• What? PERFECTION? Won't replicate one of the greatest rookie kicking campaigns of all time? Way to go out on a limb there. There's nothing to suggest he'll greatly regress.

Quote:
    8-8 if you're lucky. If I'm wrong, I'll come back here and take my lumps. But I won't be wrong.

Of course not. Why would you be?

Quote:
    Last year was a fluke.

Please. Like there's such things as "flukes" in the NFL. The best teams win week-in and week-out.

Quote:
    Peterson had arguably the greatest season of any back in the history of the NFL, and you still barely squeeked into the playoffs.

By beating your sorry ####.

Quote:
    You don't make history two years in a row. Your defense is getting older and will decline.

A declining Vikings defense is still considerably better than whatever that is the Packers put out there every week.

Quote:
    It will be proven that Jennings was a product of the hall of fame quarterbacks that he's been playing catch with since he entered the league.

Oh, so Jennings benefited from Hall of Fame quarterbacks you say?

Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:02 pm
    Waterboy

Probably a packers fan. Also if they lose Rodgers to an injury, they lose all their games.

Skol Vikings!!

Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:14 pm
    Starter

Vikesfanrjv36 wrote:
    Probably a packers fan. Also if they lose Rodgers to an injury, they lose all their games.

Skol Vikings!!

Of course I am. I thought that was obvious?

And if you lose Peterson to injury, you lose all your games.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:38 pm
    Starter

@ dead_poet

Quote:
    3-13 to 10-6 in one season. The jury is still out, but I'd say he's above average. Heck, he was in many runnings for 2012's Coach of the Year.

You're right. The coaching accumen that he must possess to say "Hand it to Peterson!"

Quote:
    What's your definition of a "flop" season? Of course he's not going to put up a 100-catch, 1,200-yard campaign with a run-first team with a lesser QB at the helm than the FORMER league MVP. Unless you quantify what you believe to be a "flop" season, you're really not making much of a prediction.

Sub-1,000. I want to say sub-800, but perhaps I'm being greedy - so I'll say sub-1,000 instead.

Quote:
    What? PERFECTION? Won't replicate one of the greatest rookie kicking campaigns of all time? Way to go out on a limb there. There's nothing to suggest he'll greatly regress.

That's my point. Peterson and Walsh both had historical, all-time seasons, and you barely squeeked into the playoffs. You won't get historical performances again from them, and so you're going to decline. 8-8 at best.

Quote:
    By beating your sorry ####.

LOL. Only a Vikings fan would brag about winning 1 out of 3 games.

Quote:
    Please. Like there's such things as "flukes" in the NFL. The best teams win week-in and week-out.

Oh okay. So the 8-8 Bucs were better than ther 15-1 Vikings in '98? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:46 pm
    Commissioner

Sinatra wrote:
    You're right. The coaching accumen that he must possess to say "Hand it to Peterson!"

Because football is that simplistic. I guess the Packer equivalent is: Have Rodgers throw it to someone! Brilliant coaching!

Quote:
    Sub-1,000. I want to say sub-800, but perhaps I'm being greedy - so I'll say sub-1,000 instead.

Yikes! That means Cobb flopped last season! And so did Jennings in 2006, 2007 and 2011! All the receivers in GB flopped last year! What's going on in Green Bay!?!

Quote:
    That's my point. Peterson and Walsh both had historical, all-time seasons, and you barely squeeked into the playoffs. You won't get historical performances again from them, and so you're going to decline. 8-8 at best.

:lol: I see.

Quote:
    LOL. Only a Vikings fan would brag about winning 1 out of 3 games.

Yikes. I didn't realize I touched a nerve.

Quote:
    Oh okay. So the 8-8 Bucs were better than ther 15-1 Vikings in '98? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Oh, so it can't be that the Bucs played better on that day? You're right flukes exist. You've convinced me. So do jackelopes, ghosts, underpants gnomes and flying spaghetti monsters.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:37 pm
    All Pro Elite Player

If the Packers ever loss Aaron Rodgers due to injury, their fans will see how terrible the team really is. You guys have no defense, no running game, and without Rodgers arm the passing wouldn't even be as good as it is.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:24 pm
    Starter

JEC334 wrote:
    If the Packers ever loss Aaron Rodgers due to injury, their fans will see how terrible the team really is. You guys have no defense, no running game, and without Rodgers arm the passing wouldn't even be as good as it is.

If the Vikings lost Peterson, it be the same thing.

Just so you know, the Packers 2012 D was ranked higher then the Vikes 2012 D, we went from 32nd to 12th on the strength of one draft, there only getting better.

Rather have Eddie Lacy trying to improve our running game then Ponder trying to magically stop being awful, if Peterson doesnt run for over 2000 yards, you guys have no chance.

Cant wait for my team to crush your teams dreams once again.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:29 am
    Starter

LOL, so far, so good.

Sinatra wrote:

Defense looked pretty mediocre out there. 34 points to the mediocre Lions.

Sinatra wrote:

93 yards. On pace for 1,488. Oh, and aside for that one 78 yard run, he had 17 carries for 15 yards. Yikes. And this was against the Lions mediocre run defense (16th, 2012). Double yikes.

Sinatra wrote:
    • Ponder is still bad

LOL. This one was just too easy. 3 interceptions and 1 fumble. LOLOL. <3 Ponder.

Sinatra wrote:

Yup.

Sinatra wrote:
    • Jennings will flop

LOL x2. 3 catches, 33 yards in 7 targets. On pace for a blistering 528 yards. And this was against the Lions mediocre pass defense (14th, 2012).

Sinatra wrote:

Well, Walsh actually looked good again. One make from 52 yards.

Sinatra wrote:
    Last year was a fluke. Peterson had arguably the greatest season of any back in the history of the NFL, and you still barely squeeked into the playoffs. You don't make history two years in a row. Your defense is getting older and will decline. It will be proven that Jennings was a product of the hall of fame quarterbacks that he's been playing catch with since he entered the league.

Yup.

And no, I won't be back here to update this every week. I'll probably just do it when the Vikings embarrass themselves. Oh, actually, I guess I will be updating it every week then. Sk'LOL Vikings.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:05 am
    Starter

0-2

Sk'LOL!

Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:25 am
    Career Elite Player

Got us there. One game behind the Pack

Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:36 am
    Hall of Fame Candidate

RandallioCobb18 wrote:
    JEC334 wrote:

If the Vikings lost Peterson, it be the same thing.

Just so you know, the Packers 2012 D was ranked higher then the Vikes 2012 D, we went from 32nd to 12th on the strength of one draft, there only getting better.

Rather have Eddie Lacy trying to improve our running game then Ponder trying to magically stop being awful, if Peterson doesnt run for over 2000 yards, you guys have no chance.

Cant wait for my team to crush your teams dreams once again.

Vikings did lose Peterson. 2011. For 4 games. Toby Gerhart stepped in and didn't miss a beat. Although you wouldn't know it because no one ever talks about it. 357 yards on 66 caries, 5.4 yards per carry.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:47 pm
    Hall of Fame Candidate

Sinatra wrote:
    • Ponder is still bad
    • Jennings will flop

Just going to address this issue here. Yup that defense is getting old. Been getting old now for, well, let's see, Packers fans have been telling me that my teams defense has been getting old for something like 8 years now. Fact. Green Bays defensive starters(based on the starters use on 9/15/13) average age is 27.8 Fact. MN defensive starters average age is 28.2. Man that's light years older. Pickett, Jolly, Williams all over 30 for Green Bay. But then I expect them to dump Pickett at the end of the year. For MN, it's Allen, Williams and Robison over 30. So when you talk about the D getting old, look at the age of your defense first.

Second thought, one more thing, you don't make history two years in a row? At one time a QB throwing 4,000 yards a years was almost unheard of. But doing it two years in a row? Impossible. Then the line was moved to 5,000 yards a year, and two years in a row was impossible. Now that line has moved. If nothing else, it should tell you that nothing is impossible. BTW, after 2 games, Peterson is 49 yards ahead of what he was last year after two games.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:17 pm
    Career Elite Player

Jolly is back in the NFL?

Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:37 am
    Hall of Fame Candidate

NextQuestion wrote:

Yup, they let the druggie back in. He is actually playing well. Let's see if he can last.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:14 pm
    Commissioner

NextQuestion wrote:

Sorta: http://twitpic.com/ddy6hx

Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:17 pm
    Starter

Boy oh boy, when I'm right, I'm right.

Vikings are trash this year. You lose to the Browns...at HOME?!? Hahahaha!

Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:15 am
    Career Elite Player

Let's see how you guys handle them before you totally come out to troll and trash talk. You guys are only 1-2.

Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:40 pm
    Starter

NextQuestion wrote:
    Let's see how you guys handle them before you totally come out to troll and trash talk. You guys are only 1-2.

Both losses on the road by a single score. 1-2 is 1-2, but you guys suck way harder.

I tried to tell you. Your team was ONE guy last year - Adrian Peterson. And it took him an historic season to carry your terrible team to the playoffs. There was no chance of him repeating that performance (hence, "historic"). It was obvious to anyone paying attention that the Vikings were going to suck this year.

Your big signing? Greg Jennings. LOLOL. I told you that would go no where. What's he averaging so far? 30 yards per game and no TDs? Big shocker. Jennings is a guy that profited by having elite QBs throw to him his entire career. He's not a physical match-up problem.

Typical Vikings. This is a passing era, and your time is designed around a running back. You have a terrible QB, so you went out and signed a 5' 11" route-running WR. LOL. Good call bro.

Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:54 pm
    Career Elite Player

You have a point but can you imagine your team without Rodgers? You'd be 3-13 at best as well.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:58 am
    Starter

NextQuestion wrote:
    You have a point but can you imagine your team without Rodgers? You'd be 3-13 at best as well.

Yeah, because when we've had to start a backup QB the last few years, it went really terribly for us.

Oh wait, never mind. Our backup QB went score-for-score @New England, and then threw for 7 TDs against Detroit. All that with a guy that couldn't even beat out a rookie in Seattle or Pryor in Oakland.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:05 pm
    Career Elite Player

1.) Flynn threw a back breaking pick-6 in that game. NE's defense was worst in the league that year.

2.) Detroit's defense was ranked in the lower tier that year as well.

you play a tough schedule with Seneca Wallace as your backup.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:37 pm
    Hall of Fame Candidate

Sinatra wrote:
    NextQuestion wrote:

Yeah, because when we've had to start a backup QB the last few years, it went really terribly for us.

Oh wait, never mind. Our backup QB went score-for-score @New England, and then threw for 7 TDs against Detroit. All that with a guy that couldn't even beat out a rookie in Seattle or Pryor in Oakland.

Sorry, you backup did not throw for 7 TDS against Detroit. And btw, MN lost two games by a single score. Yeah, we really suck worse than the Packers. And before you start talking smack about the Browns game, wait till you play them. But the Browns are a terrible team. Packer are going to walk all over them just like the Niners...........er..............Bengals............never mind. Wait, the Packer beat..................the 0-3 Redskins, at home.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:03 pm
    Starter

Raptorman wrote:
    Oh wait, never mind. Our backup QB went score-for-score @New England, and then threw for 7 TDs against Detroit.

Sorry, you're right - it was six touchdowns. You Vikings fans are way more accustomed to keeping track of small numbers like that. 6, 7, etc. That's how many completions Ponder usually has in a game, right? How many wins the Vikings have most seasons? How many Super Bowl wins the Vikings have? Oh wait - that one's ZERO.

SK'LOL!

Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:39 pm
    Hall of Fame Candidate

Sinatra wrote:
    Raptorman wrote:
    Oh wait, never mind. Our backup QB went score-for-score @New England, and then threw for 7 TDs against Detroit.

Sorry, you're right - it was six touchdowns. You Vikings fans are way more accustomed to keeping track of small numbers like that. 6, 7, etc. That's how many completions Ponder usually has in a game, right? How many wins the Vikings have most seasons? How many Super Bowl wins the Vikings have? Oh wait - that one's ZERO.

SK'LOL!

I love Packer fans. You can always tell when they have nothing intelligent to say, they bring the fact that they have won more Super Bowls, or Championships then your team has. Got news for you, it's been going on for so long, Viking fans are numb to it. We view it as a grade school attempt to get us riled up. Most often we just laugh at it.

Maybe we should talk about he Packers in the 70's and 80's, with their 2 playoff appearance's in 25 years. Oh wait, you have 4 Super Bowls, I almost forgot, That wipes out years of crappy football.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:08 pm
    Hall of Famer

In the end you are just a packer fan. I'd rather go 0-16 as a Vikings fan than be 16-0 and win the SB as a Packers fan. You're almost as bad a Philly and Saints fans

Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:53 pm
    Veteran

Laserman wrote:
    In the end you are just a packer fan. I'd rather go 0-16 as a Vikings fan than be 16-0 and win the SB as a Packers fan. You're almost as bad a Philly and Saints fans

Right, like we're actually supposed to believe that?

Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:46 pm
    All Pro Elite Player

greenandgold wrote:
    Laserman wrote:

Right, like we're actually supposed to believe that?

As hard as it may seem. We're so using to losing, that it is nothing to us now. Sad? Maybe. But what can we do lol

Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:52 pm
    Hall of Famer

Lol! Sinatra was right to an extent!

Hindsight is always 20/20 though.

Skol Vikings.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:25 pm
    Veteran

NextQuestion wrote:

Right now, yeah we CAN imagine. After a rocky start, Flynn ain't looking bad right now. Let's see if he can at least get consistent.

Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:38 am
    Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next