Bama vs A&M

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Bama vs A&M

Post by S197 »

Exciting game. Too bad Manziel had those two costly interceptions. That kid Evans is like a Jimmy Graham 2.0
dead_poet
Commissioner

Bama vs A&M

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote:Exciting game. Too bad Manziel had those two costly interceptions. That kid Evans is like a Jimmy Graham 2.0
Manziel is legit. Love his aggressiveness and the way he plays. Stronger arm this season too. Throws a great ball. Might be interception-prone in the pros though. Going to take risks.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
BGM
Hall of Famer

Re: Bama vs A&M

Post by BGM »

dead_poet wrote: Manziel is legit. Love his aggressiveness and the way he plays. Stronger arm this season too. Throws a great ball. Might be interception-prone in the pros though. Going to take risks.
He's a gunslinger, and his scrambling definitely reminds me of Fran Tarkenton. Fun to watch! He will be interception prone early, for sure, but I think he could settle into becoming a VERY good QB, the kind of guy who finds ways to win. They almost pulled it off today after getting completely wiped out in the first half. His WRs save him a few times, as well. That 12 yard completion where he was scrambling and just heaves the ball is one of those plays that makes you hold your breath until you see the WR somehow come down with the catch.

He certainly handles pressure well. Had a very good game, and did not let those 2 INTs break him. And I just don't see the issue with his size. He plays like he's 6'4", 240, and has he missed any games due to injury?

A.J. McCarron had quite a game as well.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Both of those QBs looked pretty darn good on a big stage.

Manziel is a freak and his arm strength and confidence are huge.

There's some talented QBs coming out soon that's for sure.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I think an offense would have to be retooled to be catered to his strengths in the pros. Similar to San Fran with Kaepernick or the Redskins with RG3. If he went to the Eagles, that would be pretty interesting.

I don't know, he looks impressive but something about him makes me hesitate. He made some poor decisions today but got bailed out by his receivers on a few of them. To be honest, the guy on my radar after watching that game is Evans. He might be a little too slow to play WR in the pros but he looks like he'd make one heck of a pass catching TE. I also think A&M's line is underrated, they gave Manziel a ton of time to pass.
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

S197 wrote:I think an offense would have to be retooled to be catered to his strengths in the pros. Similar to San Fran with Kaepernick or the Redskins with RG3. If he went to the Eagles, that would be pretty interesting.

I don't know, he looks impressive but something about him makes me hesitate. He made some poor decisions today but got bailed out by his receivers on a few of them. To be honest, the guy on my radar after watching that game is Evans. He might be a little too slow to play WR in the pros but he looks like he'd make one heck of a pass catching TE. I also think A&M's line is underrated, they gave Manziel a ton of time to pass.
A&Ms line is outstanding! To be honest, I see some Favre in Manziel, and Favre's gunslinging ways matured and he became a HOFer. I think Manziel can be in the same mold, but with more mobility. I don't see him as a Kapernick or RGIII primarily because of his size. He seems to be as much a scrambler as a runner. He definitely needs maturity in his game, as there were times he threw it up with a prayer.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Scout: Johnny Manziel will be a top 10 pick
The Star-Telegram's Charean Williams spoke with four NFL scouts that believe Texas A&M redshirt sophomore QB Johnny Manziel will be a first-round pick, with one stating "he will go in the top 10."

"I think Johnny Manziel is that good," the same scout said. "I think the guy is unique, and guys like Russell Wilson have paved the way for him." Another important note Williams added was not one of the seven scouts interviewed believe off-field concerns will affect Manziel’s draft stock. "There is a difference between being a criminal and being a knucklehead," one scout explained. "He’s a knucklehead. We have a lot of knuckleheads on our team."
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dead_poet wrote:Scout: Johnny Manziel will be a top 10 pick
The Star-Telegram's Charean Williams spoke with four NFL scouts that believe Texas A&M redshirt sophomore QB Johnny Manziel will be a first-round pick, with one stating "he will go in the top 10."

"I think Johnny Manziel is that good," the same scout said. "I think the guy is unique, and guys like Russell Wilson have paved the way for him." Another important note Williams added was not one of the seven scouts interviewed believe off-field concerns will affect Manziel’s draft stock. "There is a difference between being a criminal and being a knucklehead," one scout explained. "He’s a knucklehead. We have a lot of knuckleheads on our team."
Another way to spin this is only 25% of scouts interviewed believe he is a top 10 pick. The way guys like RG3, Tannehill, Weeden shot up the board you never know but right now I'm saying unlikely.