IF THE VIKINGS CAN'T WIN, AT LEAST LET THE PACKERS LOSE

This is where threads go to die. If you want to talk Smack or get out of hand, this is where your post will end up. All Smack talk will be moved here with no shadow links left in the original forum!

Moderator: Moderators

RandallioCobb18
Starter
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Re: IF THE VIKINGS CAN'T WIN, AT LEAST LET THE PACKERS LOSE

Post by RandallioCobb18 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:47 am

JEC334 wrote: It's quite awesome actually. :D
Probably not as awesome as being a fan of a....how should i put this.... Successful franchise. :D
0 x

User avatar
King James
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1736
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:23 pm
Location: Alabama

Re: IF THE VIKINGS CAN'T WIN, AT LEAST LET THE PACKERS LOSE

Post by King James » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:05 pm

RandallioCobb18 wrote: Probably not as awesome as being a fan of a....how should i put this.... Successful franchise. :D
I'm assuming your definition of successful franchise, is the few super bowls the Packers have. If you've been a Packer fan for a long time then I salute you. It's so easy to cheer for a team when they're having a good season or have a good franchise history. But it takes a totally awesome fan to cheer for a team like the Vikings.

We may have got let down every year so far but us fans who've been through a lot of those tough losses only got stronger as fans. I couldn't see myself loving another team even if the Vikings go 10 straight years having a losing season. It shows we can even stick to our team through YEARS of adversity. And that's whats make us more awesome than the Fudge Packers and the rest of the NFC North.
0 x

RandallioCobb18
Starter
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Re: IF THE VIKINGS CAN'T WIN, AT LEAST LET THE PACKERS LOSE

Post by RandallioCobb18 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:21 pm

JEC334 wrote: I'm assuming your definition of successful franchise, is the few super bowls the Packers have. If you've been a Packer fan for a long time then I salute you. It's so easy to cheer for a team when they're having a good season or have a good franchise history. But it takes a totally awesome fan to cheer for a team like the Vikings.

We may have got let down every year so far but us fans who've been through a lot of those tough losses only got stronger as fans. I couldn't see myself loving another team even if the Vikings go 10 straight years having a losing season. It shows we can even stick to our team through YEARS of adversity. And that's whats make us more awesome than the Fudge Packers and the rest of the NFC North.
Considering that there is only 3 teams in the NFL with more SBs than us, and none with as many NFL championships than us, I think its safe to say that the Packers are one of the most successful franchises in the league.

Furthermore, to insinuate that the Vikings fanbase has shown any more loyalty and dedication to their team then the other 3 NFCN teams, is absolutely absurd.

What about the Lions? Have they not had had a rough go of it likewise? They come back for more and more abuse, just as the Vikes fans do.

Your fanbase cannot even COMPARE to that of the Packers, we have sold out every game since 1960, I doubt you can even say the Vikes have done so since 2000, let alone for 50 years.
0 x

User avatar
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:43 am
Location: Minneapolis

Re: IF THE VIKINGS CAN'T WIN, AT LEAST LET THE PACKERS LOSE

Post by NextQuestion » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:21 pm

lol at the whole "NFL championship bit". Vikings, technically....are 1 time NFL Champions. Gotta remember...Packers have one of the biggest band-wagon fan bases out there. I live in MPLS and have plenty of "Packer fan" friends and everyone on social media was silent with no mention of the game. When they win and Vikes lose it's a damn mess.

Also remember...The Packers were pure garbage from the late 60's (after the first couple of SBs) until roughly 1993.
0 x
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.

RandallioCobb18
Starter
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Re: IF THE VIKINGS CAN'T WIN, AT LEAST LET THE PACKERS LOSE

Post by RandallioCobb18 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:51 pm

NextQuestion wrote:lol at the whole "NFL championship bit". Vikings, technically....are 1 time NFL Champions. Gotta remember...Packers have one of the biggest band-wagon fan bases out there. I live in MPLS and have plenty of "Packer fan" friends and everyone on social media was silent with no mention of the game. When they win and Vikes lose it's a damn mess.

Also remember...The Packers were pure garbage from the late 60's (after the first couple of SBs) until roughly 1993.

So, do you think a "band wagon fan base" could sell out EVERY game since 1960? Really? LOL, comon man!

I do understand, however, that when you have a franchise as successful as the Packers, that there are plenty of people that aren't real fans, but who jump on the bandwagon until they waver, or have a bad game or two, and those people, truly are band wagoners.

But just because there are bandwagoners, does not mean that the whole fan base are just a bunch of band wagon fans. LOL. The Packers fan base are well known for being loyal to a fault, case and point, selling out every game since 1960, your claims have no credibility. I'm fact, I am really curious as to your opinion of why such a fair weather, bandwagon fan base could sell out all of the games since 1960, not to mention how well Packers fans travel. I'm also quite surprised to the Packer fans you know reactions, they were far from perfect, but as far as losses go, this one gave alot of hope for the future.

As to your comment on the Pack's garbage days, every team was garbage for an extended period of time, the Steelers were the doormat of the league for the better part of 40 years.
0 x

User avatar
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:43 am
Location: Minneapolis

Re: IF THE VIKINGS CAN'T WIN, AT LEAST LET THE PACKERS LOSE

Post by NextQuestion » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Maybe it sells out because it's in Green Bay where there is literally nothing for miles but a football stadium. Vikings hardly sell out the Dome and it's because, like any team out there, has companies purchase a crap ton of tickets to give out. I don't doubt the true dedication from some but over the years I feel like I've seen some pretty "Oh, I didn't even watch the game" kind of stuff when the team loses. Like I said...being from MPLS I know SO MANY "Packer" fans who were converted Jets and Vikings fan because of Favre. People who say things like "Giants/49ers didn't beat us. We beat ourselves".
0 x
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.

RandallioCobb18
Starter
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Re: IF THE VIKINGS CAN'T WIN, AT LEAST LET THE PACKERS LOSE

Post by RandallioCobb18 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:49 pm

NextQuestion wrote:Maybe it sells out because it's in Green Bay where there is literally nothing for miles but a football stadium. Vikings hardly sell out the Dome and it's because, like any team out there, has companies purchase a crap ton of tickets to give out. I don't doubt the true dedication from some but over the years I feel like I've seen some pretty "Oh, I didn't even watch the game" kind of stuff when the team loses. Like I said...being from MPLS I know SO MANY "Packer" fans who were converted Jets and Vikings fan because of Favre. People who say things like "Giants/49ers didn't beat us. We beat ourselves".
You really don't get that all teams have good fans and bad fans right? All I know is that we sell out home games, and take over stadiums. There is no question about that.You act like Minnesota has no small towns, I live in new York in a town smaller then green bay, its not uncommon to have small towns in a state my man, Minnesota has plenty of them, Green Bay is just rare specimen in that it has a professional Football team.
You can't act like the stadium is in some unincorporated town.

I can say I've meat bad fans of pretty much every team though, there's definitely plenty of idiots on the Vikings side of things too, and to tell yourself otherwise is just foolish.
0 x

User avatar
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee
Posts: 4044
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm
Location: Northeast, Iowa
Contact:

Re: IF THE VIKINGS CAN'T WIN, AT LEAST LET THE PACKERS LOSE

Post by Funkytown » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:59 pm

RandallioCobb18 wrote:
Your fanbase cannot even COMPARE to that of the Packers.
:puke:
we have sold out every game since 1960
Oh yeah? You have, huh? And just how many of those have you been a part of? Just curious. You do a lot of bragging about your Packers--and now your Packers FANS are just the greatest, too. How many games have you gone to, to support the. best. team. ever.? If I had to guess, you probably take credit for the accomplishments of other people. :D

Truth is: It's really hard to know who the most loyal fanbases are, because we're all different. It's all subjective, anyway. All teams have loyal fans; and all have...those other kinds of fans. But coming on to a Vikings fans message board to brag about your "better" fanbase is...wow. Anything to make yourself feel better, I guess. Good luck with that. :shock: Don't have a little brother to bully? :D
0 x
Image

User avatar
King James
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1736
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:23 pm
Location: Alabama

Re: IF THE VIKINGS CAN'T WIN, AT LEAST LET THE PACKERS LOSE

Post by King James » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:39 pm

RandallioCobb18 wrote:
Considering that there is only 3 teams in the NFL with more SBs than us, and none with as many NFL championships than us, I think its safe to say that the Packers are one of the most successful franchises in the league.

Furthermore, to insinuate that the Vikings fanbase has shown any more loyalty and dedication to their team then the other 3 NFCN teams, is absolutely absurd.

What about the Lions? Have they not had had a rough go of it likewise? They come back for more and more abuse, just as the Vikes fans do.

Your fanbase cannot even COMPARE to that of the Packers, we have sold out every game since 1960, I doubt you can even say the Vikes have done so since 2000, let alone for 50 years.
What is your definition of successful? First you were hollering about championships and now you're talking about ticket sells. Well sir I can tell you that their are 11 more teams much more "successful than the Packers. According to Forbes List:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1737 ... -nfl-teams


Ranking Team Team Value 2012 Revenue 2012 Operating Income
1 Dallas Cowboys $2.3 billion $539 million $250.7 million
2 New England Patriots $1.8 billion $408 million $139.2 million
3 Washington Redskins $1.7 billion $381 million $104.3 million
4 New York Giants $1.55 billion $338 million $64.4 million
5 Houston Texans $1.45 billion $320 million $81.5 million
6 New York Jets $1.38 billion $321 million $52.8 million
7 Philadelphia Eagles $1.314 billion $306 million $47.8 million
8 Chicago Bears $1.252 billion $298 million $63.2 million
9 Baltimore Ravens $1.227 billion $292 million $48.3 million
10 San Francisco 49ers $1.224 billion $255 million $10.2 million
11 Indianapolis Colts $1.2 billion $276 million $65 million
12 Green Bay Packers $1.183 billion $282 million $54.3 million


As you can see there are teams are for more successful. You guys are not in the top. Some teams on there don't even have any championships, so you guys don't even crack the top 10. So again, what makes your fanbase so much more better? :lol:
0 x

Sinatra
Starter
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: IF THE VIKINGS CAN'T WIN, AT LEAST LET THE PACKERS LOSE

Post by Sinatra » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:58 am

JEC334 wrote: As you can see there are teams are for more successful. You guys are not in the top. Some teams on there don't even have any championships, so you guys don't even crack the top 10. So again, what makes your fanbase so much more better? :lol:
Smallest market in the NFL. Non-profit ownership. But still in the top third for most valuable franchises in the most profitable sport in the country.

Where was Minnesota on that list? Apparently lower than 12. Lower than a non-profit organization in the smallest professional sports market in the country, Sk'LOL!
0 x

Sinatra
Starter
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: IF THE VIKINGS CAN'T WIN, AT LEAST LET THE PACKERS LOSE

Post by Sinatra » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:00 pm

No Vikings fan can ever win a "Who's better?" debate. The Packers organization is superior by virtually every conceivable metric.

Sorry guys. It's OK. Someone has to be the loser. We appreciate you shouldering that burden. You guys wear "loser" much better than we ever could - it just looks natural on you.
0 x

User avatar
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:43 am
Location: Minneapolis

Re: IF THE VIKINGS CAN'T WIN, AT LEAST LET THE PACKERS LOSE

Post by NextQuestion » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:29 pm

lol yet you spend your time trolling Viking fan message boards. That's kind of "loser" like IMO.

and hahaha Packer fans take over stadiums? child, please.
0 x
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.

RandallioCobb18
Starter
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Re: IF THE VIKINGS CAN'T WIN, AT LEAST LET THE PACKERS LOSE

Post by RandallioCobb18 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:37 am

JEC334 wrote: What is your definition of successful? First you were hollering about championships and now you're talking about ticket sells. Well sir I can tell you that their are 11 more teams much more "successful than the Packers. According to Forbes List:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1737 ... -nfl-teams


Ranking Team Team Value 2012 Revenue 2012 Operating Income
1 Dallas Cowboys $2.3 billion $539 million $250.7 million
2 New England Patriots $1.8 billion $408 million $139.2 million
3 Washington Redskins $1.7 billion $381 million $104.3 million
4 New York Giants $1.55 billion $338 million $64.4 million
5 Houston Texans $1.45 billion $320 million $81.5 million
6 New York Jets $1.38 billion $321 million $52.8 million
7 Philadelphia Eagles $1.314 billion $306 million $47.8 million
8 Chicago Bears $1.252 billion $298 million $63.2 million
9 Baltimore Ravens $1.227 billion $292 million $48.3 million
10 San Francisco 49ers $1.224 billion $255 million $10.2 million
11 Indianapolis Colts $1.2 billion $276 million $65 million
12 Green Bay Packers $1.183 billion $282 million $54.3 million


As you can see there are teams are for more successful. You guys are not in the top. Some teams on there don't even have any championships, so you guys don't even crack the top 10. So again, what makes your fanbase so much more better? :lol:
Woah woah, where did I say the words "tickets sales"? I stated a fact, the Packers have sold out every game since 1960, that fact alne is amazing, but add on that the fact that if i was t go the season tickets waiting list, I would realistically, never see them in my life.

Packers fans sell out Lambeau Field, and travel extremely well, can you say the same about the Vikings fans?
0 x

RandallioCobb18
Starter
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Re: IF THE VIKINGS CAN'T WIN, AT LEAST LET THE PACKERS LOSE

Post by RandallioCobb18 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:40 am

MelanieMFunk wrote: :puke:
Oh yeah? You have, huh? And just how many of those have you been a part of? Just curious. You do a lot of bragging about your Packers--and now your Packers FANS are just the greatest, too. How many games have you gone to, to support the. best. team. ever.? If I had to guess, you probably take credit for the accomplishments of other people. :D

Truth is: It's really hard to know who the most loyal fanbases are, because we're all different. It's all subjective, anyway. All teams have loyal fans; and all have...those other kinds of fans. But coming on to a Vikings fans message board to brag about your "better" fanbase is...wow. Anything to make yourself feel better, I guess. Good luck with that. :shock: Don't have a little brother to bully? :D
Oh yea because I made an account on here just to brag about Packers fans. :roll:

But the fact remains, the Packers serve more of an in game purpose then Vikings fans. Travel well, sell out stadium, etc. etc.
0 x

RandallioCobb18
Starter
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Re: IF THE VIKINGS CAN'T WIN, AT LEAST LET THE PACKERS LOSE

Post by RandallioCobb18 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:43 am

NextQuestion wrote:lol yet you spend your time trolling Viking fan message boards. That's kind of "loser" like IMO.

and hahaha Packer fans take over stadiums? child, please.
Lol, spend my time? Id be willing to bet you spend more time on this board then I do, and I didnt know posting in the SMACK forum was considered trolling, I guess ill keep that in mind.
0 x

Post Reply