View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 IF THE VIKINGS CAN'T WIN, AT LEAST LET THE PACKERS LOSE 
Hall of Famer

Post IF THE VIKINGS CAN'T WIN, AT LEAST LET THE PACKERS LOSE
:rock:

Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:47 pm
Starter

Post Re: IF THE VIKINGS CAN'T WIN, AT LEAST LET THE PACKERS LOSE
Hunter Morrow wrote:
:rock:

Interesting game was it not?

Haha, man, another instance where an admitted NFL officiating mistake costs the Pack the game, that mistake resulted in 7 points and the Packers lost by 6, oh well, not like it hasnt happened before, suck it up move on and lets get to dominating this division. :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

So much for the Niners being this invincible juggernaut.

So much for the Vikings season. :rofl:

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:25 am
Career Elite Player

Actually....
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-mistake/

Maybe if your boneheaded, HGH consuming, idiot LB didn't dive at a guy while out of bounds it would have been FG time. Also, your coach accepted a penalty when it could have been 4th down. STFU

Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:22 am
Starter

NextQuestion wrote:
Actually....
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-mistake/

Maybe if your boneheaded, HGH consuming, idiot LB didn't dive at a guy while out of bounds it would have been FG time. Also, your coach accepted a penalty when it could have been 4th down. STFU

Woah calm down there queenies fan, your right about one thing, that was a bone headed play for sure, but it still should have been 4th down, not 3rd. Big, big mistake on the refs part.

Why u so mad bruh? Didn't u guys play alright against the lions? LOL get back in the cellar with you Vikings.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:49 am
Career Elite Player

I forget...aren't you 0-1 as well?
Dagger.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:35 pm
Starter

Lol, all losses count the same in the standings, so no arguing there. But if I'm trying to forecast my chances for the rest of the season, I'd feel a lot better about losing at the last minute by less than a touchdown to SF, then losing by two TDs to the Lions, LOL.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:05 pm
Starter

NextQuestion wrote:
I forget...aren't you 0-1 as well?
Dagger.

Losing because of a questionable call, on a last minute TD against the defending NFC Champion is a lol bit more impressive then losing to Lions by multiple possessions...lol.

Seriously, how can you even be optimistic in the slightest about the Vikings? There not going to even sniff the playoffs, and even if they would, do you REALLY think you could compete for a SB with Ponder at QB? I mean, really.....you don't even have a realistic chance.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:30 pm
Hall of Famer

I saw at least 2 "Roughing The Rodgers." Don't act like the team hasn't been given rockstar treatment by the refs because of Favre and Rodgers.
It absolutely has. Every team with a star quarterback gets catered to.

I don't know why you'd give Kaepernick, Boldan and Vernon Davis another crack at you and not make it 4th and a very long 1.
Blame the coaching, blame Matthews for running his mouth and then cheap shotting a guy.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:55 pm
Career Elite Player

RC18 is out of his mind. Questionable call? Maybe don't have your player dive at the QB when he's out of bounds and the whole "what down is it" thing doesn't happen.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:40 am
Starter

NextQuestion wrote:
RC18 is out of his mind. Questionable call? Maybe don't have your player dive at the QB when he's out of bounds and the whole "what down is it" thing doesn't happen.

I completely agree it was a bone headed move in which Clay let his emotions get the best of him, but then that makes it the refs job to not throw the flag on Staley, but they did, you throw the flag...you get the down and distance right. And they didn't. Regardless, it doesn't matter, we lost, so be it, #### happens, now its time to suck it the #### up and get prepared for the Redskins.

BTW, what happened to all the optimism on this board? Did you guys get a taste of "Yea but Ponder Is still the QB" - itis?

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:53 pm
Career Elite Player

Optimism? Sure haven't had it through me. I've seen nothing but "Packers D is going to dominate this year with Dantone Jones and be Super Bowl bound" from the Wisconsin end. :wallbang:

Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:19 pm
Hall of Famer

Packers D is going to cough up about 500 yards a game, but as long as Clay Matthews gets a sack, the media will suck Dom's capers and act like that
buffoon is some football mastermind. He's godawful.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:40 pm
Starter

Hunter Morrow wrote:
Packers D is going to cough up about 500 yards a game, but as long as Clay Matthews gets a sack, the media will suck Dom's capers and act like that

LOL, you do realize that the Packers 2012 D was ranked higher then the Vikings 2012 D right? 12th my man, and was ranked fourth in sacks. Sounds pretty good to me.

He also had a top 10 D in 2009 and 2010, that leaves one bad year, 2011, now you can hopelessly cling to that all you want, but it doesn't mean anything. Also I might add that on our SB run in 2010, the D was infinitely more reliable then our O, like I said, one bad year does not constitute being "Godawful".

Your going to eat those words, btw, our D is going to be a force this year, Dom took our D from 32nd to 12th off of one draft, and were only getting better, did you see our opener? We were beat in space, yes, but we dominated the LOS on the Defensive side of the ball, so much for us being soft. And we did dominate the LOS on the D's end too, go back and check it out if you want. We had a couple tackles on Kap in the back field that were counted as tackles, not sacks, because he had already been declared as a runner, and this was also considering the lack of blitzes and Capers like tricks because we were focused on containment. We also shut Gore the #### down.

Not to mention, your offense sucks, I'll be surprised if you guys can put up 14 plus points on us, you surely won't be able to stop our O, this is a new and improved front seven my man, AP will get his, but it just won't be enough.

Last edited by RandallioCobb18 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:43 pm
Starter

Hunter Morrow wrote:

Man, it must suck to be a Vikes fan.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:45 pm
All Pro Elite Player

RandallioCobb18 wrote:
Hunter Morrow wrote:

It's quite awesome actually. :D

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:40 am
Starter

JEC334 wrote:
RandallioCobb18 wrote:
Hunter Morrow wrote:

It's quite awesome actually. :D

Probably not as awesome as being a fan of a....how should i put this.... Successful franchise. :D

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:47 am
All Pro Elite Player

RandallioCobb18 wrote:
Probably not as awesome as being a fan of a....how should i put this.... Successful franchise. :D

I'm assuming your definition of successful franchise, is the few super bowls the Packers have. If you've been a Packer fan for a long time then I salute you. It's so easy to cheer for a team when they're having a good season or have a good franchise history. But it takes a totally awesome fan to cheer for a team like the Vikings.

We may have got let down every year so far but us fans who've been through a lot of those tough losses only got stronger as fans. I couldn't see myself loving another team even if the Vikings go 10 straight years having a losing season. It shows we can even stick to our team through YEARS of adversity. And that's whats make us more awesome than the Fudge Packers and the rest of the NFC North.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:05 pm
Starter

JEC334 wrote:
RandallioCobb18 wrote:

I'm assuming your definition of successful franchise, is the few super bowls the Packers have. If you've been a Packer fan for a long time then I salute you. It's so easy to cheer for a team when they're having a good season or have a good franchise history. But it takes a totally awesome fan to cheer for a team like the Vikings.

We may have got let down every year so far but us fans who've been through a lot of those tough losses only got stronger as fans. I couldn't see myself loving another team even if the Vikings go 10 straight years having a losing season. It shows we can even stick to our team through YEARS of adversity. And that's whats make us more awesome than the Fudge Packers and the rest of the NFC North.

Considering that there is only 3 teams in the NFL with more SBs than us, and none with as many NFL championships than us, I think its safe to say that the Packers are one of the most successful franchises in the league.

Furthermore, to insinuate that the Vikings fanbase has shown any more loyalty and dedication to their team then the other 3 NFCN teams, is absolutely absurd.

What about the Lions? Have they not had had a rough go of it likewise? They come back for more and more abuse, just as the Vikes fans do.

Your fanbase cannot even COMPARE to that of the Packers, we have sold out every game since 1960, I doubt you can even say the Vikes have done so since 2000, let alone for 50 years.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:21 pm
Career Elite Player

lol at the whole "NFL championship bit". Vikings, technically....are 1 time NFL Champions. Gotta remember...Packers have one of the biggest band-wagon fan bases out there. I live in MPLS and have plenty of "Packer fan" friends and everyone on social media was silent with no mention of the game. When they win and Vikes lose it's a damn mess.

Also remember...The Packers were pure garbage from the late 60's (after the first couple of SBs) until roughly 1993.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:21 pm
Starter

NextQuestion wrote:
lol at the whole "NFL championship bit". Vikings, technically....are 1 time NFL Champions. Gotta remember...Packers have one of the biggest band-wagon fan bases out there. I live in MPLS and have plenty of "Packer fan" friends and everyone on social media was silent with no mention of the game. When they win and Vikes lose it's a damn mess.

Also remember...The Packers were pure garbage from the late 60's (after the first couple of SBs) until roughly 1993.

So, do you think a "band wagon fan base" could sell out EVERY game since 1960? Really? LOL, comon man!

I do understand, however, that when you have a franchise as successful as the Packers, that there are plenty of people that aren't real fans, but who jump on the bandwagon until they waver, or have a bad game or two, and those people, truly are band wagoners.

But just because there are bandwagoners, does not mean that the whole fan base are just a bunch of band wagon fans. LOL. The Packers fan base are well known for being loyal to a fault, case and point, selling out every game since 1960, your claims have no credibility. I'm fact, I am really curious as to your opinion of why such a fair weather, bandwagon fan base could sell out all of the games since 1960, not to mention how well Packers fans travel. I'm also quite surprised to the Packer fans you know reactions, they were far from perfect, but as far as losses go, this one gave alot of hope for the future.

As to your comment on the Pack's garbage days, every team was garbage for an extended period of time, the Steelers were the doormat of the league for the better part of 40 years.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:51 pm
Career Elite Player

Maybe it sells out because it's in Green Bay where there is literally nothing for miles but a football stadium. Vikings hardly sell out the Dome and it's because, like any team out there, has companies purchase a crap ton of tickets to give out. I don't doubt the true dedication from some but over the years I feel like I've seen some pretty "Oh, I didn't even watch the game" kind of stuff when the team loses. Like I said...being from MPLS I know SO MANY "Packer" fans who were converted Jets and Vikings fan because of Favre. People who say things like "Giants/49ers didn't beat us. We beat ourselves".

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:31 pm
Starter

NextQuestion wrote:
Maybe it sells out because it's in Green Bay where there is literally nothing for miles but a football stadium. Vikings hardly sell out the Dome and it's because, like any team out there, has companies purchase a crap ton of tickets to give out. I don't doubt the true dedication from some but over the years I feel like I've seen some pretty "Oh, I didn't even watch the game" kind of stuff when the team loses. Like I said...being from MPLS I know SO MANY "Packer" fans who were converted Jets and Vikings fan because of Favre. People who say things like "Giants/49ers didn't beat us. We beat ourselves".

You really don't get that all teams have good fans and bad fans right? All I know is that we sell out home games, and take over stadiums. There is no question about that.You act like Minnesota has no small towns, I live in new York in a town smaller then green bay, its not uncommon to have small towns in a state my man, Minnesota has plenty of them, Green Bay is just rare specimen in that it has a professional Football team.
You can't act like the stadium is in some unincorporated town.

I can say I've meat bad fans of pretty much every team though, there's definitely plenty of idiots on the Vikings side of things too, and to tell yourself otherwise is just foolish.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:49 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

RandallioCobb18 wrote:

Your fanbase cannot even COMPARE to that of the Packers.

:puke:

Quote:
we have sold out every game since 1960

Oh yeah? You have, huh? And just how many of those have you been a part of? Just curious. You do a lot of bragging about your Packers--and now your Packers FANS are just the greatest, too. How many games have you gone to, to support the. best. team. ever.? If I had to guess, you probably take credit for the accomplishments of other people. :D

Truth is: It's really hard to know who the most loyal fanbases are, because we're all different. It's all subjective, anyway. All teams have loyal fans; and all have...those other kinds of fans. But coming on to a Vikings fans message board to brag about your "better" fanbase is...wow. Anything to make yourself feel better, I guess. Good luck with that. :shock: Don't have a little brother to bully? :D

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
All Pro Elite Player

RandallioCobb18 wrote:

Considering that there is only 3 teams in the NFL with more SBs than us, and none with as many NFL championships than us, I think its safe to say that the Packers are one of the most successful franchises in the league.

Furthermore, to insinuate that the Vikings fanbase has shown any more loyalty and dedication to their team then the other 3 NFCN teams, is absolutely absurd.

What about the Lions? Have they not had had a rough go of it likewise? They come back for more and more abuse, just as the Vikes fans do.

Your fanbase cannot even COMPARE to that of the Packers, we have sold out every game since 1960, I doubt you can even say the Vikes have done so since 2000, let alone for 50 years.

What is your definition of successful? First you were hollering about championships and now you're talking about ticket sells. Well sir I can tell you that their are 11 more teams much more "successful than the Packers. According to Forbes List:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1737769-dallas-cowboys-top-forbes-list-of-most-valuable-nfl-teams

Ranking Team Team Value 2012 Revenue 2012 Operating Income
1 Dallas Cowboys $2.3 billion $539 million $250.7 million
2 New England Patriots $1.8 billion $408 million $139.2 million
3 Washington Redskins $1.7 billion $381 million $104.3 million
4 New York Giants $1.55 billion $338 million $64.4 million
5 Houston Texans $1.45 billion $320 million $81.5 million
6 New York Jets $1.38 billion $321 million $52.8 million
7 Philadelphia Eagles $1.314 billion $306 million $47.8 million
8 Chicago Bears $1.252 billion $298 million $63.2 million
9 Baltimore Ravens $1.227 billion $292 million $48.3 million
10 San Francisco 49ers $1.224 billion $255 million $10.2 million
11 Indianapolis Colts $1.2 billion $276 million $65 million
12 Green Bay Packers $1.183 billion $282 million $54.3 million

As you can see there are teams are for more successful. You guys are not in the top. Some teams on there don't even have any championships, so you guys don't even crack the top 10. So again, what makes your fanbase so much more better? :lol:

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:39 pm
Starter

JEC334 wrote:
As you can see there are teams are for more successful. You guys are not in the top. Some teams on there don't even have any championships, so you guys don't even crack the top 10. So again, what makes your fanbase so much more better? :lol:

Smallest market in the NFL. Non-profit ownership. But still in the top third for most valuable franchises in the most profitable sport in the country.

Where was Minnesota on that list? Apparently lower than 12. Lower than a non-profit organization in the smallest professional sports market in the country, Sk'LOL!

Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:58 am
Starter

No Vikings fan can ever win a "Who's better?" debate. The Packers organization is superior by virtually every conceivable metric.

Sorry guys. It's OK. Someone has to be the loser. We appreciate you shouldering that burden. You guys wear "loser" much better than we ever could - it just looks natural on you.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:00 pm
Career Elite Player

lol yet you spend your time trolling Viking fan message boards. That's kind of "loser" like IMO.

and hahaha Packer fans take over stadiums? child, please.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:29 pm
Starter

JEC334 wrote:
RandallioCobb18 wrote:

What is your definition of successful? First you were hollering about championships and now you're talking about ticket sells. Well sir I can tell you that their are 11 more teams much more "successful than the Packers. According to Forbes List:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1737769-dallas-cowboys-top-forbes-list-of-most-valuable-nfl-teams

Ranking Team Team Value 2012 Revenue 2012 Operating Income
1 Dallas Cowboys $2.3 billion $539 million $250.7 million
2 New England Patriots $1.8 billion $408 million $139.2 million
3 Washington Redskins $1.7 billion $381 million $104.3 million
4 New York Giants $1.55 billion $338 million $64.4 million
5 Houston Texans $1.45 billion $320 million $81.5 million
6 New York Jets $1.38 billion $321 million $52.8 million
7 Philadelphia Eagles $1.314 billion $306 million $47.8 million
8 Chicago Bears $1.252 billion $298 million $63.2 million
9 Baltimore Ravens $1.227 billion $292 million $48.3 million
10 San Francisco 49ers $1.224 billion $255 million $10.2 million
11 Indianapolis Colts $1.2 billion $276 million $65 million
12 Green Bay Packers $1.183 billion $282 million $54.3 million

Woah woah, where did I say the words "tickets sales"? I stated a fact, the Packers have sold out every game since 1960, that fact alne is amazing, but add on that the fact that if i was t go the season tickets waiting list, I would realistically, never see them in my life.

Packers fans sell out Lambeau Field, and travel extremely well, can you say the same about the Vikings fans?

Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:37 am
Starter

MelanieMFunk wrote:
RandallioCobb18 wrote:

Your fanbase cannot even COMPARE to that of the Packers.

:puke:

Quote:
we have sold out every game since 1960

Oh yeah? You have, huh? And just how many of those have you been a part of? Just curious. You do a lot of bragging about your Packers--and now your Packers FANS are just the greatest, too. How many games have you gone to, to support the. best. team. ever.? If I had to guess, you probably take credit for the accomplishments of other people. :D

Truth is: It's really hard to know who the most loyal fanbases are, because we're all different. It's all subjective, anyway. All teams have loyal fans; and all have...those other kinds of fans. But coming on to a Vikings fans message board to brag about your "better" fanbase is...wow. Anything to make yourself feel better, I guess. Good luck with that. :shock: Don't have a little brother to bully? :D

Oh yea because I made an account on here just to brag about Packers fans. :roll:

But the fact remains, the Packers serve more of an in game purpose then Vikings fans. Travel well, sell out stadium, etc. etc.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:40 am
Starter

NextQuestion wrote:
lol yet you spend your time trolling Viking fan message boards. That's kind of "loser" like IMO.

and hahaha Packer fans take over stadiums? child, please.

Lol, spend my time? Id be willing to bet you spend more time on this board then I do, and I didnt know posting in the SMACK forum was considered trolling, I guess ill keep that in mind.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next