Rate My Team

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Rate My Team

Post by S197 »

12-man League. PPR.

QB Tom Brady
WR Danny Amendola
WR Brandon Marshall
RB Trent Richardson
RB Frank Gore
Flex Eric Decker
TE Brandon Pettigrew
K Blair Walsh
D Bengals

Bench

Denarious Moore
Pierre Thomas
Fred Jackson
Mike Williams
Joe Flacco

Overall pretty happy with the draft although I'm not too happy with Pettigrew. Thought I could snag Rudolph but he went right before and there was a run on TE's. I'm also thin at RB behind the starters but I'm high on Fred Jackson. When he's played he's shown he can put up numbers. I'm thinking about possibly ditching Moore, Oakland looks terrible right now with the QB situation. Would you guys grab a guy like Heyward-Bey over him? Someone else?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Rate My Team

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote:12-man League. PPR.

QB Tom Brady
WR Danny Amendola
WR Brandon Marshall
RB Trent Richardson
RB Frank Gore
Flex Eric Decker
TE Brandon Pettigrew
K Blair Walsh
D Bengals

Bench

Denarious Moore
Pierre Thomas
Fred Jackson
Mike Williams
Joe Flacco

Overall pretty happy with the draft although I'm not too happy with Pettigrew. Thought I could snag Rudolph but he went right before and there was a run on TE's. I'm also thin at RB behind the starters but I'm high on Fred Jackson. When he's played he's shown he can put up numbers. I'm thinking about possibly ditching Moore, Oakland looks terrible right now with the QB situation. Would you guys grab a guy like Heyward-Bey over him? Someone else?
I'd ditch Moore (depending on who's out there). You're right about your TE situation. Jackson is going to need a Spiller injury to be much of a factor (coach said they're going to ride Spiller until he throws up). Amendola/Marshall are going to suck up targets, which is good because I'm not high on Williams. No. 2 wideout in a run-heavy offense with a low-percentage quarterback. Decker should be solid, particularly in PPR.

Overall your starters look pretty strong, save for Pettigrew. I think Richardson is going to make or break your season. Should be an every-down workhorse but he sure didn't show much last season and has been pretty banged up to this point. I've been shying away from Gore, though. He's burned me in the past but can have some pretty productive games.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

I'd start Mike Williams over Amendola, whats not to like about 900 yards and 9 TDs? Pick up Bell from Detroit if available, Bush never stays healthy for a whole season, and he's trash between the tackles, Bell will get run in that offense.
This space available for rent.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleHalo wrote:I'd start Mike Williams over Amendola
In PPR? No way. Even in standard Amendola is going to put Williams to shame (assuming he stays healthy).
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

dead_poet wrote:Overall your starters look pretty strong, save for Pettigrew. I think Richardson is going to make or break your season. Should be an every-down workhorse but he sure didn't show much last season and has been pretty banged up to this point.
That's pretty much it, and your RB backups aren't the best. Pettigrew is one of those irritating players that does nothing for weeks and then has a huge game...but he's on your bench. I'd ditch him and pick up one of those young promising TEs like Eifert or Fleener, or Zach Sudfeld if he's still available.
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

dead_poet wrote: In PPR? No way. Even in standard Amendola is going to put Williams to shame (assuming he stays healthy).
I didn't see the ppr part...
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

HornedMessiah wrote: That's pretty much it, and your RB backups aren't the best. Pettigrew is one of those irritating players that does nothing for weeks and then has a huge game...but he's on your bench. I'd ditch him and pick up one of those young promising TEs like Eifert or Fleener, or Zach Sudfeld if he's still available.
I might just do this. Although I may keep Pettigrew for week 1. Hate to say it but with the Vikings LB situation I think he might have a pretty good week.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Not sure if this is a general Rate My Team thread or just for yours alone. If it's just for yours, feel free to start this in a new thread to tell me to piss off.

Thoughts? 12-man league (0.5 PPR). I'm pretty satisfied even if somehow my "keeper" (Martin) got #### up and I wasn't allowed to keep him (still trying to get that sorted out). I'm not too upset with McCoy as a replacement. I do hate the skinny benches to no end. I'm feeling pretty confident, provided Newton doesn't take a nose-dive and Murray stays healthy. I'm kind of rolling in decent RBs for a 12-man. I might offer some up, though I don't know where I'd need the improvement. Maybe in receiver?

QB: Cam Newton
RB: LeSean McCoy
RB: DeMarco Murray
WR: Demarius Thomas
WR: Pierre Garcon
TE: Jimmy Graham
K: Sea Bass
D: Rams(?)

Bench:

RB Daryl Richardson
WR Josh Gordon
WR Golden Tate
QB: Michael Vick

Guys on the wire: Malcolm Flyod, Zach Sudfeld, Jorden Cameron, Patterson, Helu, Blackmon.

Considering starting Indy defense this week (vs. Raiders) and just playing week-by-week (generally whoever plays the Raiders or Jets). I don't feel very strongly about the Rams defense as a whole.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Looks like a very solid team. If Kelly can pull off that offense in the NFL, McCoy will have a heck of a season. Not really sold on the Rams but it's tough sometimes to get a defense in 12-man. Cam Newton helped me win a couple of leagues last year.
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

S197 wrote:Looks like a very solid team. If Kelly can pull off that offense in the NFL, McCoy will have a heck of a season. Not really sold on the Rams but it's tough sometimes to get a defense in 12-man. Cam Newton helped me win a couple of leagues last year.
I purposely stayed away from McCoy this year, getting burned late last year when I took him round 1, and got Adrian in round 3 in my main league was a huge buzzkill. I worry once those eggs get scrambled, it can happen again, but he will no doubt explode and make me regret. haha
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Traded McCoy for Martin (Martin was my original "keeper").
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Been a rough year so far but Spiller has disappointed as suspected. Jackson will win back the job just like he did last time.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote:Been a rough year so far but Spiller has disappointed as suspected. Jackson will win back the job just like he did last time.
Don't say that. I traded Demarco Murray for Spiller and in another league McCoy for Martin. *facepalm*

I'm still 3-0 in my money league and 2-1 in my other league (my bench outscored my entire lineup this week).
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dead_poet wrote: Don't say that. I traded Demarco Murray for Spiller and in another league McCoy for Martin. *facepalm*

I'm still 3-0 in my money league and 2-1 in my other league (my bench outscored my entire lineup this week).
I got him in one of my leagues too but he's handcuffed with Jackson. Not starting either until it gets sorted out.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Told ya, Freddie Jackson! His stock will be up now but I think he can be a top RB if they transition him into the lead role like they should. I would be throwing some trades out for him right now if I didn't already have him on both teams :twisted: