Bold Predictions: Vikings will Suck

This is where threads go to die. If you want to talk Smack or get out of hand, this is where your post will end up. All Smack talk will be moved here with no shadow links left in the original forum!

Moderator: Moderators

Sinatra
Starter

Bold Predictions: Vikings will Suck

Post by Sinatra » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:25 pm

• The defensive stars are getting old
  • Peterson won't rush for 2,000 yards again
  • Ponder is still bad
  • Frazier is a mediocre coach
  • Jennings will flop
  • Walsh won't replicate his rookie campaign
8-8 if you're lucky. If I'm wrong, I'll come back here and take my lumps. But I won't be wrong.

Last year was a fluke. Peterson had arguably the greatest season of any back in the history of the NFL, and you still barely squeeked into the playoffs. You don't make history two years in a row. Your defense is getting older and will decline. It will be proven that Jennings was a product of the hall of fame quarterbacks that he's been playing catch with since he entered the league.

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Bold Predictions: Vikings will Suck

Post by dead_poet » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:02 pm

Sinatra wrote:
Good thing we have Harrison Smith and Everson Griffen (with good potential in Rhodes and Floyd) to replace them. And "getting old" doesn't mean ineffective. I think 35 year-old Antoine Winfield showed that. And Jared Allen, Kevin Williams, Brian Robison, Chad Greenway, Everson Griffen and Harrison Smith are all at least two years younger than that.
[*]Peterson won't rush for 2,000 yards again
We'll see. Provided he's healthy, 1,500 should be considered his "floor." More than enough to be lethal.
[*]Ponder is still bad
lol...Caveman. "Ug. Ponder bad." He's improved in almost every statistical category from the season previous. There's nothing to suggest that he's leveled out. Not every QB has the luxury of sitting on the bench for three years before starting.
[*]Frazier is a mediocre coach
3-13 to 10-6 in one season. The jury is still out, but I'd say he's above average. Heck, he was in many runnings for 2012's Coach of the Year.
[*]Jennings will flop
What's your definition of a "flop" season? Of course he's not going to put up a 100-catch, 1,200-yard campaign with a run-first team with a lesser QB at the helm than the FORMER league MVP. Unless you quantify what you believe to be a "flop" season, you're really not making much of a prediction.
[*]Walsh won't replicate his rookie campaign[/list]
What? PERFECTION? Won't replicate one of the greatest rookie kicking campaigns of all time? Way to go out on a limb there. There's nothing to suggest he'll greatly regress.
8-8 if you're lucky. If I'm wrong, I'll come back here and take my lumps. But I won't be wrong.
Of course not. Why would you be?

Last year was a fluke.
Please. Like there's such things as "flukes" in the NFL. The best teams win week-in and week-out.
Peterson had arguably the greatest season of any back in the history of the NFL, and you still barely squeeked into the playoffs.
By beating your sorry ####.
You don't make history two years in a row. Your defense is getting older and will decline.
A declining Vikings defense is still considerably better than whatever that is the Packers put out there every week.
It will be proven that Jennings was a product of the hall of fame quarterbacks that he's been playing catch with since he entered the league.
Oh, so Jennings benefited from Hall of Fame quarterbacks you say?

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

Vikesfanrjv36
Waterboy

Post by Vikesfanrjv36 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:14 pm

Probably a packers fan. Also if they lose Rodgers to an injury, they lose all their games.

Skol Vikings!!

Sinatra
Starter

Post by Sinatra » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:38 pm

Vikesfanrjv36 wrote:Probably a packers fan. Also if they lose Rodgers to an injury, they lose all their games.

Skol Vikings!!
Of course I am. I thought that was obvious?

And if you lose Peterson to injury, you lose all your games.

Sinatra
Starter

Post by Sinatra » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:46 pm

@ dead_poet
3-13 to 10-6 in one season. The jury is still out, but I'd say he's above average. Heck, he was in many runnings for 2012's Coach of the Year.
You're right. The coaching accumen that he must possess to say "Hand it to Peterson!"
What's your definition of a "flop" season? Of course he's not going to put up a 100-catch, 1,200-yard campaign with a run-first team with a lesser QB at the helm than the FORMER league MVP. Unless you quantify what you believe to be a "flop" season, you're really not making much of a prediction.
Sub-1,000. I want to say sub-800, but perhaps I'm being greedy - so I'll say sub-1,000 instead.
What? PERFECTION? Won't replicate one of the greatest rookie kicking campaigns of all time? Way to go out on a limb there. There's nothing to suggest he'll greatly regress.
That's my point. Peterson and Walsh both had historical, all-time seasons, and you barely squeeked into the playoffs. You won't get historical performances again from them, and so you're going to decline. 8-8 at best.
By beating your sorry ####.
LOL. Only a Vikings fan would brag about winning 1 out of 3 games.
Please. Like there's such things as "flukes" in the NFL. The best teams win week-in and week-out.
Oh okay. So the 8-8 Bucs were better than ther 15-1 Vikings in '98? Yeah, that's what I thought.

dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:37 pm

Sinatra wrote:You're right. The coaching accumen that he must possess to say "Hand it to Peterson!"
Because football is that simplistic. I guess the Packer equivalent is: Have Rodgers throw it to someone! Brilliant coaching!
Sub-1,000. I want to say sub-800, but perhaps I'm being greedy - so I'll say sub-1,000 instead.
Yikes! That means Cobb flopped last season! And so did Jennings in 2006, 2007 and 2011! All the receivers in GB flopped last year! What's going on in Green Bay!?!
That's my point. Peterson and Walsh both had historical, all-time seasons, and you barely squeeked into the playoffs. You won't get historical performances again from them, and so you're going to decline. 8-8 at best.
:lol: I see.
LOL. Only a Vikings fan would brag about winning 1 out of 3 games.
Yikes. I didn't realize I touched a nerve.
Oh okay. So the 8-8 Bucs were better than ther 15-1 Vikings in '98? Yeah, that's what I thought.
Oh, so it can't be that the Bucs played better on that day? You're right flukes exist. You've convinced me. So do jackelopes, ghosts, underpants gnomes and flying spaghetti monsters.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:24 pm

If the Packers ever loss Aaron Rodgers due to injury, their fans will see how terrible the team really is. You guys have no defense, no running game, and without Rodgers arm the passing wouldn't even be as good as it is.

RandallioCobb18
Starter

Post by RandallioCobb18 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:29 am

JEC334 wrote:If the Packers ever loss Aaron Rodgers due to injury, their fans will see how terrible the team really is. You guys have no defense, no running game, and without Rodgers arm the passing wouldn't even be as good as it is.
If the Vikings lost Peterson, it be the same thing.

Just so you know, the Packers 2012 D was ranked higher then the Vikes 2012 D, we went from 32nd to 12th on the strength of one draft, there only getting better.

Rather have Eddie Lacy trying to improve our running game then Ponder trying to magically stop being awful, if Peterson doesnt run for over 2000 yards, you guys have no chance.

Cant wait for my team to crush your teams dreams once again.

Sinatra
Starter

Post by Sinatra » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:05 am

LOL, so far, so good.
Sinatra wrote:
Defense looked pretty mediocre out there. 34 points to the mediocre Lions.
Sinatra wrote:
93 yards. On pace for 1,488. Oh, and aside for that one 78 yard run, he had 17 carries for 15 yards. Yikes. And this was against the Lions mediocre run defense (16th, 2012). Double yikes.
Sinatra wrote:
  • Ponder is still bad
LOL. This one was just too easy. 3 interceptions and 1 fumble. LOLOL. <3 Ponder.
Sinatra wrote:
Yup.
Sinatra wrote:
  • Jennings will flop
LOL x2. 3 catches, 33 yards in 7 targets. On pace for a blistering 528 yards. And this was against the Lions mediocre pass defense (14th, 2012).
Sinatra wrote:
Well, Walsh actually looked good again. One make from 52 yards.

Sinatra wrote:8-8 if you're lucky. If I'm wrong, I'll come back here and take my lumps. But I won't be wrong.
Last year was a fluke. Peterson had arguably the greatest season of any back in the history of the NFL, and you still barely squeeked into the playoffs. You don't make history two years in a row. Your defense is getting older and will decline. It will be proven that Jennings was a product of the hall of fame quarterbacks that he's been playing catch with since he entered the league.
Yup.

And no, I won't be back here to update this every week. I'll probably just do it when the Vikings embarrass themselves. Oh, actually, I guess I will be updating it every week then. Sk'LOL Vikings.

Sinatra
Starter

Post by Sinatra » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:25 am

0-2

Sk'LOL!

NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:36 am

Got us there. One game behind the Pack
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.

Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:47 pm

RandallioCobb18 wrote: If the Vikings lost Peterson, it be the same thing.

Just so you know, the Packers 2012 D was ranked higher then the Vikes 2012 D, we went from 32nd to 12th on the strength of one draft, there only getting better.

Rather have Eddie Lacy trying to improve our running game then Ponder trying to magically stop being awful, if Peterson doesnt run for over 2000 yards, you guys have no chance.

Cant wait for my team to crush your teams dreams once again.
Vikings did lose Peterson. 2011. For 4 games. Toby Gerhart stepped in and didn't miss a beat. Although you wouldn't know it because no one ever talks about it. 357 yards on 66 caries, 5.4 yards per carry.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966

Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:17 pm

Sinatra wrote:
  • Ponder is still bad
  • Jennings will flop

Just going to address this issue here. Yup that defense is getting old. Been getting old now for, well, let's see, Packers fans have been telling me that my teams defense has been getting old for something like 8 years now. Fact. Green Bays defensive starters(based on the starters use on 9/15/13) average age is 27.8 Fact. MN defensive starters average age is 28.2. Man that's light years older. Pickett, Jolly, Williams all over 30 for Green Bay. But then I expect them to dump Pickett at the end of the year. For MN, it's Allen, Williams and Robison over 30. So when you talk about the D getting old, look at the age of your defense first.

Second thought, one more thing, you don't make history two years in a row? At one time a QB throwing 4,000 yards a years was almost unheard of. But doing it two years in a row? Impossible. Then the line was moved to 5,000 yards a year, and two years in a row was impossible. Now that line has moved. If nothing else, it should tell you that nothing is impossible. BTW, after 2 games, Peterson is 49 yards ahead of what he was last year after two games.

NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:37 am

Jolly is back in the NFL?
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.

Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:14 pm

NextQuestion wrote:Jolly is back in the NFL?
Yup, they let the druggie back in. He is actually playing well. Let's see if he can last.