VMB party at the Metrodome next season..??

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Re: VMB party at the Metrodome next season..??

Post by jackal »

got my plane tickets and game tickets section 207 fairly high row
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

I'll be in 102. Row 16. Not too shabby.

It'll be my best seat this season. Went the cheaper route with the Packers game and the Lions game. Alright, the Lions game was cheaper--the Packers game wasn't. lol. People act like that game is the Super Bowl or something! They jack up the prices SO much. Ridiculous!
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

jackal wrote:
that's right the 296 Game and I was sitting next to Kansas Mike for that one..

Jealous.

Didn't San Diego make history that day too with some huge run back?
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

MelanieMFunk wrote:the Packers game wasn't. lol. People act like that game is the Super Bowl or something! They jack up the prices SO much. Ridiculous!
Too many Pack fans willing to drive to the dome
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

glg wrote: Too many Pack fans willing to drive to the dome
Is that part of the reason? I think people re-selling their tickets are just plain greedballs; that's what I think. I've seen tickets in the very, very top area of the Dome for over $100. They were like $120 and up for like row 30 in the top level. That's absurd. :) What do you think those tickets are at face value? $15 to $20? A little more? Either way, $120 to be on the top top top. No way. :P
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

MelanieMFunk wrote: Is that part of the reason?
It's that and the rivalry, which makes more Vikes fans want to go too.
MelanieMFunk wrote:I think people re-selling their tickets are just plain greedballs; that's what I think. I've seen tickets in the very, very top area of the Dome for over $100. They were like $120 and up for like row 30 in the top level. That's absurd. :) What do you think those tickets are at face value? $15 to $20? A little more? Either way, $120 to be on the top top top. No way. :P
$15-20 face? no way, the cheapest face this year is $41.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Okay, but that's still triple the price. Still insane. :)

I get the rivalry and such, but I think people take it a little far when trying to re-sell their tickets. That's what I'm saying. I've been buying tickets for a quite of few years now, and the Packers game is always ridiculous. For instance, a friend of a friend has REALLY good seats behind the Vikings sideline. He sells a lot of them. Last year, I could have gotten those seats for $150 each for the Niners game...and some other game I asked about. I contacted him about the Packers game for this season, just one short year later, $400 a pop. Get real. lol. I get it, it's the Packers...but, dude. Really? A Packers game is worth 3 times as much as others? That's a stretch to me. The rivalry makes it better, but not that much better. Heck, I paid less than a third of that to attend the Vikings/Cowboys playoff game a few years ago. Not nearly as good of seats, but they were decent. I still stand by my thoughts that people are over the top with their Packers tickets. Not everyone is super, duper greedy--but most are.

I'm only going to the Packers game this year because my coworker wanted to. I usually avoid the Packers game for this reason, but it being the last year in the Dome...heck, I'll go! :) But, it took some convincing. lol. I'm actually more excited about the Browns and Lions games. I like winning, and I feel like those are going to be wins. :) The Packers...eh. It's going to be tough. And quite frankly, I don't want to put up with a Packers fan for another day if things don't go our way! lol. I'm not a nice person when we lose to the Packers. I have to work with this person, so I have to be nice for that night and all the way back home. :shock: Not. Easy. Sunday Night Football should be fun though. I'll stop whining about the prices. lol. Hee! We better win! I'm already getting anxiety! :)
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Jealous. Didn't San Diego make history that day too with some huge run back?
Yes there were three NFL records that day ..

Adrian Peterson ran for 296 yards

Fricking stupid Childress kicked a really long field goal and it went short ... late in the 2nd quarter
San Diego players grabs the ball 9 yards deep in the end zone and runs it back for 109 yards ..
The stadium was stunned and one fan screamed, "WHAT THE FUDGE POP!!!" He said something else though..
That one fan voiced the frustration of thousands of fans...

The other NFL record was the first NFL rookie to run fro over 200 Yards twice in a rookie season

It was a total of three NFL records in one game..

Peterson only had like 51 yards or something in the first half.. The whole second half every time he touched
the ball he went for 35-60 yards and scored.

To be honest I was so pumped up that I didn't even realize how great a game it was until they were flashing 250
yards on the Jumbo tron ...

I think about 10000 fans stayed after the game was over unable to leave the electric stadium ..

One of the greatest days of my life ...
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

I'd definitely come if I was regional. But the cost of airfare from LAX is ridiculous due to the Delta monopoly. Have a great time all.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Cal Vike I understand I have not been since 2009 because
Of that reason.
Bill Carson
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bill Carson »

CalVike wrote:I'd definitely come if I was regional. But the cost of airfare from LAX is ridiculous due to the Delta monopoly. Have a great time all.
Check out Spirit Airlines. New low cost carrier serving Minneapolis. They fly to LAX via Vegas - I've made it out to LAX ~$200 or so a couple of times. I haven't had any problems with them, and the seats I think are actually more comfortable than Delta! They ding you for luggage and snacks and beverages, but that's to be expected with their business model
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

I could try to meet up with you cats, I split my tix for financial reasons now, so I'm not sure which games I will be at.
This space available for rent.
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

Bill Carson wrote: Check out Spirit Airlines. New low cost carrier serving Minneapolis. They fly to LAX via Vegas - I've made it out to LAX ~$200 or so a couple of times. I haven't had any problems with them, and the seats I think are actually more comfortable than Delta! They ding you for luggage and snacks and beverages, but that's to be expected with their business model
I flew them to Chicago once, if you only have a backpack it's free.
This space available for rent.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

VMB knows how to party! NOT! :wink:

Who all committed? Like 3 people? Come on, man.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Oh well I will be having fun no matter what