Hernandez arrested + released from Pats

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Hernandez arrested + released from Pats

Post by The Breeze »

Just watching the coverage of the probable cause hearing and listening to the legal analysis....I'll be shocked if he is convicted of this murder. Unless one of his pals outright spills the beans on him, I'm guessing that the only thing they have solid evidence on is the obstruction and firearm charges.

No weapon and witnesses of sketchy character.....as well as it being very difficult to find anyone for a jury who hasn't been influenced by the mountain of circumstantial evidence and the media frenzy thus far. Could play out like OJ's trial did.
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

I have a feeling that Hernandez may get let off the hook and get found not guilty.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

I'm not sure what you guys are watching/reading, but the last I knew--they had a mountain of evidence against this guy. They even have him with a gun just minutes after the shooting. I mean, while it is hard to convict of first-degree murder--as it should be--it's hard to imagine he'll walk as a free man. I'm sure he'll get charged with something, even if they can't lock down the first-degree murder part.

As far as finding an impartial jury, I don't believe it will be that hard. You don't even hear all that much about this anymore. With that said, not everyone cares about football or even knows about this case. And many that do, don't care enough to be truly influenced. I only live in Iowa, but I bet 9 of 10 people I asked wouldn't even know a thing about it--or care. I understand locally it would be a bit different, but there are plenty of people out there who are unaware of this--and they only need to find a couple. It's fairly highly-populated on the East Coast, right? They'll find who they need. :)

I've watched too much of the Jodi Arias trial... :shock:
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

MelanieMFunk wrote:I'm not sure what you guys are watching/reading, but the last I knew--they had a mountain of evidence against this guy. They even have him with a gun just minutes after the shooting. I mean, while it is hard to convict of first-degree murder--as it should be--it's hard to imagine he'll walk as a free man. I'm sure he'll get charged with something, even if they can't lock down the first-degree murder part.

As far as finding an impartial jury, I don't believe it will be that hard. You don't even hear all that much about this anymore. With that said, not everyone cares about football or even knows about this case. And many that do, don't care enough to be truly influenced. I only live in Iowa, but I bet 9 of 10 people I asked wouldn't even know a thing about it--or care. I understand locally it would be a bit different, but there are plenty of people out there who are unaware of this--and they only need to find a couple. It's fairly highly-populated on the East Coast, right? They'll find who they need. :)

I've watched too much of the Jodi Arias trial... :shock:

They have a picture of him holding the gun but they don't have THE gun used to kill Odin Lloyd. They still need clear evidence that he intended to kill. The only witness was a guy who was with him and he didn't necessarily say that he saw Hernandez kill him, but apparently the other guy who was with them told the witness that Hernandez said he killed Lloyd. That sounds pretty sketchy to me.

The surveillance tapes, finger prints on ammunition box, the car used during the killing rented his name, they still link him to it and explain how did all of these things equal to him killing Lloyd which I think they wont do. He will get that OJ treatment, just watch.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Yeah. Things may be sketchy, but that's why they have over a year or so (sometimes more) to gather evidence and such. It's only been a few weeks, right? I think they should shut up about it and get to work. He's obviously involved--and they just need to prove it and/or get someone to crack. I hope they do. If nothing else, this guy needs to be put away for life for being INSANE. Throwing away $40 million to play around with his friends and guns, all while pretending to be some bad @$$? Too bad we can't lock people up for simply being complete idiots. :P Blows my mind that people can have everything in the world...and they somehow get caught up in this kind of stuff. I don't get it. Most of us would kill (no pun intended) to have the kind of life/money that Hernandez has/had...and he just throws it away. Foolish.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

The uncle of former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez died in an accident Saturday, according to the Hartford Courant.

This marks the second time that a member of Hernandez's family has died in an accident.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/aaron-hern ... --nfl.html

Weirder and weirder.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

Can anyone make a picture of Hernandez getting spooned by a big jail inmate with the caption: Go in a tight end ........come out a wide receiver? :rofl:
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

His arraignment begins today around 2pm ET.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

JEC334 wrote:His arraignment begins today around 2pm ET.
I think I'd rather watch paint dry than coverage of this clown. Who is Aaron Hernandez? It isn't the offseason anymore; we have better things to talk about. Thank goodness! I just hope he likes the food in jail. I'd hate for him to not enjoy that simple pleasure.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Buffalo fans at the Patriots/Bills game:

Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

That picture is awesome. Poor Bills fans. Losing those close ones to the Pats is devastating. Losing 19 of the last 20 hurts my feelings for them.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

poor Buffalo .. no luck but bad luck ...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Tabitha Perry, a 27-year-old woman with ties to Hernandez, was found dead at a residence in Southington, Conn., with the cause of death still pending, according to the Hartford Courant.

This is the third known person with ties to Hernandez who has died recently.

Perry survived the car crash that killed Thaddeus Singleton III less than six months ago. Singleton had a child with Perry, but he was married to Tanya Singleton, a cousin of Hernandez who faces an accessory charge in the death of Odin Lloyd, the man whom Hernandez is accused of killing.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html

:shock:
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

MelanieMFunk wrote: I think I'd rather watch paint dry than coverage of this clown. Who is Aaron Hernandez? It isn't the offseason anymore; we have better things to talk about. Thank goodness! I just hope he likes the food in jail. I'd hate for him to not enjoy that simple pleasure.

Hey Hey Hey now! Innocent until proven guilty. I know things look bad but lets wait until the verdict is reached before we accuse him of being a killer. lol

Idk why but it seems whenever someone gets convicted of something, people assume that the defendant is guilty. :confused:
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

King James wrote:

Hey Hey Hey now! Innocent until proven guilty. I know things look bad but lets wait until the verdict is reached before we accuse him of being a killer. lol

Idk why but it seems whenever someone gets convicted of something, people assume that the defendant is guilty. :confused:
Convicted? :)

And people assume guilt these days because you normally don't get charged with murder and such unless there is some decent proof. Right? This isn't 50 years ago when it was mostly a guessing game!