Hernandez arrested + released from Pats

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Hernandez arrested + released from Pats

Post by HornedMessiah »

JEC334 wrote:He already opened his mouth posting pictures like this.

Pictures like this are a dime a dozen, people trying to act all tough and gangsta by posing with their money/jewelry and guns. Kinda crazy to realize that, in this case, he might have used that gun to kill several people.
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

PotGoblin wrote:The Pats are really wanting to remove him like a very bad cancer - they are offering a 48hr trade-in next weekend on July 6-7 for anyone who bought a Hernandez jersey from either the official team shop or online store for any other jersey of comparable value.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... y-exchange
A very classy act by the Patriots. No surprise their taking these kind of actions, the Pats have no tolerance for off-field antics. I dont think this was their way of removing him but I know some fans probably wouldn't wanna wear a Hernandez jersey, considering he may be a murderer. So they're giving them a chance to switch jersey, especially for anyone who just recently bought his jersey earlier this year.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

PotGoblin wrote:The Pats are really wanting to remove him like a very bad cancer - they are offering a 48hr trade-in next weekend on July 6-7 for anyone who bought a Hernandez jersey from either the official team shop or online store for any other jersey of comparable value.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... y-exchange
Will Parham · California State University, Long Beach
Can I exchange my Aaron Hernandez jersey for an O.J. Simpson throwback?
:lol:
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Eli wrote:
Only make that trade if they throw in a Rae Carruth jersey 8)
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Okay, this was pretty funny.
UPDATE: Aaron Hernandez being investigated for possible involvement in disappearance of Manti Teo's girlfriend.
@TomBradysEgo on Twitter
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

dead_poet wrote:Okay, this was pretty funny.
@TomBradysEgo on Twitter
:rofl: That. Is. Awesome.

Sometimes you just have to laugh at serious situations--otherwise you'll go insane!
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

If you don't think the Aaron Hernandez story can get any weirder, wait a few minutes, and it will.
The Hartford Courant has a story that is sure to get imaginations running. Thaddeus Singleton III, an associate of Hernandez's with whom police wanted to talk, died in a one-car accident. The report said the car shot through the air and hit the Farmington Country Club six feet off the ground.
The Nissan Maxima in the accident involving Singleton was registered to Andres Valderrama, Hernandez's uncle. Singleton was married to Hernandez's cousin, the story said.
No matter whether this was a mere coincidental accident or not, the whole Hernandez plot is starting to seem like it came straight from "The Sopranos."
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 34083.html
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

And now the story involves TEBOW!

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/i ... ht-florida

Short version, Hernandez got into an argument with a bar employee, Tebow tried to intervene, Hernandez ends up punching the employee. No charges filed (because it was in Gainesville and Hernandez was a Gator player, of course).
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Aaron Hernandez - TE - Free Agent

According to the Associated Press, court documents suggest police may have turned up "key evidence" in the Aaron Hernandez murder investigation in a "flop house" rented by the former Patriots tight end.

Police searching Hernandez's alternate apartment in Franklin, Mass. reportedly turned up a sweatshirt and baseball hat "similar to what Hernandez wore the night of Odin Lloyd was killed." They also found boxes of bullets. In another Hernandez development, the prosecution has reportedly "reached out to the police in Gainesville, Fla." to determine if Hernandez had a role in a 2007 shooting that left two men wounded. The alleged pattern of violence in Hernandez's past grows more disturbing by the day.
Source: Associated Press
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/arrest-h ... violence-0
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

The alleged pattern of violence in Hernandez's past grows more disturbing by the day.
Definitely. It's getting plain ridiculous and sick at this point. Well, I guess it was that way already, but still...
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

[img]http://ed_wp-content_v2.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/aaron-hernandez-gronk-meme-elite-daily.png[/img]
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

There is a mountain of evidence building against him. If the bullets match anything left on the scene
by the body.. it will be just another link of narrowing reasonable doubt in the case. Innocent people
just don't have all these things happen in their lives. I think one of the friends will be a witness against
him in his trial for a reduced sentence.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

It's sad, a young talented TE throws his NFL career away all because he wanted to pick up a gun and hurt people. smh Even if you're mad at someone that doesn't give you the decision to take their life. If he's found guilty, I hope they transfer him to a state prison that allows the death penalty.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

And now the story involves TEBOW!

I wonder if his Tebow pose was copied after the bar manager that
was holding his after being punched by in the bar....

I know I know bad Jackal

For what its worth Tebow sounded like he was a stand up guy and
tried to prevent the fight and the bill that started the fight
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Another Patriots player just got in trouble
A defensive lineman got arrested in Nebraska
and violated his probation for a previous DUI.