Hernandez arrested + released from Pats

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Hernandez arrested + released from Pats

Post by The Breeze »

At 1:12 a.m., the three left in Hernandez's rented silver Nissan Altima, McCauley said. Cell towers tracked their movements to a gas station off the highway. There, he said, Hernandez bought blue Bubblicious cotton candy gum.
This sounds like something a Juggalo might do.

How about those smart phones....is that Orwellian or what? I'm having trouble believing these guys were that stupid....I guess it all speaks for itself.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Boston PD has located red SUV with RI plates it was looking for as identified in July 2012 homicide. Aaron Hernandez rented it.
Adam Schefter on Twitter
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I love the "Innocent until proven guilty" crowd, lol. They can't even arrest anyone nowadays unless they have almost foolproof evidence.
Wow can we delete this thread already?

Innocent until proven guilty! We shouldn't even be discussing this! :lol:
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Some insight on Hernandez's motive for wanting Lloyd dead:
Citing law enforcement officials, Boston.com reported Thursday afternoon that investigators now believe Lloyd, who was shot to death near Hernandez's suburban Boston home last week, might have had information on the shooting death of two men at an intersection in Boston's South End after an altercation at a nearby club early in the morning of July 15, 2012. The fight involved two men and a group that included Hernandez, the report said.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2 ... odin-lloyd
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

The Breeze wrote:Some insight on Hernandez's motive for wanting Lloyd dead:
More murders. Just keeps getting crazier and crazier.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

hibbingviking wrote: serial killers are smart. :nono:
This one isn't.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

JEC334 wrote: Outside of Hernandez there alot of unsolved murders out here. Look at the George Zimmerman vs Trayvon Martin case. How long as Trayvon is dead, they're presented a crap load of evidence and still no verdict. And that's just one of many murders that have yet to be resolved.
No verdict because they're finally going to court. Unsolved murders are definitely an issue, as Cliff previously pointed out. But I still believe someone is pretty naive--or maybe a little arrogant--to think they're never going to get caught. I stand by that. I don't care how many go unsolved. It's still foolish for someone to think they can do this kind of thing and just live their merry little life like it's all going to be okay. It'll eventually catch up to a person, in one way or another. I don't like the lengthy process either, but both teams have to have time to build their cases. When first degree murder is the charge--and possibly death penalty in some states--they take even LONGER. I just watched the Jodi Arias case for MONTHS. Know how long she was sitting in jail waiting for her trial? Five years. She stabbed her ex 28 times, slit his throat, and shot him...and it STILL took them five freakin years to bring that to trial. It's pathetic. Look at the LOADS of evidence they have against Hernandez. They already said he won't go to trial until at least 2014. Might be even way longer now that they are finding him linked to other things. With that said, at least he's in jail where he belongs so he can't hurt anyone else. Still. These things DO take way too long, and I have nothing to do with that. lol. I also have nothing to do with the fact that so many go unsolved. All I was saying is: Hernandez is really dumb, and I'm not dumb enough to make the same mistakes. :P Little ol' Melanie would get caught, just as Hernandez did. I don't want to be introduced to Big Broom Betty anytime soon.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Demi wrote: Wow can we delete this thread already?

Innocent until proven guilty! We shouldn't even be discussing this! :lol:

Really Demi? three pages of posts here and this is the one you choose to belittle? :roll:
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

The Breeze wrote:Some insight on Hernandez's motive for wanting Lloyd dead:
Now, I just think they're trying to make sure he stays in jail.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

dead_poet wrote: It's really hard to feel sorry for the Pats. But the stat that they might be missing their top FIVE receivers from a year ago is staggering. Pretty sure I'll be targeting Amendola in fantasy this year.
Five? I'm only coming up with four. Either way, if Brady and Belichick are able to make the playoffs and all that jazz--as usual...they really are the real deal. With that said, I hope they're awful. Go Bills! :lol:
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

MelanieMFunk wrote: Five? I'm only coming up with four. :lol:
Lloyd, Welker, Branch, Hernandez, Gronk I believe
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Crax wrote: Lloyd, Welker, Branch, Hernandez, Gronk I believe
Sorry, should have said top five pass catcher as #5 was Woodhead.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

S197 wrote: Sorry, should have said top five pass catcher as #5 was Woodhead.
Aha. Woodhead was the one I was missing. I was kind of thinking it was a RB, but I didn't realize Woodhead went elsewhere.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

punch "hernandezing" into google images. What whacky times we live in.

Last edited by The Breeze on Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PotGoblin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by PotGoblin »

The Pats are really wanting to remove him like a very bad cancer - they are offering a 48hr trade-in next weekend on July 6-7 for anyone who bought a Hernandez jersey from either the official team shop or online store for any other jersey of comparable value.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... y-exchange
Purple Pride till the end.