Hernandez arrested + released from Pats

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Hernandez arrested + released from Pats

Post by dead_poet »

JEC334 wrote:This sad on different levels. The poor victim and his family obviously :rip: , the fact that Hernandez's career maybe over :cry: , and the fact that the Patriots lost almost every offensive weapon on their team except Brady. :lol:
It's really hard to feel sorry for the Pats. But the stat that they might be missing their top FIVE receivers from a year ago is staggering. Pretty sure I'll be targeting Amendola in fantasy this year.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

dead_poet wrote:It's really hard to feel sorry for the Pats. But the stat that they might be missing their top FIVE receivers from a year ago is staggering. Pretty sure I'll be targeting Amendola in fantasy this year.
Amendola's value has definitely shot way up but remember he's made of glass. Too risky to spend an early pick on. I think Ballard will end up being over-valued as well. He's not going to be able to step in and do what Hernandez did.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

MelanieMFunk wrote: ...plenty of people looking for a tight end in prison. He's wanted. Don't you worry your pretty little head about that one. ;)
Chances are he'll convert to wide receiver.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

MelanieMFunk wrote: Funny thing about people who commit murders: They aren't that smart. I've only watched a handful of episodes of Forensic Files in my day, but I'm smart enough to not even THINK about committing murder because they have ways to link that crap back to me. lol. They are SO good these days it's not even funny. With that said, he made it so easy. They thought this would be a ten minute deal: state the charges, discuss bail, and move on. Nope. They went on and on and ON about evidence. Details on who said what when, text messages, where he drove and when, who he was with, when/where the shooting happened, details on the gun, details on the shooting, (people reported gun shots)...guess who showed up at his house 2 minutes later getting out of his vehicle with the murder weapon in his hand? Guess when his home security system suddenly went funky? Right after he entered his house. Come on.

It's too, too, TOO easy. Like taking candy from a baby.
Not that I'm saying you should kill anyone but the solve rate isn't great, actually.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/crime/ ... increasing
Every year in America, 6,000 killers get away with murder.
The percentage of homicides that go unsolved in the United States has risen alarmingly even as the homicide rate has fallen to levels last seen in the 1960s.

Despite dramatic improvements in DNA analysis and forensic science, police fail to make an arrest in more than one-third of all homicides. National clearance rates for murder and manslaughter have fallen from about 90 percent in the 1960s to below 65 percent in recent years.

The majority of homicides now go unsolved at dozens of big-city police departments, according to a Scripps Howard News Service study of crime records provided by the the FBI.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

With last year's top 5 gone, it will be interesting to see if Michael Jenkins makes any sort of impact. I have a feeling he's going to have himself a decent year.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote:With last year's top 5 gone, it will be interesting to see if Michael Jenkins makes any sort of impact. I have a feeling he's going to have himself a decent year.
It wouldn't surprise me if he bested last season's numbers (it's Tom freaking Brady for chrissakes) but they're going to be in a world of trouble if they're relying on him to make a significant impact. If I was them I'd check the draft price of Finley and Moeaki.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

hibbingviking wrote: claim him on waivers . if he is convicted then release him imo.
The Pats would be ECSTATIC if some team would be that stupid. He has guaranteed salary for this year and next that apparently the Pats will have to pay. A team picking him up on waivers would take over those guarantees. It is not risk free to pick him up.
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

MelanieMFunk wrote: Funny thing about people who commit murders: They aren't that smart. I've only watched a handful of episodes of Forensic Files in my day, but I'm smart enough to not even THINK about committing murder because they have ways to link that crap back to me. lol. They are SO good these days it's not even funny. With that said, he made it so easy. They thought this would be a ten minute deal: state the charges, discuss bail, and move on. Nope. They went on and on and ON about evidence. Details on who said what when, text messages, where he drove and when, who he was with, when/where the shooting happened, details on the gun, details on the shooting, (people reported gun shots)...guess who showed up at his house 2 minutes later getting out of his vehicle with the murder weapon in his hand? Guess when his home security system suddenly went funky? Right after he entered his house. Come on.

It's too, too, TOO easy. Like taking candy from a baby.
I wish it was that easy. So many killers are getting away with murders these days. Hernandez case what obvious. He practically gave himself away trying to destroy evidence and not cooperating with the cops. If he had nothing to do with the murder. He could have just presented his version of the story and hope the police find the real killer.

But Hernandez was dumb. Tried to get away with it but waited until the last minute to try to cover up anything.

Outside of Hernandez there alot of unsolved murders out here. Look at the George Zimmerman vs Trayvon Martin case. How long as Trayvon is dead, they're presented a crap load of evidence and still no verdict. And that's just one of many murders that have yet to be resolved.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

JEC334 wrote:He could have just presented his version of the story and hope the police find the real killer.
Actually, it's in your best interest to 1) shut up and 2) lawyer up. I just saw this video not long ago. It paints a convincing reason why this is the smart thing to do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

(warning: long, but interesting)
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

He already opened his mouth posting pictures like this.

jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I don't feel sorry for the Patriots at all

IMO they cheated and won those those super bowls because of it ..

I feel sorry for the family members on both sides the victims and the accused..

They are the ones that suffer the most in these cases
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Aaron Hernandez - TE - Free Agent

One AFC executive believes that Bill Belichick was the only coach willing to take a fourth-round flier on Aaron Hernandez back in 2010.

The executive says that Hernandez was a clear second-round talent at the time, but his off-field issues raised serious red flags. Many teams completely removed him from their draft board. Although Hernandez appeared to keep his nose clean through three seasons with the Patriots, we're now learning of other incidents prior to Wednesday's murder charge. A Connecticut man has filed a civil suit in Florida alleging Hernandez shot him in the face in February, he reportedly had a run-in with a Jets fan in May in which a gun was involved and a picture has surfaced of him standing in a mirror holding a gun. Hernandez also had failed drug tests while with the Gators and is rumored to have gang ties.
Source: Boston Globe
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

moar:
Former Patriots offensive lineman Matt Light told the Dayton Daily News that he "never believed in" Hernandez.

"I never talk about other guys, but I will say I have never embraced -- never believed in -- anything Aaron Hernandez stood for," Light told the newspaper.

Light, who helped the Patriots win three Super Bowls during his 11-year career, was a teammate of Hernandez's for two seasons.
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/i ... ew-hearing

That picture is classic. What a waste of two lives.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Aaron Hernandez - TE - Free Agent

Sources tell FOX 25 Boston that investigators consider Aaron Hernandez a possible suspect in a 2012 double murder that occurred in Boston.

On July 16 of last year, police responded to an intersection in downtown Boston. They found three men had been shot while stopped at a traffic light -- two of them fatally. The deceased were identified as Safiro Furtado and Daniel Abreu, and they had reportedly just left a bar. Witnesses said a gray or silver SUV with Rhode Island plates opened fire and then fled. The investigation is ongoing. Meanwhile, Hernandez was charged with the murder of Odin Lloyd on Wednesday and is facing a civil suit for shooting a man in the face in Florida in February.
Source: MyFoxBoston.com
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Another arrest:
Connecticut authorities arrested another man in connection to the investigation that led to a former NFL player Aaron Hernandez being charged with murder.

The arrest comes about 24 hours after Hernandez was led out of his North Attleboro, Mass., home in handcuffs.

Carlos Ortiz, 27, was charged as a fugitive from justice and has waived extradition to Massachusetts, authorities say. Prison records show Ortiz is being held on $1.5 million bail at a Hartford jail.

Officials declined to release the allegations against Ortiz, who is scheduled to return to court on July 23.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/27/te ... hernandez/