Welcome to Minnesota Desmond Bishop!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Welcome to Minnesota Desmond Bishop!

Post by Funkytown »

Demi wrote: Don't be so negative, average linebackers like this who don't fit the defense are GRRReat!
Been hanging out with Tony the Tiger lately? :D Or are you just plain growling with your "GRRR"? :)

Now I want Frosted Flakes, way more than I ever wanted Bishop. :lol:
Eliot
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Eliot »

The Breeze wrote:Is this the Desmond Bishop thread?

Excellent! Let the speculation ensue...
confused on this. Did you not know that he actually signed his contract?
Minnesota Vikings fan from Missouri!

Skol!
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Eliot wrote: confused on this. Did you not know that he actually signed his contract?
I assumed he signed by your thread title, but my question was in regards to another thread asking why there wasn't a Desmond Bishop thread.... Just me cracking wise. Then my comment on speculation was meant for all the comments to come on how Bishop will fare as a Viking, how he will be used and if he is healthy etc.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Very good signing and he will be added to the growing list of former Packers: Ryan Longwell. Darren Sharper. Brett Favre, Gregg Jennings.
Those naysayers and doomsdayers who complain about every move that the Vikes make can enjoy another huge helping of crow after this year"s Super Bowl run. :thumbsup:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Uptown Murf
Rookie

Post by Uptown Murf »

This is exactly what the Vikings needed! A point of attack MLB that can stack and shed! Congrats - Bishop and Greenway is a very formidable duo! Erin Henderson is good as well. Defense starting to look like the flagship side of the ball...
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Demi wrote:Yeah signing a guy that's actually played in the defense before would have been much worse. :roll:

Right where this team is at. They were going to do something considering the handful of scrubs they were trotting out there to compete for the position. (didn't take long to realize how stupid it was giving Erin a shot huh?) And we still get a downgrade in coverage. Another guy who won't be a three down guy for long, if at all. Who doesn't belong in the defense. And wasn't very good to begin with.

Don't be so negative, average linebackers like this who don't fit the defense are GRRReat!
Hmm, it sounds like those frosted cornflakes weren't covered with milk...

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/66c434 ... orn-flakes
Mercy Percy
Franchise Player

Post by Mercy Percy »

Apparently people arent able to learn new defenses these days... THEY DO HAVE SOMEWHAT OF A BRAIN
The term fan comes from FANatic or fanatical.
UltraNasty850
Backup

Post by UltraNasty850 »

I'm happy with the signing and glad we didn't settle with E. Henderson in the middle.

I'll be the one to say it... Our defense will be NASTY this year. SKOL!
Twitter - @Andy_FA_

Bleed Purple
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Given that E Henderson is at best a role player type player, I do not see this sigining as a terrible thing. Given Bishop's injury history it is hard to say if he'll be a dramatic improvement over EH or JB. However, the FO and Coaches obviously think he'll be an improvement on some level over the other options. That, IMO, is the reason for the signing.

Let's face it. Outside Greenway our LB situation was pretty pathetic talent wise before Bishop signed. Even if Bishop is 80-90% of his pre-injury self I think it is reasonable to think he'll be at least on par and probably better than the guys currently on the depth chart. At this point I think the signing really just speaks to the lack of talent at this position on the roster. Let's hope it works out well for the Purple.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

UltraNasty850 wrote:I'm happy with the signing and glad we didn't settle with E. Henderson in the middle.
How come nobody's talking about Audie?
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

My guess is his pre-season equity is limited despite the one big game. Folks need to see him do it on a Sunday.

One thing worth considering is whether Bishop ends up at OLB or ILB. It is quite possible EH still plays Mike. Some thing that Mike is EH's more natural position. I don't know enough to say that is right or wrong, but I've heard the opinion expressed from EH on Paul Allen's show.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

My favorite part about this? Packer fans CRYING about how Packer players come to Minnesota when they're "trashed" and "washed up" yet they were in depression when it was first reported he was going to be initially cut. SOUR GRAPES, ####
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Just now listening to Bishop being interviewed on NFL32. He said the issue keeping him out of OTAs in GB were related to another area of his hamstring. He said that he was doing too much too soon and felt some strain on the inner portion of the hamstring, not were his injury was. He says he's good to go now.

Still, the guy has hamstring issues. It's understandable to see why GB cut him loose seeing how much he was set to earn. I'm glad he chose Minny and I hope his legs hold up, but I won't be counting on him to last the season.
headless_norseman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by headless_norseman »

Chris Mortenson talked with Frazier today, and what they are most worried about is Bishop staying healthy every week. If so, he's starting. But position hasn't really been addressed yet. I assume he will won't be playing MLB, though.
A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order.

-- Bud Grant
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

headless_norseman wrote: But position hasn't really been addressed yet. I assume he will won't be playing MLB, though.
I so confuse