Jennings who????

This is where threads go to die. If you want to talk Smack or get out of hand, this is where your post will end up. All Smack talk will be moved here with no shadow links left in the original forum!

Moderator: Moderators

King James
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Jennings who????

Post by King James » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:30 am

RandallioCobb18 wrote:
Lol well im surely not dumb enough to believe that theres no chance the Vikings will ever win a SB, but its the smack forums so im gotta lay it on you guys heavy :D not that I expect anything more in return.

Something I dont understand, why are your draft picks 'good' or any better then the Packers draft picks? You all act like there is no way in hell any of your draft picks bust, or that the Packers draft picks dont bust.

I understand the reason for excitement, but please understand were pretty excited as Packer fans too, I dont feel like typing up a whole bunch about the Packers draft picks, but we filled some key spots in the draft too, it all comes down to if those players earn their keep, if not then its just a wasted pick, thats why I dont understand why Vikes fans think this is such a 'good draft', the truth is, we wont know until about 3 years down the road, its fun to talk and speculate but really, thats all it is, speculation.
It is a good draft because we filled the needs on our team. Now you're right, some of these guys could be busts but that goes for any team. And they didnt rush, most people didnt even expect the 3 guys we drafted in the 1st round to be available. Everyone kept screaming Manti Te'o and Keenan Allen. But we went and filled 3 positions that needed to be addressed. Thats why we had a good draft. But using your logic, no team drafted good this year until we see what happens to the players 3 years down the road.

I know as a rival, you would like to doubt us but we are for real. Patterson will show Randall Cobb what a true kick return looks like. :thumbsup:
0 x

RandallioCobb18
Starter

Post by RandallioCobb18 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:45 am

Raptorman wrote: I can answer that. Go to any Packer forum and they say the same thing about the Vikings draft picks. I remember when they drafted Peterson. All I heard from Packer fans was that he was injury prone and would be lucky to play 10 games a season. And he would be out of football in 3 years. This year it's all about how Patterson was a stretch and that he's likely to be a bust.
Your point? I understand that kind of stuff can be funny to look back on but you need to realize that that road goes both ways, you should have seen the crap Vikings fans spewed about Rodgers when he was set to take over as starter, I had a few Viking fan buddies all set to dub him "Error" Rodgers, Whats even funnier is how they all swore T-Jack was their man, and that he was going to be better then Aaron, WHOA, talk about error... :rofl:
0 x

RandallioCobb18
Starter

Post by RandallioCobb18 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:34 am

JEC334 wrote: It is a good draft because we filled the needs on our team. Now you're right, some of these guys could be busts but that goes for any team. And they didnt rush, most people didnt even expect the 3 guys we drafted in the 1st round to be available. Everyone kept screaming Manti Te'o and Keenan Allen. But we went and filled 3 positions that needed to be addressed. Thats why we had a good draft. But using your logic, no team drafted good this year until we see what happens to the players 3 years down the road.

I know as a rival, you would like to doubt us but we are for real. Patterson will show Randall Cobb what a true kick return looks like. :thumbsup:
Im not saying you shouldnt have an opinion on your draft, but I am saying that dont expect other people from around the league to take notice and bow downto the great dynasty that is the Vikings, simply because they drafted a few positions of need. (Not saying 'you' in a literal manner of course.) It was just funny watching the Vikes give up what they did to go get Patterson, and then, in turn, watching all the Vikes fans in the land proclaim themselves division champs. :rofl:

That said, I think Floyd is going to be a GREAT player, kind of sucks you got him, but im used to you guys having killer DTs.

As to your new headcase receiver, hell be lucky if he can come in and make an impact like Cobb does for the Packers, on any side of the ball, although I dont anticipate many more kick returns for Randall Cobb, we seem to be LOADED with Kick Return guys and McCarthy doesnt want such an essential peice of our offense taking the hits on special teams, but fortuantly for us, their was almost no drop off when Jeremy Ross tok over that spot, he looked as explosive as anyone out their on special teams. Aside from his terribly ill timed fumble in the Playoffs.
0 x

dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:39 am

RandallioCobb18 wrote: It was just funny watching the Vikes give up what they did to go get Patterson, and then, in turn, watching all the Vikes fans in the land proclaim themselves division champs.
Because that happened. :roll:
0 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:22 pm

RandallioCobb18 wrote:
What smells like failure in here? Probably just all the Vikes fans trying to delude themselves into believing that their team is going to stop being completely irrelevant.

Vikes fans have been talking #### about how theyre time is coming since the early 90's, dont you get it? Your team sucks, theyl never be anything more then the Packers ####, they couldntt do it in 98, they couldnt do it in 09, they couldnt do it even when they had a potential dynasty in the 70's, the Vikings are nothing, and thats all theyll ever be.
You have issues. I love how you pretend that the Packers are sooooooo much better in our rivalry. Really? The Packers just stomp all over us, huh? They always have?

Total meetings: 105

GB leads: 55-49-1

Postseason results: Tied 1-1

Longest streak of wins: MN with 7 from 75-78

Alright, so you have a FEW more wins than us...but we all know we've had a few rough years. Give it time, and we'll even that up a bit. We all know it always remains fairly close--and I always remember it being a lot closer than it is now. But for you to come on here and run your face about the Vikings being irrelevant and basically that they are the Packers little b****...you are out of your mind. Seriously. Just stop. It makes no sense. We are the Vikings; not the Lions, Sally. Besides, if you TRULY felt that way, I highly doubt you'd waste your time on a Vikings fans message board. If the Vikings are irrelevant...so are their fans, correct? Yeah. A tad bit contradictory there, pal! Just sayin'.... You're far too angry to pretend we don't matter! Nice try, though!

So, you have more Super Bowls...rah rah rah. Congratulations. But don't pretend you are some macho, superior team when it comes to the actual rivalry, though. BARELY!
0 x

Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:22 pm

RandallioCobb18 wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... nnings-who

:point: :point: :point: :point: :point: :point: :point: :point:

EDIT: Sorry if I should have put this in a different forum, It made me laugh and I didnt even think about what forum I should have put this in!

EDIT: Moved to the Smack forum? I figured maybe NFL Talk but this really isnt smack.
Asked about the comparison between Rodgers, Brett Favre and Christian Ponder, Jennings replied, via the St. Paul Pioneer Press, "I'll take Brett. He did it for so long. I got there in a period of time where Brett already was there (as an elite quarterback). Then the guy they have now, he sat behind Brett and he learned so much."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... -jokesters

They are just taking friendly jabs at each other. It is funny. Not nearly as funny as you thought it was. You thought y'all had some big buuuuuuuuuurn on Jennings, the Vikings, and their fans. Again, BARELY!
0 x

RandallioCobb18
Starter

Post by RandallioCobb18 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:03 am

MelanieMFunk wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... -jokesters

They are just taking friendly jabs at each other. It is funny. Not nearly as funny as you thought it was. You thought y'all had some big buuuuuuuuuurn on Jennings, the Vikings, and their fans. Again, BARELY!
I didnt think it was some huge burn, on Jennings as you put it, I just thought it was funny the comments that were going back and forth, I thought Jennings own comments about taking Brett over that "other guy" were even funnier.
0 x

RandallioCobb18
Starter

Post by RandallioCobb18 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:19 am

MelanieMFunk wrote: You have issues. I love how you pretend that the Packers are sooooooo much better in our rivalry. Really? The Packers just stomp all over us, huh? They always have?

Total meetings: 105

GB leads: 55-49-1

Postseason results: Tied 1-1

Longest streak of wins: MN with 7 from 75-78

Alright, so you have a FEW more wins than us...but we all know we've had a few rough years. Give it time, and we'll even that up a bit. We all know it always remains fairly close--and I always remember it being a lot closer than it is now. But for you to come on here and run your face about the Vikings being irrelevant and basically that they are the Packers little b****...you are out of your mind. Seriously. Just stop. It makes no sense. We are the Vikings; not the Lions, Sally. Besides, if you TRULY felt that way, I highly doubt you'd waste your time on a Vikings fans message board. If the Vikings are irrelevant...so are their fans, correct? Yeah. A tad bit contradictory there, pal! Just sayin'.... You're far too angry to pretend we don't matter! Nice try, though!

So, you have more Super Bowls...rah rah rah. Congratulations. But don't pretend you are some macho, superior team when it comes to the actual rivalry, though. BARELY!
Lol, the only angry in this equation is you. Run your face. XD Its funny how you play down our Super Bowls and talk about us 'rah rahing' about that, but you fail to realize that as soon as the Vikings do ANYTHING even remotely successful, their fans jump out of their shadows and proclaim the Vikings to be the lords of the land, you can say what you want about the Lions, their fans dont talk a bunch of disillusioned bullcrap that their team cant back up on the field.

I actually give Vikings fans some credit, they sure know how to talk ####, fail miserably, and get right back up and talk #### again, but it doesnt change the fact that every game you have ever watched of your beloved Vikings has been completely in vein due to their propensity for sucking when it counts.

As to the Vikings, you WANT to be our rivals sooooo bad, you can pretend its a good "rivalry" but it doesnt make it true, the Packers main rival has always been and will always be the Bears, at least they have ONE ring, I mean jeez. The Vikings had a chance to completely ream the Packers in a place that it would hurt for a loooong time, had they not choked away the 2009 NFCCG, oh man, beating us twice with Favre and going and winning the SB? That would have hurt, big time. Go win a SB then we will talk about this whole "rivalry' thing.

My thanks for prying him out of retirement one last year so Aaron could even the score in the head to head series and go off and win the SB.
0 x

NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:14 pm

I sort of wonder if the Vikings won a SB...would Packer fans still troll and talk a ton of crap?
0 x
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.

King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:54 pm

NextQuestion wrote:I sort of wonder if the Vikings won a SB...would Packer fans still troll and talk a ton of crap?
Of course. Then we would have to hear about how they have more championships than us.
0 x

King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:31 am

And dont pretend you guys dont miss Jennings. I remember before/during the season, Packers fan were complaining that Jennings didnt want to be there anymore. I dont know how it all went down but from what I was hearing from one of my buddies, who happens to be a Packer fan :flamed: , that Jennings' sister was running off at the mouth at something about why Jennings was feeling the way he was at the time.

And when I was browsing on the Puker forums and I was seeing threads like, "Why is Jennings unhappy," and "Is Jennings gonna leave." Apparently Jennings was unhappy before the season if got going and if the Packers were smart they would have traded him and atleast to attempt to get something out of it.

And the thing that really put the icing on the cake. Aaron Rodgers usually tweets players who are leaving the team "goodbye." He did everyone except Jennings this time so I know Rodgers feel some type of way about him going to the Vikings.

And you talk about the Vikings "wanting" to be your rival. If that were the case, why do you Packer fans get mad when your players come here. I mean you even took time to make a thread called "Jennings who" so we know you care about him. Just like when Brett came and most fans dont even want him to come back to retire as a Packer because played for the Vikings. lol You Packer fans are something else.
0 x

Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:42 am

RandallioCobb18 wrote: Lol, the only angry in this equation is you. Run your face. XD Its funny how you play down our Super Bowls and talk about us 'rah rahing' about that, but you fail to realize that as soon as the Vikings do ANYTHING even remotely successful, their fans jump out of their shadows and proclaim the Vikings to be the lords of the land, you can say what you want about the Lions, their fans dont talk a bunch of disillusioned bullcrap that their team cant back up on the field.

I actually give Vikings fans some credit, they sure know how to talk ####, fail miserably, and get right back up and talk #### again, but it doesnt change the fact that every game you have ever watched of your beloved Vikings has been completely in vein due to their propensity for sucking when it counts.

As to the Vikings, you WANT to be our rivals sooooo bad, you can pretend its a good "rivalry" but it doesnt make it true, the Packers main rival has always been and will always be the Bears, at least they have ONE ring, I mean jeez. The Vikings had a chance to completely ream the Packers in a place that it would hurt for a loooong time, had they not choked away the 2009 NFCCG, oh man, beating us twice with Favre and going and winning the SB? That would have hurt, big time. Go win a SB then we will talk about this whole "rivalry' thing.

My thanks for prying him out of retirement one last year so Aaron could even the score in the head to head series and go off and win the SB.
Ahhh. Making generalizations about Vikings fans. Interesting how you don't like obnoxious Vikings fans...but you're on a Vikings fan message board doing the exact same thing you seem to be criticizing those obnoxious Vikings fans for. Look up the word "hypocrite" in the dictionary and let me know what it says! ;)
0 x

Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:52 am

JEC334 wrote:
And you talk about the Vikings "wanting" to be your rival. If that were the case, why do you Packer fans get mad when your players come here. I mean you even took time to make a thread called "Jennings who" so we know you care about him. Just like when Brett came and most fans dont even want him to come back to retire as a Packer because played for the Vikings. lol You Packer fans are something else.
Nope. I guess the Vikings and Packers aren't rivals. We can't be because we don't have a Super Bowl win. The Packers have no rivals within the division in MY mind with that logic. Because the Packers are the only team to win a Super Bowl in our division in my lifetime. *shrugs* Oh well. I guess he's right. The Packers are so dominant and groovy. It's just no competition. They win the division every year with no trouble. I bet with Aaron Rodgers they'll win at least another 8 Super Bowls or so. They are so awesome. :roll: I guess the Lions are our main rival. lol. That's news to me! :)
0 x

greenandgold
Veteran

Post by greenandgold » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:14 pm

JEC334 wrote: Of course. Then we would have to hear about how they have more championships than us.
Well, we DO! We have more championships than ANYBODY in the NFL! Including them darned BEARS, who I still hate way more than I hate the Vikings.

Heck, I think I hate Detroit more than the Vikings.
0 x
People think I'm Paranoid because I own so many guns. If I own lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?

King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:15 am

greenandgold wrote: Well, we DO! We have more championships than ANYBODY in the NFL! Including them darned BEARS, who I still hate way more than I hate the Vikings.

Heck, I think I hate Detroit more than the Vikings.
So why aren't you on the Bears or Lions message boards talking smack? But first you need to do more research. The Steelers have the most super bowl rings. Behind them is Dallas, New England, San Francisco, and Denver. THEN there's the Packers tied at four with the G-Men. I thought you would know that but perhaps math isn't the best skill in Wisconsin...lol :lol:

Don't worry though. The Vikings will join the super bowl club very soon.
0 x