Manti T'eo

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Manti T'eo

Post by Mothman »

saint33 wrote:
They also signed two starting linebackers though too. They've opened themselves up to do a number of different things tonight
Exactly. They gave themselves genuine flexibility in this draft.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Hey Te'o fans. Hopefully he lasts until the 4th round for ya! :D I could tolerate that.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

he shouldnt of had an imaginary girlfriend.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

hibbingviking wrote:he shouldnt of had an imaginary girlfriend.
We were joking that the pick was "fake" and we were being "catfished" because it took them 20 minutes to announce it. lol. We were getting worried. :D Te'o wouldn't have been a popular choice at the Dome tonight. That's for sure.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

teo was slow in college. he will be extra slow in the nfl. wont be able to use him in pass coverage at all.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:I don't want Te'bow at 23 or 25, if they trade up for him. :wallbang:

Go Bears! Draft Te'o!
never seen so much love for a chubby, slow mlb with issues. :confused:
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

I never wanted Te'o, but I wish him the best--with his football career and his girlfriend/boyfriend out there in Cali. :thumbsup: Perfect landing spot for Mr. Te'o--close to his love. I'm a sucker for happy endings. lol.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

I'm rooting for the kid. He should have a long and successful career in the NFL.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Usually I appreciate that which Kiper has to say. However, I lost a little respect for him after he said he dropped the Vikings grade just because they didn't draft Manti Te'o. I guarantee that Manti will be a good, but not impactful player in the NFL.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
jeg067
Starter

Post by jeg067 »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Usually I appreciate that which Kiper has to say. However, I lost a little respect for him after he said he dropped the Vikings grade just because they didn't draft Manti Te'o. I guarantee that Manti will be a good, but not impactful player in the NFL.
Just to know, did he dropped other teams that needed an ILB (Ravens, Bills, Bears, Texans...)
grade because they didn't draft Manti Te'o ?
The natural state of the football fan is bitter disappointment. - N.H.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:He's a Notre Dame fan he's just butthurt. It's asinine to grade a draft based on who they didn't draft instead who they did. It's not like they passed on Te'o for a RB.

Whether a Te'o fan or detractor you can admit the Vikings made the right 3 picks. All 3 players they got were rated higher than Te'o was by basically eveyone except Kiper. Drafting solely on need is how you screw up the team. The Vikings drafted 3 players valued higher by them and mostly everyone else.

How do you pass up on Floyd or Rhodes? Both were consnsus Top 15 picks that slid a little, and both were at positions of need. Same goes for Patterson, plus CP was valued by the Vikings far and above every other WR left on their board, which is why they traded up.
te'o will probably be o.k. at the nfl level. he isn't first round talent imo. doesn't shed blockers well, pass coverage wont be very good at this level.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

jeg067 wrote: Just to know, did he dropped other teams that needed an ILB (Ravens, Bills, Bears, Texans...)
grade because they didn't draft Manti Te'o ?
No, I don't think so. I am fairly sure it was just us because we have the most 'glaring' need at middle linebacker in the NFL.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: No, I don't think so. I am fairly sure it was just us because we have the most 'glaring' need at middle linebacker in the NFL.
Most likely he dropped our grade because by not picking Te'o we "ruined" his mock draft. He's pouting. That onion article couldn't have been more accurate!
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

I'm just glad we didn't get this weirdo or the honey badger. Te'o is probably a nice kid but he will get ridiculed not stop if he doesn't live up to expectations. I don't see a pro bowl skillset.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

hibbingviking wrote:I'm just glad we didn't get this weirdo or the honey badger. Te'o is probably a nice kid but he will get ridiculed not stop if he doesn't live up to expectations. I don't see a pro bowl skillset.
Why do u keep resurrecting old posts like this?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018