Was this awesome or what

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

big deli Vike
Backup

Was this awesome or what

Post by big deli Vike »

Seeing us take potetiallytop rated D linemen in Floyd, Rhodes (really the number 2 cb IMO) and patterson was pretty amazing. mean it stinks we dont draft now till round 4 but still, spielman wasnt messing around. maybe trade cook or gerhart for picks could help and get bostic?
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Re: Was this awesome or what

Post by hibbingviking »

big deli Vike wrote:Seeing us take potetiallytop rated D linemen in Floyd, Rhodes (really the number 2 cb IMO) and patterson was pretty amazing. mean it stinks we dont draft now till round 4 but still, spielman wasnt messing around. maybe trade cook or gerhart for picks could help and get bostic?
maybe we will also get Tyrann Mathieu this weekend ? :thumbsup:
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

mrc44 wrote:I honestly do not rule out trading into the 2nd for a linebacker. We have that 3rd from Seattle next year, plus our 4th and grab Arthur Brown ? Or just trade up in the 4th to grab kiko Alonso from Oregon. That kid is pretty solid and he is big.
You want to trade some of next year's draft picks to move into the second round?? Is this the year for the Vikings' latest Super Bowl "run"?
Pepper2Moss
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Pepper2Moss »

mrc44 wrote:I honestly do not rule out trading into the 2nd for a linebacker. We have that 3rd from Seattle next year, plus our 4th and grab Arthur Brown ? Or just trade up in the 4th to grab kiko Alonso from Oregon. That kid is pretty solid and he is big.
This. Would absolutely love them to grab Arthur Brown if they can get him for a reasonable value. I'm not sure exactly where he could come off the board.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I'm not a fan of trading future year picks. If you screw up your draft this year, you basically reset and start with all your picks (plus Seattle's 3rd) and likely draft at a higher position. The Vikings were plenty aggressive this year already, I don't see the need to continue that with another bold trade up. If I'm the Vikings, I'm on the phone with Dansby or Barnett's agent right now. Maybe Urlacher.
big deli Vike
Backup

Post by big deli Vike »

i agree. sign a guy like dansby for a bit and we can draft CJ Mosley or a guy like that next year.
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

Another veteran LB that we could consider targeting (along with Dansby or Urlacher, don't really like Barnett at this point in his career) is Daryl Smith. He could slide in at any LB spot and start for us.

Unfortunately the LB board was pillaged in the 2nd round as I suspected it to be (although Bostic and Alonso were somewhat surprising that high). Right now we're looking probably better to kick Erin inside and take a guy like Khaseem Greene or Chase Thomas if either falls to us, or wait a round or two to take a developmental guy like Nico Johnson, Jelani Jenkins, Michael Mauti or Kevin Reddick
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

saint33 wrote:Another veteran LB that we could consider targeting (along with Dansby or Urlacher, don't really like Barnett at this point in his career) is Daryl Smith. He could slide in at any LB spot and start for us.
One name not mentioned is Paris Lenon. Very solid LB who was a strong veteran presence on an underrated Cardinals defense. Consider it a swap of LB's if you will.