WR drop % chart

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

CaptainKirov
Starter

WR drop % chart

Post by CaptainKirov »

https://twitter.com/JPSTATS/status/3174 ... 69/photo/1

Aaron Dobson ranks in with a 0.0
Cordarrelle Patterson, whom many say has drop problems registered 8th with 4.7

Quinten Patton has an impressive .9

Thoughts?

Read more: http://thevikingnation.proboards.com/in ... z2R9WgxFPt
In victory,magnanimity; In defeat, defiance! - Fredrick The Great

CaptainKirov
Starter

Re: WR drop % chart

Post by CaptainKirov »

CaptainKirov
Starter

Post by CaptainKirov »

mrc44 wrote:
lol...did you not just watch the video?? he drops the ball..its not like the video is fake
Not saying its fake. Marshall plays UAB every year, could have been from last year, all im saying. Its freaking youtube. Id trust the sites i posted better than youtube.

losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

I believe I might be in the minority about this but I see drops as being far less important in college ball than overall production. If the drops are a technique issue, the pro coaches will take care of it. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying drops don't matter. But a WR that can make big plays on the ball, move the chains, and put points on the board means a lot to me even if he occasionally drops a pass. Just my two cents.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

The one big that absolutely drives me crazy with Patterson is how rare it is that you see him catch with his hands. He's ALWAYS letting the ball be absorbed by his belly or bicep.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

CaptainKirov wrote: Not saying its fake. Marshall plays UAB every year, could have been from last year, all im saying. Its freaking youtube. Id trust the sites i posted better than youtube.
They're from last year. I checked the box scores vs. the scores in the video and they match up).

I wouldn't trust Rotoworld, SBNation or Bleacher Report too much. Rotoworld is a fantasy football site. They repeat a lot of news (with attributions) and probably get most of it right but they add in some of their own comments and it's not always clear where the news ends and their take begins. I find they're best as a source to send me to other sources, where I can get more detailed information directly from an original report by a beat writer.

Bleacher Report and SBNation basically provide fan or semi-pro coverage. Some of it's quite good but there are definitely more reliable sources.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PacificNorseWest wrote:The one big that absolutely drives me crazy with Patterson is how rare it is that you see him catch with his hands. He's ALWAYS letting the ball be absorbed by his belly or bicep.
He seems to be more athlete than wide receiver at this point but hey, if he's a good enough athlete, he may be able to make plenty of plays while improving his skills.

He reminds me a lot of Devin Hester.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

PacificNorseWest wrote:The one big that absolutely drives me crazy with Patterson is how rare it is that you see him catch with his hands. He's ALWAYS letting the ball be absorbed by his belly or bicep.

I agree. Well...except for when he catches with his hands.

But it doesn't matter. All the guy did was come from a junior college, get dropped into the SEC and become a big name inside one season. Big wow. Anybody could do that.
CaptainKirov
Starter

Post by CaptainKirov »

losperros wrote:
I agree. Well...except for when he catches with his hands.

But it doesn't matter. All the guy did was come from a junior college, get dropped into the SEC and become a big name inside one season. Big wow. Anybody could do that.

Not sure if you're complimenting him or not

losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

CaptainKirov wrote:
Not sure if you're complimenting him or not
I'm complimenting him but using some sarcasm. I watched Patterson a lot last season and consider him to be an offensive force. Seriously put, what stood out for me was that this kid came from JUCO and within one season became a big time threat within the SEC, arguably the toughest conference in the nation. Some may not be impressed by that accomplishment. I am. YMMV