Draft in April

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Eli
Hall of Famer

Re: Draft in April

Post by Eli »

mondry wrote:Love that he always looks to be in position to make a play on the ball, ...
"Always" in his highlight real. Go figure.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

mrc44 wrote: Well then to look at game videos where it shows mistakes too.
So if we were to watch video of his every play, we'd see him make some mistakes? No kidding?
He is Mayocks #1 wr... He is a playmaking corner. What's not to like? Cornflakes taste funny again?
He looks he may be good, but coming to a definitive conclusion from a four minute highlight real is a little tough.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

mrc44 wrote:I totally agree that's why I think you should watch Houston game videos, not highlight reels.
Yeah, highlight reels are nice but ya really gotta watch the film.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Thursday night that the Minnesota Vikings are looking to trade up in the first round. They have the ammunition with the No. 23 and No. 25 picks. Mr. RapSheet believes the Vikings would be targeting a wide receiver, likely Tavon Austin or Cordarrelle Patterson.

The San Diego Chargers could be a potential trade fit; they want to move down from the No. 11 slot if they can't get the tackle they want. (That could be difficult.)

If the Vikings were to trade up, Rapoport believes they would attempt to do so while likely still holding on to their No. 25 overall pick.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... irst-round

Yesss receiver talk! :)
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Thursday night that the Minnesota Vikings are looking to trade up in the first round.
Oh no........... :shock:

Right on the heels of Mike Mayock saying today that he'd be just as happy with the #24 pick as the #10 pick. :wallbang:
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Eli wrote: Oh no........... :shock:

Right on the heels of Mike Mayock saying today that he'd be just as happy with the #24 pick as the #10 pick. :wallbang:
Yeah. I'm not too thrilled about moving up. I'm not sure we need to. Besides, I don't want to give up a ton. I'm just excited we are targeting a receiver in the first round. I just think we can get a good one without moving. We'll see, but it's making draft day that much more exciting! :)
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

I'd rather they get the guy they want than sit around and rely on the draft playing out. If there's a run on WRs and they miss out on their top 3-4 guys and end up Pondering the pick it'll be worse then moving a couple and going up to Harrison a pick.

And if the #10 pick is as good as the #24 (lol!) then it should be fairly cheap to move up.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

MelanieMFunk wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... irst-round

Yesss receiver talk! :)
I'd have a hard time believing this. I just don't think it'd be in their best interest at all. For the next Randy Moss or Calvin Johnson? Perhaps. Not for Tavon Austin or Peterson. I'd believe they'd be trading up if they covet someone like Warmack, Cooper, Milliner, Lotulelei, Floyd, Richardson. But even then it would shock me. Given the holes on this team you'd think he'd be coveting picks, not trading them away. I'd still bet more on trading down than trading up. I also think going from 23 to 11 would take too much ammo. But the thought of Warmack next to Loadholt is certainly an interesting one from a running game perspective. Some have him graded as the top player in the draft. Still, trading a first-rounder to get a guard seems unprecedented and very un-Spielmanlike.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Demi wrote:I'd rather they get the guy they want than sit around and rely on the draft playing out. If there's a run on WRs and they miss out on their top 3-4 guys and end up Pondering the pick it'll be worse then moving a couple and going up to Harrison a pick.

And if the #10 pick is as good as the #24 (lol!) then it should be fairly cheap to move up.
I agree, for the most part. I've said all along I want us to get a receiver, and waiting until late into the second isn't ideal. However, I think we can get the third best receiver without moving. And maybe not even the "third best" in their minds. I'm all for moving up and being aggressive; I'd just rather not go crazy and give up an arm and a leg. I'd rather stay put in the first and move up in the second. Moving up in the second for defense though, because I want my receiver in the first. :) With a few teams after us in the first round interested in receivers--and who knows about early to mid second--nope, don't wanna wait. In order to stand a chance this year, we need to discover a passing game. We need help. :)
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Demi wrote:I'd rather they get the guy they want than sit around and rely on the draft playing out. If there's a run on WRs and they miss out on their top 3-4 guys and end up Pondering the pick it'll be worse then moving a couple and going up to Harrison a pick.

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

dead_poet wrote: I'd have a hard time believing this. I just don't think it'd be in their best interest at all. For the next Randy Moss or Calvin Johnson? Perhaps. Not for Tavon Austin or Peterson. I'd believe they'd be trading up if they covet someone like Warmack, Cooper, Milliner, Lotulelei, Floyd, Richardson. But even then it would shock me. Given the holes on this team you'd think he'd be coveting picks, not trading them away. I'd still bet more on trading down than trading up. I also think going from 23 to 11 would take too much ammo. But the thought of Warmack next to Loadholt is certainly an interesting one from a running game perspective. Some have him graded as the top player in the draft. Still, trading a first-rounder to get a guard seems unprecedented and very un-Spielmanlike.
Exactly. None of the WRs are worth trading up for. There are no real standout stars, like in some drafts.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

I know you are still upset that Minnesota moved up for Harrison, but we could have missed out on him completely. We did not give up that much to get Harrison Smith anyway. In the end, Harrison Smith turned out to be exactly what we needed and then some!
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: I know you are still upset that Minnesota moved up for Harrison, but we could have missed out on him completely. We did not give up that much to get Harrison Smith anyway. In the end, Harrison Smith turned out to be exactly what we needed and then some!
What? I liked the Harrison pick. And had zero problem with them moving up to get him.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Demi wrote: What? I liked the Harrison pick. And had zero problem with them moving up to get him.
:oops:

####, my bad Demi. I thought... Never mind. Didn't mean to blatantly accuse you of anything.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

this is a good draft. other than qb's this is a deep draft for wr's, safties, lb's. Vikings should can some very good draft picks. haven't been so excited since Adrian Peterson was drafted. :popcorn: