First-Round Failures: 2008 – 2012

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

First-Round Failures: 2008 – 2012

Post by dead_poet »

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
mondry
Hall of Famer

Re: First-Round Failures: 2008 – 2012

Post by mondry »

Yeah, well we've typically done pretty well with our first rounders. Actually I'd have to look but I'm feeling like we've gotten a quality starter out of all of our first rounders in that time frame. It's the other rounds that haven't been so kind.
Rus
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Rus »

Yup, the Vikings have been pretty solid in the first round, fortunately. Even though it's the lowest risk pool of players, problems happen as often as not.

I think they'll do a good job this year in the 2nd and 3rd...this much depth at positions of need would be tough for anyone to botch up.
-Rus
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Rus wrote:Yup, the Vikings have been pretty solid in the first round, fortunately. Even though it's the lowest risk pool of players, problems happen as often as not.

I think they'll do a good job this year in the 2nd and 3rd...this much depth at positions of need would be tough for anyone to botch up.
I tend to agree. The first round will show what Spielman thinks we need most. Id would bet money LB and CB, even if both are reaches. After that its BPA for any position, even the ones they filled in Rd1.