MLB prospects

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Re: MLB prospects

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

CaptainKirov wrote: Terrible comparison.

Patterson has never been arrested or suspended, nor has he ever failed a drug test. His work ethic has never been questioned nor has his passion.

As far as his character concerns they are minor as compared to Ogletrees
Lol. That is why Mondry said Olgetree is like Cordarrelle Patterson except that OLGETREE has character concerns and work ethic/passion problems.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: Lol. That is why Mondry said Olgetree is like Cordarrelle Patterson except that OLGETREE has character concerns and work ethic/passion problems.
:point: yep! Believe it or not I'm actually defending Patterson in that quote.
CaptainKirov
Starter

Post by CaptainKirov »

mondry wrote:
Never said i was smart :wallbang: :lol:

But i still dont like it as a comparison. Ogletree would be an elite coverage backer. His downfall is character and run support. Patterson is a swiss army knife that needs refinement in the finer points of the WR game.
In victory,magnanimity; In defeat, defiance! - Fredrick The Great

mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

CaptainKirov wrote:
But i still dont like it as a comparison. Ogletree would be an elite coverage backer. His downfall is character and run support. Patterson is a swiss army knife that needs refinement in the finer points of the WR game.
hehe, fair enough, all I meant is that they both look really physically gifted but seem to still have a bit of work to do to reach their maximum potential. With Ogeltree he also needs to overcome some character concerns.
CaptainKirov
Starter

Post by CaptainKirov »

mondry wrote: hehe, fair enough, all I meant is that they both look really physically gifted but seem to still have a bit of work to do to reach their maximum potential. With Ogeltree he also needs to overcome some character concerns.
By some character concerns you mean alot right?
In victory,magnanimity; In defeat, defiance! - Fredrick The Great

losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

CaptainKirov wrote: By some character concerns you mean alot right?
Basically, that's what it really comes down to. I've seen a lot of Ogletree and I'm not remotely worried about his skills, even when it comes to being a better run stopper. The guy is an amazing athlete that is capable of making big plays. I really don't think his abilities and especially his potential can be questioned. Not in that way.

That said, his bad behavior is puzzling. Yes, there are other players that have done worse things but Ogletree's weirdness is beyond strident, rearing its ugly head at the most ridiculous times and causing him to look completely cavalier about his career. One gets the feeling that if Ogletree was given the choice to play football on a Sunday or spend the weekend scratching his initials on the wall of a holding cell, he just might choose the latter.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

CaptainKirov wrote:
By some character concerns you mean alot right?
If you wanted to order his character concerns you'd have to go to sams club cause it only comes in bulk.