New 3 round mock

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

CaptainKirov
Starter

New 3 round mock

Post by CaptainKirov »

Round 1, Pick 23. Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame - the instinctive and stout run defender will ultimately prove to be a quality inside linebacker whose consistency and leadership help push the Vikings towards success. Singletary already said it, they want a guy that can step in and be the leader of the defense.

Round 1, Pick 25. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson - Hopkins isn't the biggest or fastest, but he's able to manipulate his routes to create separation and is a reliable pass catcher with the body control, focus and competitive nature to finish that a team wants in a #1 WR.

Round 2, Pick 52. John Jenkins, DT, Georgia - Jenkins' mass and strength are the most obvious of his impressive physical characteristics, but surprisingly light feet and willingness to fight through blocks to provide some interior pass rush. Jenkins can finally fill the hole left by Pat Williams 3 years ago. He and Kevin Williams(Providing he stays) will make a great pair for a few years till its time to replace Kevin.

Round 3, Pick 83. Tyraan Mathiau, CB, LSU - I think this says it best. Compares To: Antoine Winfield, CB, Minnesota Vikings -- Like the 5-09, 180 pound Winfield, Mathieu has Pro Bowl potential due to his tenacity, instincts and physicality. --Rob Rang, CBSsports

*TRADE!!!!!!* Just for fun im throwing in this trade idea. I believe i had it in my 7 rounder last week.

Vikings send their 4th rounder pick 99 and their first two 7ths to houston for their 3rd rounder pick 89.

Round 3, Pick 89. Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall - Possessing impressive height, good overall athleticism and the ability to make the tough reception in traffic, Dobson could emerge as a starting caliber split end despite less than ideal straight-line speed.
In victory,magnanimity; In defeat, defiance! - Fredrick The Great

losperros
Commissioner

Re: New 3 round mock

Post by losperros »

Nice wish list! I love the two WR picks.

Personally, I do hope the Vikings take two WRs in the upcoming draft.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

CaptainKirov wrote:Round 1, Pick 23. Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame - the instinctive and stout run defender will ultimately prove to be a quality inside linebacker whose consistency and leadership help push the Vikings towards success. Singletary already said it, they want a guy that can step in and be the leader of the defense.

Round 1, Pick 25. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson - Hopkins isn't the biggest or fastest, but he's able to manipulate his routes to create separation and is a reliable pass catcher with the body control, focus and competitive nature to finish that a team wants in a #1 WR.

Round 2, Pick 52. John Jenkins, DT, Georgia - Jenkins' mass and strength are the most obvious of his impressive physical characteristics, but surprisingly light feet and willingness to fight through blocks to provide some interior pass rush. Jenkins can finally fill the hole left by Pat Williams 3 years ago. He and Kevin Williams(Providing he stays) will make a great pair for a few years till its time to replace Kevin.

Round 3, Pick 83. Tyraan Mathiau, CB, LSU - I think this says it best. Compares To: Antoine Winfield, CB, Minnesota Vikings -- Like the 5-09, 180 pound Winfield, Mathieu has Pro Bowl potential due to his tenacity, instincts and physicality. --Rob Rang, CBSsports

*TRADE!!!!!!* Just for fun im throwing in this trade idea. I believe i had it in my 7 rounder last week.

Vikings send their 4th rounder pick 99 and their first two 7ths to houston for their 3rd rounder pick 89.

Round 3, Pick 89. Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall - Possessing impressive height, good overall athleticism and the ability to make the tough reception in traffic, Dobson could emerge as a starting caliber split end despite less than ideal straight-line speed.
I'd be very happy with that draft, trade and result. :)
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Some real rolls of the dice in that lineup. If they worked out, it would be an incredible draft.

Houston already has 9 picks in the draft. I can't see them trading down to pick up a couple of 7th rounders. Maybe some team that is obviously in rebuilding mode or is deficient in picks.
CaptainKirov
Starter

Post by CaptainKirov »

Eli wrote:Some real rolls of the dice in that lineup. If they worked out, it would be an incredible draft.

Houston already has 9 picks in the draft. I can't see them trading down to pick up a couple of 7th rounders. Maybe some team that is obviously in rebuilding mode or is deficient in picks.
Aside from Mathiau who do you see as a "Roll of the dice"

CaptainKirov
Starter

Post by CaptainKirov »

losperros wrote:Nice wish list! I love the two WR picks.

Personally, I do hope the Vikings take two WRs in the upcoming draft.

3 WRs wouldnt surprise me honestly. The depth chart is depleted. With 3 rookies they can cut Stephen Burton too

big deli Vike
Backup

Post by big deli Vike »

exactly. Three is perfect. Burton can be practivce squad
CaptainKirov
Starter

Post by CaptainKirov »

big deli Vike wrote:exactly. Three is perfect. Burton can be practivce squad
I like the PC kid they have already. like 6'5 225. or something like that

losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

CaptainKirov wrote:
3 WRs wouldnt surprise me honestly. The depth chart is depleted. With 3 rookies they can cut Stephen Burton too
You might be right but I'm not sure what would surprise me at this point. Heck, the Vikings picking 2 CBs wouldn't shock me either. Not now, anyway.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Don't think we can afford to go 2 wr's anymore, need way more help at LB, CB, DT now, it's just too many holes to fill.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Well I suggest we fill them all because that's what the draft is for? Amiright? We lost Winfield (who was already gone) so by golly we HAVE to draft a corner now! That's how you build teams! Amiright?
CaptainKirov
Starter

Post by CaptainKirov »

If they decide they need to draft two defensive players with their first two picks i could see it going one of a few ways.

1. Manti Te'o
1. Sylvester Williams
2. Justin Hunter/Da'Rick Rogers/Aaron Dobson/Markus Wheaton

or

1. Sylvester Williams
1. Jamar Taylor

or

1. Manti Te'o
1. Jamar Taylor

mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Demi wrote:Well I suggest we fill them all because that's what the draft is for? Amiright? We lost Winfield (who was already gone) so by golly we HAVE to draft a corner now! That's how you build teams! Amiright?
Exactly, well said, hopefully we can replace anyone else on the wrong side of 30, and by wrong side I mean 33 and above! It is a little harder said than done though, I'm just finally happy to see it being done right. I don't see any 6-10 type seasons on our horizon! I'm just wondering which Corner we'll get, haven't really looked into them all that much.