How many of you have come over from other boards?

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: How many of you have come over from other boards?

Post by Funkytown »

Also James, you probably totally jinxed me! I bet Lethal will come find me and make my life miserable again--or at least try. lol.
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Jeffbleedspurple wrote: Lethal, rudytudy, I think you're talking about the same person. Yea! there is a few names I hope don't find way here.
I dont think Lethal and RudyTudy were the same people. Rudytudy was a good poster at times but if you didn't agree with him he would verbally insult you for no reason. Plus he was so quick to give up on the team and make bold predictions and got proved wrong badly. He often made arguments without any evidence to back him up. He was vert biased too.

Lethal, well there is no arguing with this guy. Be prepared for a lot of reading. No matter if you're winning or losing an argument against this guy he will have a stat sheet for every reply. I bet you the guy can gather the number of times he had to use stats to win and argument on the message board. lol
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

But I dont think any member was worse than Plainsman aka the guy who accused me and everyone else of being racist.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Yeah. They weren't the same people. Not even close.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

JEC334 wrote:But I dont think any member was worse than Plainsman aka the guy who accused me and everyone else of being racist.
Yeah. He was intelligent, but he definitely had some racial stuff going on. I don't get it. Ain't nobody got time for that.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

MelanieMFunk wrote:Ain't nobody got time for that.
Especially me ;)
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

I see we have moderators on this board unlike the previous board so Ill have to choose my words more carefully on here.
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

But out of all the avi's you chose a T-Jack one? lol I can see if it was Duante Culpepper or Warren Moon, but T-Jack????? lol
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

JEC334 wrote:But out of all the avi's you chose a T-Jack one? lol I can see if it was Duante Culpepper or Warren Moon, but T-Jack????? lol
LOL. Would you expect anything different? Come on now. Out of the ones displayed on the site, I knew Jackson said "Melanie." lol. Besides, I wanted it to be unique--I don't see many other people displaying Jackson. :)
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

MelanieMFunk wrote:I don't see many other people displaying Jackson. :)
...is...he...still a Viking? Were you a pretty big fan of his?

Maybe I should change my avatar to Chris Hovan. :o
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

dead_poet wrote: ...is...he...still a Viking? Were you a pretty big fan of his?

Maybe I should change my avatar to Chris Hovan. :o
Not still a Viking. Not everyone's avatars are current Vikings players--in case you haven't noticed. Mine makes more sense than some. :) Just sayin'.

And yeah, I like Jackson. He's my boy.

Hovan was cool. I liked how much he hated Favre. Good times.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

MelanieMFunk wrote: Not still a Viking. Not everyone's avatars are current Vikings players--in case you haven't noticed. Mine makes more sense than some. :) Just sayin'.

And yeah, I like Jackson. He's my boy.

Hovan was cool. I liked how much he hated Favre. Good times.
No problem. It's interesting when fans put guys like Berrian or Tarvaris (let's just say not the most popular ones) as their avatars. A little difference from Tarvaris Jackson and Jim Marshall or Joe Kapp though. 8) Just giving you a hard time. I was a T-Jack supporter for longer than most. But I eventually soured after repeated disappointments. I could only take so much. It's admirable you're still a fan, though. He must've done something to win you over.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Well atleast your avi is of a Vikings member unlike mine.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

dead_poet wrote: No problem. It's interesting when fans put guys like Berrian or Tarvaris (let's just say not the most popular ones) as their avatars. A little difference from Tarvaris Jackson and Jim Marshall or Joe Kapp though. 8) Just giving you a hard time. I was a T-Jack supporter for longer than most. But I eventually soured after repeated disappointments. I could only take so much. It's admirable you're still a fan, though. He must've done something to win you over.
Giving me a hard time? I can take it! :)

Repeated disappointments? Like what?

It's not so much what Jackson did that made me a fan. It was all of the hours I put into defending the man--and the fact that he was a Viking. lol. I would be a fool to give up on him now. But more than that, I feel like the fans were too hard on him. I don't think he's half as bad as people try to pretend. People love to hate Tarvaris Jackson--all while not being intelligient enough to spell his freakin' name right. lol. It got annoying real quick.

More than that though, 99% of the time I support everything Vikings. I'm not one to sit around and bash everyone and their dog. I'd rather bash other cry-baby fans than turn on my purple! :D So, that's what I did. It was me and like one other person on WeAreVikingsFans.com defending Jackson. It was us against the world it seemed. lol :) I'll never turn my back on him.

The fans treated him like garbage--and he still wanted to play for the Vikings and be in Minnesota. If I was him I would have WANTED to leave, but he didn't. Then you have guys like Harvin who everyone loves--and he can't wait to get outta Minnesota. At least Jackson wanted to be a Viking. He earned my respect. Plus, for a quarterback, he's buff. lol
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

JEC334 wrote:Well atleast your avi is of a Vikings member unlike mine.
LOL. Exactly! I was like, "What is James talking about? He's giving me a hard time about my avatar when his is a woman?" lol. Nice!

Who is that now? She looks like a woman on this TV show called "Deception" that I watch.