MLB prospects

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Eli
Hall of Famer

Re: MLB prospects

Post by Eli »

If you've only seen 30 player touted as top 15 prospects, then you haven't been reading much draft coverage. And I'm sure that the number of first round prospects mentioned since the last college bowl game is now well over 100. If there were little difference in opinion then we wouldn't see, year in and year out, top 15 draft picks being total busts and Pro Bowl players being picked in the 4th round.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Eli wrote:If you've only seen 30 player touted as top 15 prospects, then you haven't been reading much draft coverage.
LOL! Admittedly, 30 was probably a conservative estimate.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Here's a link to a brief video of Todd McShay talking about Alec Ogletree (with a few highlight plays):

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_ ... c-ogletree
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Mothman wrote:Here's a link to a brief video of Todd McShay talking about Alec Ogletree (with a few highlight plays):

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_ ... c-ogletree

Thanks for this, Jim. As I've said before, I've watched Ogletree play a lot of football and the guy absolutely amazed me with his overall skills. I'll go along with Todd McShay in saying Ogletree is one of the most talented players in the upcoming draft.

Yeah, I know, Big Alec is a Veg-Head. But if he can get past his handcuff fetish and fascination for holding cells, he'll become a major force for some NFL team. Maybe the Vikings. Ogletree might be a whacko but he's a 3-down MLB that can really play ball whacko.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

losperros wrote:Yeah, I know, Big Alec is a Veg-Head. But if he can get past his handcuff fetish and fascination for holding cells, he'll become a major force for some NFL team.
:rofl:
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Ogletree shouldn't have robbed that liquor store or shot that cop if he wanted to play in the NFL.

Now, if he'd only been arrested for a DUI, he'd have something in common with a significant percentage of players in the league.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Eli wrote:Ogletree shouldn't have robbed that liquor store or shot that cop if he wanted to play in the NFL.

Now, if he'd only been arrested for a DUI, he'd have something in common with a significant percentage of players in the league.
Don't forget the nuclear secrets that Ogletree sold to terrorists. :thumbsup:
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Eli wrote:Ogletree shouldn't have robbed that liquor store or shot that cop if he wanted to play in the NFL.

Two arrests before he ever made it out of college. Regardless of what they were for, that is in common with how many other players in the draft? I'm sure a significant percentage. :roll:
MrPurplenGold
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by MrPurplenGold »

losperros wrote:
Thanks for this, Jim. As I've said before, I've watched Ogletree play a lot of football and the guy absolutely amazed me with his overall skills. I'll go along with Todd McShay in saying Ogletree is one of the most talented players in the upcoming draft.

Yeah, I know, Big Alec is a Veg-Head. But if he can get past his handcuff fetish and fascination for holding cells, he'll become a major force for some NFL team. Maybe the Vikings. Ogletree might be a whacko but he's a 3-down MLB that can really play ball whacko.

He's never played an entire college football season, who even knows if he can play an entire NFL season.
big deli Vike
Backup

Post by big deli Vike »

Jon Bostic anyone? i mean in a later round
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Viki ... _Teo040413
Leslie Frazier strongly suggested last month he expects the Minnesota Vikings to find their new middle linebacker in the NFL Draft.

If they want to do it with one of their two late first-round picks, the two logical choices both were inside Winter Park this week.

Alec Ogletree and Manti Te'o attended the Vikings' annual "Top 30" event on Tuesday and Wednesday at Winter Park.
It is believed at least one other inside linebacker, Florida State's Vince Williams, was at the "Top 30" event, during which the Vikings use most of their allotted visits to the team's facility each year.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Veteran scout Bruce Kebric's take on some of the MLB and OLB candidates in this draft:

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_22 ... t-teo-from
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Mothman wrote:Veteran scout Bruce Kebric's take on some of the MLB and OLB candidates in this draft:

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_22 ... t-teo-from

That was a solid read. I was thrown off by the descriptions of each player's body type though: I didn't need to know that Te'o had a "Bubble Butt" or that Arthur Brown has a "Good Butt". :D
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote:
That was a solid read. I was thrown off by the descriptions of each player's body type though: I didn't need to know that Te'o had a "Bubble Butt" or that Arthur Brown has a "Good Butt". :D

:lol: You don't consider that information of crucial importance when evaluating a linebacker?

That threw me a little too...
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Mothman wrote:
:lol: You don't consider that information of crucial importance when evaluating a linebacker?

That threw me a little too...
:P
Yeah, I nearly spit my coffee onto my computer screen from laughing. "Bubble Butt"? Are you kidding me?

He says that Mingo only has an "adequate butt" so we should probably move him down our board I guess.