IMO Ideal Mock Draft, first 4 Rounds

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Yurahomer
Waterboy

IMO Ideal Mock Draft, first 4 Rounds

Post by Yurahomer »

This is based on our NEEDS and also who i think will most likely be around at each pick

Round #1 Pick 23 - Desmond Trufant CB
Round #1 Pick 25 - Arthur Brown MLB
Round #2 - Aaron Dobson WR
Round #3 - Brandon Williams DT
Round #4 - Tj McDonald S
Round #4 - Cobi Hamilton WR
big deli Vike
Backup

Re: IMO Ideal Mock Draft, first 4 Rounds

Post by big deli Vike »

Pretty nice first 3 picks. Last three are fine too, just could always interchange a few different guys and never know who drops. Robert WOods would be nice
Last edited by big deli Vike on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainKirov
Starter

Post by CaptainKirov »

Hey Homer! good to see someone else from MVN. justinleclair here

Love the picks. Highly doubt Brandon Williams makes it past SF in round 2. They need a new NT and he fits the profile of their need.
In victory,magnanimity; In defeat, defiance! - Fredrick The Great

big deli Vike
Backup

Post by big deli Vike »

If we need a nose tackle, what do you think about Jesse Willaims, bama?
Yurahomer
Waterboy

Post by Yurahomer »

CaptainKirov wrote:Hey Homer! good to see someone else from MVN. justinleclair here

Love the picks. Highly doubt Brandon Williams makes it past SF in round 2. They need a new NT and he fits the profile of their need.
Yeah that forum is like dead now ... this one on the other hand seems pretty lively. You're right though about Brandon Williams he is the one pick i put down that i am not very confident will be there. I am sure there will be a quality DT available when we pick in the third round since the depth in the draft at that position is very good.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Yurahomer wrote:This is based on our NEEDS and also who i think will most likely be around at each pick

Round #1 Pick 23 - Desmond Trufant CB
Round #1 Pick 25 - Arthur Brown MLB
Round #2 - Aaron Dobson WR
Round #3 - Brandon Williams DT
Round #4 - Tj McDonald S
Round #4 - Cobi Hamilton WR

Not bad. I wouldn't complain about any of those picks.

Nice to see that you appreciate WR Aaron Dobson.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

losperros wrote:
Not bad. I wouldn't complain about any of those picks.

Nice to see that you appreciate WR Aaron Dobson.
I like this approach. The thing about this draft is that the WRs that can be had in rounds 2-4 are just as likely to become excellent pros as those that are projected to go in round 1. So I like that your mock has us addressing defensive holes in the 1st.

I hope they pick 3, to be honest. We have holes to fill at the position and with the depth available, as well as the lack of clearcut elite talent, a "shotgun" approach makes more sense. I would be happier with Woods, Hamilton and Boyce, for example, than just Keenan Allen or just Hopkins.

I like that we have 2 4th round picks; that's right about where some of these "sleepers" should go.