A Little Risk

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

A Little Risk

Post by Cliff »

I'm starting Ponder this week Vs. TB rather than Cam Newton @Chi.

Anybody else going against conventional wisdom this week?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: A Little Risk

Post by dead_poet »

Cliff wrote:I'm starting Ponder this week Vs. TB rather than Cam Newton @Chi.

Anybody else going against conventional wisdom this week?
Good luck. You're a brave man after Ponder's last stinker. I'm sort of in the same boat. I have the option of Luck or Newton and am going Newton. Just considerably more upside with his rushing attempts. He also leads the league in yards per attempt (even if he's not completing many). But I understand your thinking with the matchup. And you have to trust your gut.

Nothing special this week for me. Playing recently-acquired Jennings over Nicks & Britt in my flex. He should touch the ball a ton. I still have severe issues at the TE position. Dropped Finley for Pettigrew but that's not going well either. Still trying to trade for a better one (Hernandez, preferably). Considering dropping him for Keller. Other options are Cook, Greshem, Pitta & Chandler. Not great options for TE1 production.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Cliff
Site Admin

Re: A Little Risk

Post by Cliff »

dead_poet wrote: Good luck. You're a brave man after Ponder's last stinker. I'm sort of in the same boat. I have the option of Luck or Newton and am going Newton. Just considerably more upside with his rushing attempts. He also leads the league in yards per attempt (even if he's not completing many). But I understand your thinking with the matchup. And you have to trust your gut.

Nothing special this week for me. Playing recently-acquired Jennings over Nicks & Britt in my flex. He should touch the ball a ton. I still have severe issues at the TE position. Dropped Finley for Pettigrew but that's not going well either. Still trying to trade for a better one (Hernandez, preferably). Considering dropping him for Keller. Other options are Cook, Greshem, Pitta & Chandler. Not great options for TE1 production.
I think Ponder will rebound in this one (an easier task considering it's against a team having a lot of trouble stopping the pass). Plus he's in the Thursday game at home. It's a risk, but a calculated one. Newton has done ok but he hasn't done as well as I thought this season.

I have the same position as you in another league and I'm starting Luck. I'm sure I'll end up wishing I started him (isn't that how it goes?) but I feel like he's going to have a bad week against the Cowboys in Dallas.