Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

ATLviking
Backup

Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Post by ATLviking »

Hey all,

I've posted on a few threads on the boards, but I just came across this one so I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Tyler, I'm 22 years old, and as you can tell from my username I live near Atlanta. I've been a Vikings fan my whole life thanks to my dad who is from Bloomington. I watched football when I was young, but truly became a diehard fan watching the 1998 15-1 team. I absolutely loved Randy Moss and Cris Carter, and was pretty torn when the NFC Championship was the Vikings vs. the hometown Falcons. After that I've kept up with them all the time and always see the Vikings play when they come down to ATL. I'm a pretty big sports fan, I keep up with all the Minnesota teams (Wild, Twins, T'wolves, and Gophers), and just recently my roommates and I got Sunday Ticket so I get to watch every Vikings game now! I look forward to meeting and talking with all of you on these boards as it is very refreshing to talk to people who are fans of the Vikings and not the Falcons or *insert SEC team here*.
Morris Claiborne looks good in purple and yellow.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

ATLviking wrote:Hey all,

I've posted on a few threads on the boards, but I just came across this one so I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Tyler, I'm 22 years old, and as you can tell from my username I live near Atlanta. I've been a Vikings fan my whole life thanks to my dad who is from Bloomington. I watched football when I was young, but truly became a diehard fan watching the 1998 15-1 team. I absolutely loved Randy Moss and Cris Carter, and was pretty torn when the NFC Championship was the Vikings vs. the hometown Falcons. After that I've kept up with them all the time and always see the Vikings play when they come down to ATL. I'm a pretty big sports fan, I keep up with all the Minnesota teams (Wild, Twins, T'wolves, and Gophers), and just recently my roommates and I got Sunday Ticket so I get to watch every Vikings game now! I look forward to meeting and talking with all of you on these boards as it is very refreshing to talk to people who are fans of the Vikings and not the Falcons or *insert SEC team here*.
:welcome wassup Tyler? I'm Sam....merry Christmas down in Georgia.
NYCVikesfan
Waterboy

Post by NYCVikesfan »

Hello all from Queens, NY. I became a Vikings fan when I worked for Target and all the Minnesota transplants were going nuts for Moss, Culpepper, Smith and Carter. I followed the team during that amazing but ultimately sad season. Since then I have been hooked. I hope to get to Minnesota to see a game in person.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

NYCVikesfan wrote:Hello all from Queens, NY. I became a Vikings fan when I worked for Target and all the Minnesota transplants were going nuts for Moss, Culpepper, Smith and Carter. I followed the team during that amazing but ultimately sad season. Since then I have been hooked. I hope to get to Minnesota to see a game in person.
Welcome!! Hope uou like it here!!
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Captain
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Captain »

Hey guys! I joined a bit before the Travaris Jackson Draft and so i've been here for a long time, i read alot and post little, but thats cause of time issues. I remember complaining of having to study for an AP exam during that draft, and some of the elder statesmen with words of encouragement...figured I'd give a quick update...I just started Med school a couple weeks ago. Not that anyone would remember, but there ya have it. Cheers! :v):
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

welcome back. congrats on med school. quite an accomplishment. god knows we can use another poster with smarts! :rock:
i'm ready for a beer.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Nothing to do with our team but I thought that you guys might enjoy this version:
http://www.starspangledbannerchallenge.com/
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
AlaskanViking
Waterboy

Post by AlaskanViking »

Hello folks,

Great site here, I've followed it for many years and it has been one of my regular stops for Vikings news. :beerchug: here's to a great 2012 season!!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

AlaskanViking wrote:Hello folks,

Great site here, I've followed it for many years and it has been one of my regular stops for Vikings news. :beerchug: here's to a great 2012 season!!
Welcome! Nice banner!
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
AlaskanViking
Waterboy

Post by AlaskanViking »

Thanks for the welcome dead_poet!!
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

:welcome AlaskanViking
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

AlaskanViking wrote:Hello folks,

Welcome to the board. Not the only Vikings fan in Anchorage on here any more.
PURPLE&GOLD
Waterboy

Post by PURPLE&GOLD »

Hello,
Long time Viking fan, first time here.
I live south of the cities now, but hail from Indiana, having been born and raised in the Hoosier state. I've followed the Vikings since Fran's first tour of duty and Joe Kapp's days. I've bled purple ever since.
For some time, I've posted on the Pioneer Press Discussion Boards, but it has died down during the past year or so, and thought I'd throw in my lot here.
I look foward to discussing our team, and bantering about various topics with you.

SKOL

Purple&Gold
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

PURPLE&GOLD wrote:Hello,
Long time Viking fan, first time here.
I live south of the cities now, but hail from Indiana, having been born and raised in the Hoosier state. I've followed the Vikings since Fran's first tour of duty and Joe Kapp's days. I've bled purple ever since.
For some time, I've posted on the Pioneer Press Discussion Boards, but it has died down during the past year or so, and thought I'd throw in my lot here.
I look foward to discussing our team, and bantering about various topics with you.

SKOL

Purple&Gold
Welcome to the boards
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

fiestavike wrote:Hello,

just wanted to introduce myself. I've read the board for a long time but decided to join so I can share some thoughts as well.

Welcome!! Happy posting :)
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018