Trades/FA Has My Wide Receiver/Tight End Situation Weird

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Trades/FA Has My Wide Receiver/Tight End Situation Weird

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Okay, here is what I have for receiver talent. This league has no explicit tight end shot or flex position so I can only run 2 of these guys.

Vernon Davis, 49-Timeouters.
Jets secondary is missing Revis, apart from that gives up only 200 yards a game with Revis. Jets play poor against tight ends, however and Davis has a TD and 15 points or better in every PPR game this season.

Martellus Bennett, New York Donut Games.
Got him as a Free Agent last week for Eric Decker. Had a really nice 19 point game against Carolina and has a TD in every game. Playing the Steelers D, though.

Steve Johnson, Buffalo 0-4s.
Dropped Hartline for him. He's playing the Patriots who give lots of passing yards up. Pats are one of the worst pass defenses in the league IMO)

Jerome "Son of Bongterrio" Simpson, Minnesota Homers.
Dropped Garcon for him. He's a total question mark this season with how he will do with Ponder but I just saw Jake Locker annihilate the Lions.
If this turns into a shootout I expect Simpson to get targeted a lot. Maybe he gets thrown to like 15 times to establish him like Lions did with LeShoure?
He also just might be bait and open it up for Rudolph, Harvin and others.

I am thinking Davis, Johnson with a Wait and See on Simpson.

Thoughts?
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Trades/FA Has My Wide Receiver/Tight End Situation Weird

Post by Crax »

Davis and Johnson if you want to go the safe route.

I have both of those guys and they haven't had a terrible game yet. Both have been over 10 points every game(traditional scoring, don't do PPR) and see a good amount of targets. If you want to play chances, you could throw in Bennett instead. I'd keep Davis either way.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

I'd also go Davis & Johnson. It's hard to sit Bennett, but I don't know if he can keep up his current pace. He's bound to have a down game.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Davis and Johnson have accomplished nothing. My opponent started Amendola and Welker. I'm gonna lose by like 30 or 40 points.

Dammit, so close.