I gotta take this trade, right?

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

I gotta take this trade, right?

Post by dead_poet »

I give: RGIII
I get: Ryan Matthews

QB: Matt Ryan
RBs: Arian Foster, Doug Martin, Ryan Williams, Brown (Giants)
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: I gotta take this trade, right?

Post by Juice »

Yeah, I'd probably do it. Run something like:

QB: Ryan
RB: Foster
RB: Matthews
WR: Jones
WR: Marshall
TE: Finley
FLEX: So many options haha
K: Gould
DEF: Jets

Bench: LaFell, Garcon, Martin, Brown, Williams

I'd say that looks pretty rock solid to me.
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Yeah. With Ryan as my QB I'm really not needing RGIII (burning a bench spot) and I've lost two games thanks to weak alternate flex (thanks for nothing Garçon). I'm just taking a gamble Mathews stays healthy. I'm not so much worried about his production. He should get 20 touches or so and work in the passing game. I accepted. :)
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

I also dropped the Jets defense and added Arizona (who would have thought that at the beginning of the season?). Revis out hurts the Jets D quite a bit.

My only weak spot now is TE. I'm hoping Garçon comes back and lights it up and maybe I can use him as trade bait. Celek is still out there but I don't know if he's an upgrade from Finley.

Probably going to go Martin as my RB2 or flex, but he's been a minor disappointment thus far.
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

dead_poet wrote:I also dropped the Jets defense and added Arizona (who would have thought that at the beginning of the season?). Revis out hurts the Jets D quite a bit.
Yeah, probably a good move. Especially since the offenses in the NFC West don't put up a lot of points.
My only weak spot now is TE. I'm hoping Garçon comes back and lights it up and maybe I can use him as trade bait. Celek is still out there but I don't know if he's an upgrade from Finley.
I'd probably stick with Finley for now and go the Garcon trade route as you said.
Probably going to go Martin as my RB2 or flex, but he's been a minor disappointment thus far.
I hear ya. I was expecting a little more, too.
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

With the news of Beanie Wells going on IR, I have a pretty sweet setup now (on paper) when things are all said and done.

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Arian Foster
RB: Ryan Mathews
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Brandon Marshall
TE: Finley
Flex: Doug Martin
D: Cardinals
K: Hartley

Bench:

Ryan Williams (workhorse RB2 now), Ben Tate (necessary handcuff to Foster), Andre Brown (probably droppable now that he'll be in a timeshare with Bradshaw), Garcon (stud potential in PPR if he can get back on the field).

Notable free agents: Vick (I'd totally scoop him up but he has a week 7 bye, same as Ryan), Kenny Britt, Denarius Moore, Brent Celek, Bilal Powell, Lamar Miller, Jacquizz Rodgers, Greg Olson, Jared Cook. Once the Mathews trade becomes official on Saturday, I'll probably drop Brown and pick up another WR. Leaning towards Moore or Britt.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I would pick up Britt, he has tremendous upside.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote:I would pick up Britt, he has tremendous upside.
That's the plan. Moore was scooped up this morning anyway. Just hope Britt gets and stays healthy.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

So....last week sucked. Mathews didn't even start and got only a handful of carries/points. Now I see he's not even listed as the #1 RB on the depth chart. Here I was thinking I was going to be unstoppable...only to lose the first week with Mathews and now he's San Diego's #2 RB. Methinks I made a poor decision. I seriously need to win some games. I'm only 1-3 despite having the fourth-highest point total (out of 12).