2013 MLBs to watch

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

2013 MLBs to watch

Post by dead_poet »

Manti Te'o

Scouting Report: http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013mteo.php
Height: 6-2. Weight: 255.
Projected 40 Time: 4.60.
Projected Round (2012): 1.
8/31/12: Te'o has been a solid and consistent performer for Notre Dame. He recorded 128 tackles with 13.5 tackles for a loss and five sacks last season. The junior was a sack away from leading the Irish in sacks and tackles.

Teo registered 133 tackles in 2010, also recording 9.5 tackles for a loss, one sack and one forced fumble. He notched 63 tackles and 5.5 tackles for a loss as a true freshman.

Te'o has the skill set and experience to start immediately in the NFL. He has the size, speed and tackling technique to be a three-down linebacker. The senior has the athletic ability to function on third down and get deep in the middle of the field.

Te'o has nice blitzing ability and closing speed as a pass-rusher. It is clear that he has the instincts for the position. Plus, Te'o is versatile for the next level; he has the bulk to be an inside linebacker in a 3-4 defense and the speed to play middle linebacker in a 4-3. As long as Te'o stays healthy, he should produce another quality season to be a safe first-rounder in the 2013 NFL Draft.
Stat page: http://espn.go.com/college-football/pla ... /manti-teo

Shayne Skov

Scouting Report: http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013sskov.php
Height: 6-3. Weight: 242.
Projected 40 Time: 4.61.
Projected Round (2012): 2-3.
8/31/12: Skov played well in the first two games of the 2011 season with 18 tackles, four tackles for a loss, 1.5 sacks and a pass broken up. He blew out his knee in the third game of the year, ending his season. Skov is said to be ready to play this September, but he has been suspended for the first game of the year after a DUI arrest this offseason.

Skov had a strong 2010 season with 84 tackles, 10.5 tackles for a loss, 6.5 sacks, two forced fumbles and five passes broken up. The versatile linebacker is a tough run-defender and an attacking pass-rusher.

Like teammate Chase Thomas, Skov is a perfect fit in a 3-4 defense. He can play multiple positions and is a good edge-rusher. Skov and Thomas should form a strong pass-rushing presence from the inside and outside linebacker position, and both players could see their stock rise in 2012.
Stat page: http://espn.go.com/college-football/pla ... hayne-skov

Kevin Reddick

Scouting Report: http://walterfootball.com/scoutingrepor ... eddick.php
Height: 6-3. Weight: 240.
Projected 40 Time: 4.59.
Projected Round (2012): 2-3.
8/31/12: Reddick was solid for North Carolina last season, but unspectacular. He collected 71 tackles with six tackles for a loss, one sack and four passes broken up. Reddick had no interceptions nor any forced fumbles. He was overshadowed and out-produced by Zach Brown. Reddick could stand out more with Brown in the NFL.

Reddick led North Carolina's defense in tackles in 2010 . That is saying something considering that defense featured other linebackers like Bruce Carter, Quan Sturdivant and Zach Brown. The fast and instinctive redshirt sophomore recorded 74 tackles with six tackles for a loss, two interceptions and five passes broken up for the season.

With a good supporting cast around him, Reddick could improve his numbers in 2012. Like many of the other Tar Heel products, the senior is a superior athlete.
Stat page: http://espn.go.com/college-football/pla ... in-reddick

Arthur Brown
Arthur Brown, OLB/ILB, Kansas State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 228.
Projected 40 Time: 4.62.
Projected Round (2013): 3-4.
8/31/12: Brown is a very good athlete who could use more size for the NFL. If the senior is unable to add weight, he should move to outside linebacker. Brown recorded 101 tackles with 9.5 tackles for a loss, two sacks and one interception last year. It was his first season playing for Kansas State.

Brown started out his college career at Miami. He was a backup for two seasons before sitting out the 2010 season when he transferred to Kansas State.

Brown has upside and should improve in his second season as a starter. He plays middle linebacker for the Wildcats ,but if he doesn't add weight, he'll have to move to outside linebacker in the NFL.
C.J. Mosley

Stat page: http://espn.go.com/college-football/pla ... /cj-mosley

Gerald Hodges

Stat page: http://espn.go.com/college-football/pla ... ald-hodges
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Re: 2013 MLBs to watch

Post by Crax »

Manti Te'o would be good to have. I do think he'd take a 1st round pick to get. If the vikings have a top 5 1st round pick again, I don't think you'd want to draft him there.

I was actually hoping the Vikings would pick Bobby Wagner this last year, but he was gone by the 3rd and the Vikings ended up trading their 2nd anyways.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

After a preliminary search, it doesn't look like an overly deep MLB class with few superstars (I was hoping for Highower in R2 myself last draft). But it's still early, so we'll see. Depending on where we're drafting, I still think an explosive WR is the pick. Guys like Keenan Allen, Robert Woods, Justin Hunter (watch Hunter closely. He could be special).
Last edited by dead_poet on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

I'd agree on the WR. Even if Simpson does great this year, his contract is still up. Having a young and explosive WR would be great whether we resign Simpson or not.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

dead_poet wrote:I was hoping for Highower in R2 myself last draft).
I didn't really think he'd be there when the Vikings would pick in the 2nd. I wasn't planning on us to move up for a second pick in the 1st, but he was also already gone when we got smith. Wagner would have been there without us trading up. It'll be interesting to see how they develop. I realize it's a different position, but we needed both of those as it is.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Crax wrote: I didn't really think he'd be there when the Vikings would pick in the 2nd. I wasn't planning on us to move up for a second pick in the 1st, but he was also already gone when we got smith.
Yep. But that was my hope as we were getting later in the first round until the Patriots crushed it. :o Maybe Brinkley will be suspended a game for body slamming a replacement ref, Audio Cole enters and becomes a Vikings Ring of Honor player!
Howlers
Waterboy

Post by Howlers »

Personally, I think Te'o would be a great pick!! If they could get him in the teens of the draft, it could be the pick of the 1st round! I was at the Navy-Notre Dame game in Dublin and he really impressed me.
The Irish fans that I was talking to at the game all spoke so highly of him too and of what a leader he is. And his performance against Michigan State a few days after losing his grandmother and girlfriend was something to behold and speaks to his character too! :smilevike: