Bears or Packers tonight?

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

socalvikes
Rookie

Bears or Packers tonight?

Post by socalvikes »

Who do you want tonight?
I mean, you would say Packers generally or is it just too early to even say anything some would say?

I think we really have a competitive division this year... Perhaps the most in the NFL?
:smilevike:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Bears or Packers tonight?

Post by Mothman »

I'll be rooting for the Bears. I would love to see the over-hyped Packers start 0-2
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

If the Bears could pull this one off it would be HUGE. The Packers losing their first two games of the season, both at home, would be devastating. I'm really looking forward to this game.

I'm waiting a few weeks before passing an opinion on the division. If the Packers flounder, that leaves just the Bears and Lions, either one of which would be a surprise to rate among the top 8 or 10 teams in the NFL.
canadaviking08
Franchise Player

Post by canadaviking08 »

I will always root against the packers unless it means vikes making the playoffs with them winning :)
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

I am pulling for the Bears and expect them to win. If they give Cutler time Marshall and company will make them pay with thier crappy pass defense. The key will be protecting Cutler. I hope that Peppers Asalts Rogers (pun intended) and wipes that smug face off.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

I don't think this league, fast approaching Stern level shenanigans, could face the HORROR, the absolute fiduciary HORROR, of the Green Bay Referees going 0-2.

Watch for 3rd and 4th quarter shenanigans. Packers by 8.
Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Lash Man »

Hunter Morrow wrote:I don't think this league, fast approaching Stern level shenanigans, could face the HORROR, the absolute fiduciary HORROR, of the Green Bay Referees going 0-2.

Watch for 3rd and 4th quarter shenanigans. Packers by 8.
Ha Ha I agree ! And someone tell me why the Packers almost always start out with so many home games , year after year?
LETS GO VIKINGS ! :rock:
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Lash Man wrote: Ha Ha I agree ! And someone tell me why the Packers almost always start out with so many home games , year after year?
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

I hate to admit it, but I want the Packers to win... gasp! Why? Because with a Vikings win against Indy, the Vikings claim sole possession of first place. And, in what is sure to be a trying season, I will take all the fleeting moments of glory we can get!! :-)
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

I don't think there will be any glory. We don't even have any thursday or monday games right?

I just hate the Packers but they stomped the Bears. :(
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

Hunter Morrow wrote:I don't think there will be any glory. We don't even have any thursday or monday games right?

I just hate the Packers but they stomped the Bears. :(
Being alone atop the Norris? I'll take that glory even for one week. Especially in a rebuilding year.

But then, I'm easy.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

The Vikes rebuilding or not could seemingly "hang" with either of those teams, who were not at all impressive tonight. The Vikes nearly beat the mighty Packers on their home field last year and I feel as though the Viking's team is head and shoulders better than last year. I have not seen in the first two Packer games any indication that they have improved from last year to this. In fact they lost their last regular season game and then their play-off game (at home) and then lost to the 49ers at home. They are, by all accounts, very beatable.
Ponder could not do any worse than what Cutler did tonight against a very suspect Packer defense. I have more newfound hope. :rock:

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Purple bruise wrote:Ponder could not do any worse than what Cutler did tonight against a very suspect Packer defense. I have more newfound hope.
Were you watching a different game?

The Packer's defense wasn't terribly suspect against the Bears. They had constant pressure on Cutler, sacked him _7_ times and hit him many more, plus they intercepted _4_ passes. If that's suspect, I'd like to see the Vikings' defense become 'suspect'.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Eli wrote: Were you watching a different game?

The Packer's defense wasn't terribly suspect against the Bears. They had constant pressure on Cutler, sacked him _7_ times and hit him many more, plus they intercepted _4_ passes. If that's suspect, I'd like to see the Vikings' defense become 'suspect'.
Going into the Bear's game the Packers pass defense was suspect. They were DEAD LAST in yards given up and in passing yards last year and in this years first game the 49ers pretty much had their way with them. Moss and Davis both torching them with easy scores and with Gore running around and through them.
Cutler played as poorly as any QB in my recent memory played and the Bear's o-line was awful. All of that pressure and Cutler folded up like a wet noodle. Not to mention Marshall dropping a sure TD pass at a cruical time of the game.
No, I still say that the Packers D is quite suspect and last years stats will prove me right. Even a dogs a-hole gets a little sun once in a while and Cutler and his o-line proved to be that ray of light.

dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

It pains me to say it but Clay Matthews and Tramon Williams dominated last night. Thankfully our offensive line is better than that Chicago mess. I still find it odd they refuse to address it. Some of those sacks last night were on Cutler, though. He held onto the ball waaaaay too long. It pleased me to see both QBs on the ground so often. Too bad they both couldn't lose.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly