My crazy stacked team - need help on who to roll with

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

My crazy stacked team - need help on who to roll with

Post by NextQuestion »

I play in a ten man league ($25 entry) and I appear to be the only one who likes the waiver wire.

I managed to get 108 points and lost this past week. I have a stacked team and need to know who to play for Week 2:

Brady/Romo (Brady...right?)
RBs: Spiller (waiver), Martin, Murray, Lynch (tough problem huh... I rolled with Murray and Martin and they were solid week 1)
WRs: Nicks, Bowe, Wayne, Rice, and Ogletree (waiver)
TE: Gonzalez and Rudolph (sorry Kyle... I'm loving the silver fox TE)

Flex spot is either WR/TE

D/ST: NYJ
K: Jason Hanson

Mostly wondering about WR and RB situation. Nicks is hurt and Ogletree could be a nice sub.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: My crazy stacked team - need help on who to roll with

Post by dead_poet »

You play Brady over Romo.

RBs (2?): Spiller, Murray (though you can't go wrong with any combination, really).

WRs (I'd trade one of your RBs for a better WR): Nicks, Bowe (Wayne won't see as many targets this week with Collie allegedly suiting up, plus the Vikings pass rush destroying a banged up, poor offensive line....hopefully). Watch Nicks' status throughout the week. If he's practicing, start him with confidence. I'm not confident Ogletree repeats his week 1 totals. He has Dez and Austin to compete with targets (and a rapidly healing Witten). Is this PPR? If so, I can see Wayne being in the conversation some, even if Collie's back. Luck looks to him a lot.

TE: Gonzalez

Flex: Whichever WR you didn't select (outside of Ogletree...IMO). I think Rudolph gets a score this week though.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

2 RBs - non PPR.

I personally like Martin and Murray but you think Martin will have trouble against NY? He sliced the CAR defense pretty good
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

NextQuestion wrote:2 RBs - non PPR.

I personally like Martin and Murray but you think Martin will have trouble against NY? He sliced the CAR defense pretty good
I like Spiller's upside. He's been a stud whenever Jackson has been out. I think Martin will do fine. He'll certainly get his opportunities. I haven't seen him enough to suggest he'll do poorly against NY. They are a tough matchup, though. I like Spiller's matchup the best.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

blount is hurt though..
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

NextQuestion wrote:blount is hurt though..
He was back at practice today I think. Go with your gut.