Flex question: week 1

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Flex question: week 1

Post by dead_poet »

I see that Shane Vereen missed another practice, all but ensuring Ridley will be in for a heavy workload vs. Tennessee. Who would you flex between Decker, Torrey Smith and Ridley? Right now I have Decker but am not all that confident about it. He seemed like the safer option between him and Smith. Now Ridley is in the mix.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Re: Flex question: week 1

Post by S197 »

I have a feeling Decker is going to have a big year, so he would be my pick. Plus I don't trust Belicheck's injury report. Ever.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote:I have a feeling Decker is going to have a big year, so he would be my pick. Plus I don't trust Belicheck's injury report. Ever.
Good point. I haven't changed Decker out of there. A little scared of the latest reports of Manning, but I think he'll be okay.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I just started Ridley (though he was replacing Randall Cobb so a bit of an easier decision). Ridley sounds like he thinks he's going to start too ... but you never know.

I'd probably stick with Decker if I had that option too.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dead_poet wrote: Good point. I haven't changed Decker out of there. A little scared of the latest reports of Manning, but I think he'll be okay.
What's the latest on Manning? I have him starting in my 10-man.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote: What's the latest on Manning? I have him starting in my 10-man.
Diminishing arm strength and trouble throwing to his right over 10 yards. And he has a tough matchup this week. But he's Peyton.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dead_poet wrote:Diminishing arm strength and trouble throwing to his right over 10 yards. And he has a tough matchup this week. But he's Peyton.
Would you start Schaub vs Miami over Peyton?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote: Would you start Schaub vs Miami over Peyton?
Probably not. But I see them coming in pretty close this week. Manning has the potential for more passing TDs, though. So I'd give him the nod at home in what could be a closer game that requires more passing than the potential blowout and ####-kicking the Texans are going to hand the Dolphins in Tannahill's first career start. Good luck to him.