Keeper League

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Keeper League

Post by S197 »

I get to keep 3 of:

Cam Newton
Chris Johnson
AJ Green
Fred Jackson
Mike Wallace
Brandon Marshall

I should mention up front this is an 8-man league, which is the reason for so many high picks. I think 3-man keeper in an 8-man league is stupid but it's the oldest fantasy league I've been in so I just stick around.

This is a PPR league, which enhances Chris Johnson and Fred Jackson's value. Johnson was disappointing last year but all the mocks have him rated high. Jackson was money before he broke his leg. I'm thinking of keeping Newton, Johnson and Jackson. Would you swap one of them out for AJ Green?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Keeper League

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote:I get to keep 3 of:

Cam Newton
Chris Johnson
AJ Green
Fred Jackson
Mike Wallace
Brandon Marshall

I should mention up front this is an 8-man league, which is the reason for so many high picks. I think 3-man keeper in an 8-man league is stupid but it's the oldest fantasy league I've been in so I just stick around.

This is a PPR league, which enhances Chris Johnson and Fred Jackson's value. Johnson was disappointing last year but all the mocks have him rated high. Jackson was money before he broke his leg. I'm thinking of keeping Newton, Johnson and Jackson. Would you swap one of them out for AJ Green?
8-team, 3-keeper league is indeed ridiculous in my book. But I understand wanting to stay with your "core" league. To answer your question, I'd probably keep Newton, Johnson and Jackson but wouldn't feel super excited about it. A case could be made for Green or Marshall (I think Marshall is going to be a PPR stud this season, especially if he can get over his red zone troubles). But probably not at the expense of your QB or RBs. I'd take a look and see if CJ is going to be pulled on third downs this season (I thought I heard chatter that he might). If so, I'm not crazy about him this year. His run blocking has remained abysmal so a case could be made to swap CJ for Marshall or Green (though right now I prefer Marshall slightly over Green). If you only keep, say, one or two would you get an extra pick or two? If so, would there be anyone available worth giving up?
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Cliff
Site Admin

Re: Keeper League

Post by Cliff »

I think I'd keep Newton, Green, and Jackson.