Time For 2012 W/L Predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Tark10
Starter

Time For 2012 W/L Predictions

Post by Tark10 »

Many variables come in to play including injuries and how fast the new guys can develop. I haven't seen much from this team in preseason and it appears we shouldn't expect too much this year. Considering the high level of competition in this division, the fact that Peterson will be brought along slowly, no Simpson for the first 4 games.. MY PREDICTION IS 3, maybe 4 wins at best. Anything more then 6 would be considered a successful season beyond expectations. Let us hope Ponder continues to develop and the team continues to improve as a whole. My heart goes out to all suffering Viking fans. I've been a Viking fan since 1972 and it's been a painful experience. Luckily, my early years were spent growing up in New York and also grew up a diehard Giant fan. I wish the same success for this franchise and their loyal fans. Be patient with Ponder. It took Eli 3 years to get a good grip and look at his success. He's entering his 9th season at 31 yrs old. Two Super Bowl wins and two MVP"s.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Time For 2012 W/L Predictions

Post by Mothman »

Tark10 wrote:Many variables come in to play including injuries and how fast the new guys can develop. I haven't seen much from this team in preseason and it appears we shouldn't expect too much this year. Considering the high level of competition in this division, the fact that Peterson will be brought along slowly, no Simpson for the first 4 games.. MY PREDICTION IS 3, maybe 4 wins at best. Anything more then 6 would be considered a successful season beyond expectations. Let us hope Ponder continues to develop and the team continues to improve as a whole. My heart goes out to all suffering Viking fans. I've been a Viking fan since 1972 and it's been a painful experience. Luckily, my early years were spent growing up in New York and also grew up a diehard Giant fan. I wish the same success for this franchise and their loyal fans. Be patient with Ponder. It took Eli 3 years to get a good grip and look at his success. He's entering his 9th season at 31 yrs old. Two Super Bowl wins and two MVP"s.
We can only hope Ponder will reward patience like Eli did!

Did Tarkenton playing for both the Giants and Vikes have an influence on you becoming a fan of both teams?

By the way, I think Simpson will be suspended for the first 3 games, not the first 4.

I never consider preseason an accurate indication of how a team will do in the regular season but the more I look at the Vikings, the more they reinforce the perception that they're in the midst of a serious rebuilding project. Even if the additions of Simpson and Carlson work out, the Vikes need more firepower on offense. The o-line is still shaky and has a lot to prove. They desperately need Kalil to become a keystone player and lock down the LT position for a long time. Heck, despite all the focus on Ponder, their #1 key to success this year might be o-line play.

The defense has as many questions as the offense.

I don't know if the talent has improved enough to do much better than you're predicting. Their ceiling is probably 8-8 but 5 or 6 wins is more realistic and they could easily be a 3-4 win team as you're predicting.

I've gone back and forth on this but I think I'll make my final prediction for this season 5-11. I hope it's better and I pray it isn't worse.
doa2k
Veteran

Post by doa2k »

6-10
GO V!
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

4-12

Fraizer has to go sometime this year if things go like it looks like they are going. We are still the worst blitzing team i have ever seen.

The next time we see Ponder, he will most likely be playing at home against Jacksonvile, and we could very well loose that game.
joe h
Veteran

Post by joe h »

We have the talent and schedule to go 8-8, would not be shocked if we win two more games and grab a wc.

Anything less and I will be done with the frazier.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

joe h wrote:We have the talent and schedule to go 8-8, would not be shocked if we win two more games and grab a wc.

Anything less and I will be done with the frazier.
You might as well send him a "goodbye" card then because those are pretty high expectations for this Vikings roster...
JellyBean2144
Starter

Post by JellyBean2144 »

I am sticking with my earlier prediction of 5-11. Thisi is going to be a long season.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

6-10 is my guess. can't see them not being within two wins either way.

Enough for this clown car to stay full.
headless_norseman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by headless_norseman »

Anywhere from 5-11 to 9-7.

:wallbang:

:point:
A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order.

-- Bud Grant
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

4-12 :govikes:
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

7-9 Jags, Colts, Skins, Cards, Rams, Lions, Packers (week 17- they will be resting starters)
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

5-7 wins even with an easy schedule compared to a lot of teams

last preseason game even made me wonder if we were going to win 6 or not

If less than six wins we should fire all the coaches and keep our GM

and go to a 3/4 defense finally
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Lash Man »

Ill throw my hat in the ring and say 8-8 due to a very favorable early schedule . I think the team gets a huge boost when AD comes back and when Simpson returns from suspension he gives Ponder the deep threat that we desperately need to keep 8 men out of the box. :v):
LETS GO VIKINGS ! :rock:
shannontw
Veteran

Post by shannontw »

i dont have no prediction. Just have faith and let everything play out. no one expect bears to play in NFC championship game in 2011 after going 0-4 in preseason. Same for 49ers last season.
Tark10
Starter

Post by Tark10 »

Mothman. You are correct connecting me to the Vikings due to the Tarkenton connection with the Giants. He never got his just do because of guys like Bradshaw, Staubach, Namath, Stabler, Brodie, Unitas, etc... He was exciting to watch and would somehow get the job done. All except Super Bowls. The defenses always played well. The offenses would have little time of possession and the defenses would crack in the 2nd half of those Super Bowl losses. At least we're not Bills fans. I couldn't imagine losing 4 in a row..I'll stick with my prediction of 3-4 wins and hope I'm wrong. I can't help looking at Frazier and seeing a black Bud Grant. Hat, headset, absolutely no facial expression at all. Don't know if he's at a new years eve party or a funeral.