What in the..WHAT?! No. Not really, right? T-Jack to RETURN?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Re: What in the..WHAT?! No. Not really, right? T-Jack to RET

Post by Cliff »

VikingLord wrote:Would this move end the Webb experiment and allow the Vikes to shift him to WR or returner? If so, I support it 100% because Webb needs to be on the field.
I don't see Webb moving to any other position. Frazier has already said prior to the season that they don't want to continue to move Webb around. They want him to have some stability at a position, focus all of his effort in one place, and if it doesn't work out it doesn't work out.

Plus how else would you get Webb on the field? Hand offs? As Jim pointed out in another post, Webb seems to have a knack for scrambling out of broken passing plays but beyond that he doesn't seem to bring much to the table.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Mothman wrote: LOL! I think it may be time to acknowledge that you have a problem. ;)

Jim
Well it is true JIm, I do have a problem in the sense that I tend to favor players that either never pan out or not extremely popular with the fan base. Ever since we drafted him I have liked Tarvaris Jackson. Ever since I joined the board almost six years ago, I have promoted Tarvaris. It is possible you and many other older members on this board may remember me defending him. Now I am not blind, as I understand Tarvaris Jackson is nothing more than an average QB. However, there is something about him that has made me like him since day one. I mean, I got his jersey shortly after we drafted him.... :)
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Well it is true JIm, I do have a problem in the sense that I tend to favor players that either never pan out or not extremely popular with the fan base.
I've favored a few of those myself (*cough* Troy Williamson *cough*)...
Ever since we drafted him I have liked Tarvaris Jackson. Ever since I joined the board almost six years ago, I have promoted Tarvaris. It is possible you and many other older members on this board may remember me defending him. Now I am not blind, as I understand Tarvaris Jackson is nothing more than an average QB. However, there is something about him that has made me like him since day one. I mean, I got his jersey shortly after we drafted him.... :)
I understand (and I do remember you defending him). we all have players like that.

Honestly, I always liked Jackson's attitude and demeanor. He conducted himself well even during times when he must have felt like throttling Brad Childress.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Mothman wrote: I've favored a few of those myself (*cough* Troy Williamson *cough*)...
I understand (and I do remember you defending him). we all have players like that.

Honestly, I always liked Jackson's attitude and demeanor. He conducted himself well even during times when he must have felt like throttling Brad Childress.
Don't worry, I had Williamson's back all the way until the last game of the 07 season at Denver. Some other more recent 'winners' I really liked as Vikings include (but are not limited to): Erasmus James, Travis Taylor, Koren Robinson, Javon Walker, C.J. Mosely, and Mike Rosenthal.

Man, I really have a great track record! :lol:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Don't worry, I had Williamson's back all the way until the last game of the 07 season at Denver. Some other more recent 'winners' I really liked as Vikings include (but are not limited to): Erasmus James, Travis Taylor, Koren Robinson, Javon Walker, C.J. Mosely, and Mike Rosenthal.

Man, I really have a great track record! :lol:
LOL! You're an optimist. :)
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Vikings GM Rick Spielman just told us the Vikings are fine at quarterback when asked if team was interested in Seattle QB Tarvaris Jackson.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:
Thanks for the info, although that's not exactly a shocker. I can't imagine they were actually interested in bringing TJ back after they showed zero interest in re-signing him after 2010.

Jim
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

dead_poet wrote:
:(

Oh well, I wish my boy T-Jack the best where ever he lands!
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

dead_poet wrote:

The Vikings are fine on passing on TJ. I don't agree that they're fine at quarterback.

Ponder might work out, but beyond him? Sorry but I don't think this team's current QB depth is all that good.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

losperros wrote:Sorry but I don't think this team's current QB depth is all that good.
It's not a major liability when you compare our depth chart to other teams at the position.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

losperros wrote: Sorry but I don't think this team's current QB depth is all that good.

And you think TJack would make it better?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

It's Jackson: while I wouldn't have heartburn if he returned (I still think he is fine as a backup) I don't have any real heartburn that he's not returning either. He's maybe better than the 96th "best" QB in the league, but he's certainly not the 33rd "best". I think we'll manage fine...
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

dead_poet wrote: It's not a major liability when you compare our depth chart to other teams at the position.
Our #3 is better than most #2s in the league.

Too bad our #2 shouldn't even be playing the position. :lol:
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
And you think TJack would make it better?

And you're putting words in my mouth?

I never said TJ would make it better. And you know that.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

dead_poet wrote: It's not a major liability when you compare our depth chart to other teams at the position.
If Ponder goes down and Webb takes over, it will become a major liability.