Twins 2012

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Twins 2012

Post by CalVike »

I went to the game tonight at Target Field, my first trip there. Great venue. Much like the Vikings, the team needs improvement to fill gaping weaknesses.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Willingham hit his 31st bomb last night and seems like it's a real possibility he could finish the season with 40+. When was the last time the Twins had a guy with that many HRs? Killebrew?! For all the negative attention the team has received in recent years for bad signings and trades, Ryan made a great decision to go get Willingham. Doumit as well, he's not amazing but he's shown he's a valuable piece of the puzzle (switch hitting catcher with power? yes please). Plus, his walk-up song is Danzig's "Mother", which is freakin' awesome :D

They just need to continue to purge the team of all the horrible Bill Smith moves. Nishioka will never play in a Twins uniform again. Now they just need to find a way to get rid of Blackburn.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

HornedMessiah wrote:Willingham hit his 31st bomb last night and seems like it's a real possibility he could finish the season with 40+. When was the last time the Twins had a guy with that many HRs? Killebrew?! For all the negative attention the team has received in recent years for bad signings and trades, Ryan made a great decision to go get Willingham. Doumit as well, he's not amazing but he's shown he's a valuable piece of the puzzle (switch hitting catcher with power? yes please). Plus, his walk-up song is Danzig's "Mother", which is freakin' awesome :D

They just need to continue to purge the team of all the horrible Bill Smith moves. Nishioka will never play in a Twins uniform again. Now they just need to find a way to get rid of Blackburn.

I do believe Killebrew is the last Twin with 40 homers in a season. Interestingly, he never hit 50 in a season either.

I still think Nishioka will play for the Twins one more time. He needs a real hitting coach however. I don't think the Twins will have any kind of success until Gardenhire, Anderson, and Vavra are all gone.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018