Bills vs Vikings game - the official thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

lateral23
Starter

Re: Bills vs Vikings game - the official thread

Post by lateral23 »

An inexact quote from Cory Cove during KFAN's coverage of the draft after they drafted Audie Cole; "We drafted a slow weak guy!" Ripped him for quite a bit if I remember correctly.

How about them apples?
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

I watched this whole game thinking that was Brian Billick in the booth with Paul Allen. Am I imagining it, or does Pete Bercich sound just like Billick?
Ohiovike
Waterboy

Post by Ohiovike »

Juice wrote: I'm answering because I assume you are not watching.
Audie Cole had back to back pick 6s.
Frickin awesome, and no I really didn't know.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Good game. Ponder did good. I just hope Cole isnt one of those guys everyone wants to make it, and then doesnt. Theres got to be a spot for him.
lateral23
Starter

Post by lateral23 »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:I just hope Cole isnt one of those guys everyone wants to make it, and then doesnt. Theres got to be a spot for him.
With a sack in the first preseason game and two pick sixes in the second along with some good tackles, I have to think there will be a spot for him on a team that needs depth at LB. I hope we see some fireworks from him next week.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Raw rookie in Cole but he shows more in one pre season game than Brinley has in two seasons and he can cover.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
DarthBrooks
Transition Player

Post by DarthBrooks »

Well that was fun.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Audie Cole could be a real find. Middle linebacker is a lot of instinct and less combine numbers and flash. Cole looks like he has some pretty good instincts. Tyrone McKenzie has also looked pretty good in the middle these first two preseason games. Both of them appear to be better than Jasper Brinkley. I think the coaches may be thinking the same thing with how long they played Brinkley tonight. It looks like they have some doubts about who the starter will be.
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero
Kyle Rudolph and Chris Cook both will be evaluated further for concussion symptoms per Frazier. #Vikings
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@1500ESPNJudd: Vikings TE Kyle Rudolph said he passed all the concussion tests and that he is fine.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

There were a few of us that wanted to see Cole a Viking on draft day, glad he's having a good preseason so far.
Rus
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Rus »

It was nice to see Ponder have a real sharp first quarter...and that they have real options within their linebacker depth. I hope Jerome Simpson doesn't jump over another wide receiver all year. They can't afford for him to have a serious knee injury...his backups are horrible. I"m at the point where I'd almost say "Chad Johnson's looking for a job...hmmm..." Not quite, as he's got legal problems...but watching Burton fumble, watching Aromashodu...ugh. Can't even figure out whether they should keep Aroma or Arceneaux. One looks better one game, one looks better the next...

I really liked the Audie Cole pick when they made it, though I didn't expect him to have ball instincts like that! I thought he'd be more of a tackler than a ballhawk.
-Rus
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

I don't want to take anything away from Cole. I like him and was smiling like a fool after his second pick-six. BUT...tempered expectations...this is preseason, against second/third string QBs/TEs running the same handful of basic plays. Still, it's awesome to see and he's done so much more than Brinkley so far. Hope he makes the team.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

Rus wrote:It was nice to see Ponder have a real sharp first quarter...and that they have real options within their linebacker depth. I hope Jerome Simpson doesn't jump over another wide receiver all year. They can't afford for him to have a serious knee injury...his backups are horrible. I"m at the point where I'd almost say "Chad Johnson's looking for a job...hmmm..." Not quite, as he's got legal problems...but watching Burton fumble, watching Aromashodu...ugh. Can't even figure out whether they should keep Aroma or Arceneaux. One looks better one game, one looks better the next...

I really liked the Audie Cole pick when they made it, though I didn't expect him to have ball instincts like that! I thought he'd be more of a tackler than a ballhawk.
I can't really blame Aromashodu, though. He was placed in some tough situations tonight. As I stated earlier in the thread. Two passes were thrown out of bounds, the pass in the end zone was clearly pass interference but the refs missed it. And when your at full stride trying to catch a ball that was thrown behind you is really tough. I think it could have easily gone the complete opposite if the passes were thrown on target.
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
lateral23
Starter

Post by lateral23 »

S197 wrote:There were a few of us that wanted to see Cole a Viking on draft day, glad he's having a good preseason so far.
I didn't know anything about Cole when they drafted him, except what I heard live on the radio during the draft. I have to say, I was rooting for him from then just because he was an unknown and was getting ripped by certain KFAN personalities at the time for his combine stats. I guess I have a soft spot for the underdog. Preseason is preseason and we all know that, but I hope he keeps up the good work and will have a spot on the Vikings squad.