On TV

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Re: On TV

Post by jackal »

you did really well.. I watch some jeopardy and I think a lot of days you would have won.

I know its a lot different being on the show than doing it at home.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

Great job, Brian! So close on the music daily double. Big surprise on Liza winning. Very competitive match. Dave
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

CalVike wrote:Great job, Brian! So close on the music daily double. Big surprise on Liza winning. Very competitive match. Dave
I had already seen this post when I started watching, so when they introduced her, I thought "b*tch"... :o :lol:

Good job, buddy. It certainly isn't everybody who can get on that show. Even nowadays I only know about 10 answers (or questions) suring a show, and that is on a good day. You represented Vikings Message Board very well!!! Had you embarrassed yourself terribly, I would have asked Geoff to ban you :rofl: (just kidding :) )
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I would have asked Geoff to ban you :rofl: (just kidding :) )
I should ban him for moving across the border into cheeseland. Hadn't noticed your location had changed, Brian :)
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

glg wrote: I should ban him for moving across the border into cheeseland. Hadn't noticed your location had changed, Brian :)

Man, neither did I!! Well I'm glad he lost then!! :gone:
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

glg wrote: I should ban him for moving across the border into cheeseland. Hadn't noticed your location had changed, Brian :)
I cannot even convey the traumatic effect the move had on my Viking psyche! Haven't I suffered enough? :rofl:
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

BGM wrote: I cannot even convey the traumatic effect the move had on my Viking psyche! Haven't I suffered enough? :rofl:
You're a Vikings fan. There's no such thing as suffering "too much."
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

dead_poet wrote: You're a Vikings fan. There's no such thing as suffering "too much."
Oh yeah... that's right! :smilevike:
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Get this: I was in a bar Sunday evening and ran into a friend who told me his old roommate A.J. was just on Jeopardy and won over $50k. I mentioned seeing your post in the forums and wondered what the chances were that he was on the same show as you...
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

Eli wrote:Get this: I was in a bar Sunday evening and ran into a friend who told me his old roommate A.J. was just on Jeopardy and won over $50k. I mentioned seeing your post in the forums and wondered what the chances were that he was on the same show as you...
Ok... that is freaky cool!!!!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Eli wrote:Get this: I was in a bar Sunday evening and ran into a friend who told me his old roommate A.J. was just on Jeopardy and won over $50k. I mentioned seeing your post in the forums and wondered what the chances were that he was on the same show as you...

OMFG, that is amazing!!! Wow, the odds of that must be staggering!!
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

I have to show off the hilarious creativity of my younger sister...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqJAI0BiZEI
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

BGM wrote:I have to show off the hilarious creativity of my younger sister...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqJAI0BiZEI

That was cool! Aside from your Cliff Clavin at the end, it was a good game for you! What did you get as "perting prizes"?
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
That was cool! Aside from your Cliff Clavin at the end, it was a good game for you! What did you get as "perting prizes"?
Third place gets $1000, but you have to pay your way out there and hotel. So basically, I got a free trip to LA!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

BGM wrote: Third place gets $1000, but you have to pay your way out there and hotel. So basically, I got a free trip to LA!
Not bad! Well, I'm happy for you. If you ever get on again, make sure you mention VMB :)