On TV

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

BGM
Hall of Famer

On TV

Post by BGM »

For those of you who might be interested...

In March, I was in LA and taped an episode of Jeopardy. That episode is scheduled to air this Friday, July 13th. I can't tell you how I did until it airs, so if you are inclined to see if I'm the next Ken Jennings, you can watch and find out!
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: On TV

Post by PurpleMustReign »

BGM wrote:For those of you who might be interested...

In March, I was in LA and taped an episode of Jeopardy. That episode is scheduled to air this Friday, July 13th. I can't tell you how I did until it airs, so if you are inclined to see if I'm the next Ken Jennings, you can watch and find out!

Sweet!!! Good luck, lol...
I wil try to watch, I should be home then.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Wow that's awesome. I didn't realize they were that tape delayed, 4 months is a long time to have to keep quiet.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

that's very cool ...

I hope you did great, you have been a great member of board for years.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

S197 wrote: Wow that's awesome. I didn't realize they were that tape delayed, 4 months is a long time to have to keep quiet.
I have been able to tell family and friends, but am prohibited from posting anything about the results publicly or on social media or in the regular media. What I can tell you is it was really a blast!
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

Very cool!
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

I set up the TiVo. Good luck, Brian. I will be rooting for you. Dave
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

CalVike wrote:I set up the TiVo. Good luck, Brian. I will be rooting for you. Dave

I may not be able to watch it.. can someone upload it?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

I have no way of recording it digitally, unless someone far more tech savvy than I has the ability... would appreciate if someone else who can do it would be willing to share a copy with me. :)
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Tough final jeopardy question. I sure as heck had no idea. I did know all the "bull" questions though. My wife was surprised I knew the "boullion" one.

How many did you feel you knew but couldn't buzz in fast enough?

I hate some of the categories they have some times. I didn't know crap on the Kathy bates movies, but would do a lot better on Van Damme movies or something :lol: .
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

You did well Brian! I thought for sure you were going to win when you went on that hot streak. Tough to lose it all in final Jeopardy, but hey, you did better than I could ever hope to do!
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

Thanks! It was truly a blast just to be on the show! I knew the answers to all but about 10 or 15 questions. But buzzing in is one of the key things that makes the difference. One of the things we were told during auditions was that contestants know the answers to 90% of the questions and it usually comes down to buzzer timing. Plus, in the heat of the moment, it's really easy to draw a blank!! If any of you ever has the chance to be on a game show, go for it and enjoy every second!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Did anyone get to record it? I didn't get to see it :(
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

I didnt record it but I'm pretty certain I can get a copy....
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

Found it online for anyone interested...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xs60xc ... shortfilms