Percy Harvin Kickoff Returns

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Should Percy be the primary KO Returner?

Yes
71%
No
29%
Undecided
No votes

Total votes: 38

JonPurpleHaze
Transition Player

Re: Percy Harvin Kickoff Returns

Post by JonPurpleHaze »

NO, I really don't think his returns are worth the risk this year, we should wait for a couple seasons or find another one.

Me and Mercy Percy were tied with 197 posts before this one, got you whomped!
Purple Rage
Franchise Player

Post by Purple Rage »

Primarily....no but definately in certain situations. I think Harvin is to talented to be just part of the wr core, but i think having him 100% on special teams might take away from his success in the passing game. Mainly just because of fatigue.
REAL MEN WEAR PURPLE!
bigskyeric
All Pro Elite Player

Post by bigskyeric »

Percy is a Jack of all trades, and he thrives on it. Why wouldn't we want him on Kick off duty? Last I checked, being closer to the end zone is a good thing.
Seek and Destroy
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

No. percy needs to be used more like desean jackson is being used in philly.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

hibbingviking wrote:No. percy needs to be used more like desean jackson is being used in philly.
On Punt Returns?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Mercy Percy wrote:
I agree with you too but I think Patrick Peterson is actually better than Hester and Percy at the return game.

You could be on to something there. I honestly haven't seen him much...but there is definitely a buzz about him to go with his stats. I forgot about him
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

BGM wrote: I honestly still say no. The force at which ST players collide and the angles they hit seem tailor-made to increase the chance of injury. Of course, I have no hard data with which to support that position, but those hits, even in limited action, take their toll. There are other players with speed and agility who could help provide that spark as well, and if that is the goal, why not have AD return kicks? :wink:
I totally agree.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

why not have AD return kicks?
I remember having this same discussion his first couple years! And my response is the same, get them off special teams. Percy needs to be on the first for 100% of offensive snaps. Exhaustion, injuries, exhaustion leading to injuries. I'm sure there's someone else on the roster at a backup receiver or corner spot that could do the job, maybe not as well, but close enough to make up the difference.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Demi wrote: I remember having this same discussion his first couple years! And my response is the same, get them off special teams. Percy needs to be on the first for 100% of offensive snaps. Exhaustion, injuries, exhaustion leading to injuries. I'm sure there's someone else on the roster at a backup receiver or corner spot that could do the job, maybe not as well, but close enough to make up the difference.
I remember AD returned a kick against Chicago in his first season and nearly took it all the way. I wouldn't mind seeing him do that.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Percy Harvin Kickoff Returns

Post by CalVike »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I remember AD returned a kick against Chicago in his first season and nearly took it all the way. I wouldn't mind seeing him do that.
Way too risky. No point now that it is a touchback league. You cannot put your 2nd best offensive player and far best WR on kickoffs in the regular season. Maybe in the playoffs for punts. Never kickoffs.
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

No, not the primary kick off guy, returners take far too much of a beating and Percy hasn't exactly proven to be made of steel. He needs to be used on offense more, STs less. However, he is a threat to take it the distance everytime, and kickoff TDs can provide a spark for a team that can often change the game, so I do think he should be put in from time to time when the team needs a lift.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

You put your best players in the positions where they can do the most good. For PH thats returning kicks. Hes one of the best. You cant play to think your going to get hurt on a play. He takes more damage playing returner then SLOT. YOU PLAY TO WIN. Something I hope the Vikings realize one of these years.