Twins 2012

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Twins 2012

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Former Twin Philip Humber threw a perfect game for the ChiSox. I remember when he was here he was not very good. I guess this is what can happen when you have real coaches on your team.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

viking_guy wrote:don't get me wrong, Willingham is playing great, but I would rather have Cuddyer. He can play many positions. And with all the injuries the twins seem to have, having a guy on roster who can fill in anywhere is huge.
Cuddy was my probably my favorite Twin, pretty much embodied what "Twins baseball" is. However, the ability to play many positions is overrated. You know what it means when a guy is a multi-position player (in most cases)? He's mediocre at all of them. The season is still young but Willingham looks like an upgrade already.

It would be nice to have Kubel still around too. Watching Doumit play RF is painful. The other night he let two balls fall in front of him when most RFs would've been able to make the catch (or at least be in position for it)
PurpleMustReign wrote:Former Twin Philip Humber threw a perfect game for the ChiSox. I remember when he was here he was not very good. I guess this is what can happen when you have real coaches on your team.
Didn't Buerhle throw two perfect games while playing for them? Anyway, Humber was with another team in between the Twins and ChiSox, so c'mon.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

HornedMessiah wrote:Didn't Buerhle throw two perfect games while playing for them? Anyway, Humber was with another team in between the Twins and ChiSox, so c'mon.
2 no hitters, nobody has thrown 2 perfect games.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

twins no-hit. gonna be a loooooong season :(
i'm ready for a beer.
viking_guy
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by viking_guy »

May just started and I have already lost all interest in the Twins.

I think it is time to start the fire Gardy talk. Clearly his time has come and gone.
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Now its our time »

It's frustrating because we have some decent talent, but we can't get it together. Gardy's seat gonna be on fire soon
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

i didn't have super high expectations for this year. but no way in hell did i think we'd be the worst team in baseball. just brutal to watch.
i'm ready for a beer.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Then they get one-hit tonight. What a joke of a team. Just terrible.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

just more depressing every day. not only do we have the worst record in baseball with 7 wins....but do you guys ever look at run differential?! just sick. just the stat that shows how many runs we've scored versus how many we've given up. currently we are -59! minus 59! :wallbang:

next worse is the royals at -29! even the royals are already 30 runs better than us. :confused: texas is +47 and st. louis is +62! ha....minus 59. :confused:
i'm ready for a beer.
viking_guy
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by viking_guy »

vikeinmontana wrote: minus 59.

maybe Gardy thinks he is playing golf and is doing really well...
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

:point:
i'm ready for a beer.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

A great article by Souhan. I am not usually a fan of his, but he hit the nails on the head with all three points. I love Denard Span, but he deserves better than this. I would hate to see him go, but like he said, he deserves better.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/151648295.html
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

this team does just enough to keep me watching! beat the phillies 11-7 last night. won 10 of our last 13 games. had 17 hits and 3 homers last night! so tonight...knowing this team...we'll probably get no-hit. :wink:
i'm ready for a beer.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

I tell you what, Trevor Plouffe is on FIRE. Two more HRs tonight, up to 14 for the season, and he hasn't even played the whole season!! In a season of very few bright spots, he has certainly been one (along with Span and Diamond).
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Can someone please tell me why we dind't sign Jason Kubel??? Three HRs last night, and he leads the NL in RBI.