RIP Dick Clark

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

RIP Dick Clark

Post by PurpleMustReign »

http://www.startribune.com/entertainmen ... 77765.html
LOS ANGELES - Dick Clark, the ever-youthful television host and tireless entrepreneur who helped bring rock `n' roll into the mainstream on "American Bandstand," and later produced and hosted a vast range of programming from game shows to the year-end countdown from Times Square on "New Year's Rockin' Eve," has died. He was 82.
I always remember him counting down to the New Year. He will be missed.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
BGM
Hall of Famer

Re: RIP Dick Clark

Post by BGM »

A music prof I had as an undergrad played guitar at a wedding that Dick Clark was attending back in the Sixties. Said that Dick Clark was an incredibly nice guy and even talked to my prof about the business and complimented his playing. He will be missed.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa