Saints investigated for "Bounty Program"

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Re: Saints investigated for "Bounty Program"

Post by hibbingviking »

viking_guy wrote:Goddell should have added to the suspensions for wasting his time with the appeals.
goodell is judge, jury,executioner, and appellate judge. :P
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

That audio is an appeals killer, public relations deathblow and possible prison sentence.

He repeatedly called for Saints to injure not just specific players but also to cause specific injuries, such as concussions and ligament tears.

It's over, Johnny.

God, and to think anybody with the Cardinals, Vikings or Packers who said that the Saints were dirty and coached to injure was called a "sore loser" and a "conspiracy crank."
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

Hunter Morrow wrote:That audio is an appeals killer, public relations deathblow and possible prison sentence.

He repeatedly called for Saints to injure not just specific players but also to cause specific injuries, such as concussions and ligament tears.

It's over, Johnny.

God, and to think anybody with the Cardinals, Vikings or Packers who said that the Saints were dirty and coached to injure was called a "sore loser" and a "conspiracy crank."
don't forget "sour grapes"... :lol:
i'm ready for a beer.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

i dont see how a nfl player can be more motivated then they already are. but talking about blowing out knees and concussions is inexcusable.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

On a related note....

Saints Offense - TM - Saints

ESPN's Outside the Lines reports that Saints GM Mickey Loomis used an electronic device in the Superdome to eavesdrop on opposing coaching staffs during the 2002 through 2004 seasons.

The "eavesdropping" violates the NFL constitution, as well as federal and Louisiana state laws. Loomis, who is suspended eight games this year for covering up the Saints' bounty scandal, "secretly listened in" to opponents' conversations during the 2002-2004 seasons. "This is 1,000 percent false," Loomis told ESPN on Monday. "This is 1,000 percent inaccurate." The NFL just became aware of the allegations. Based on five- and six-year federal and state statutes of limitations, Loomis is not expected to face charges outside of potential civil litigation. The NFL can enforce more discipline, though.
Source: ESPN.com
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

dead_poet wrote:On a related note....

Saints Offense - TM - Saints

ESPN's Outside the Lines reports that Saints GM Mickey Loomis used an electronic device in the Superdome to eavesdrop on opposing coaching staffs during the 2002 through 2004 seasons.

The "eavesdropping" violates the NFL constitution, as well as federal and Louisiana state laws. Loomis, who is suspended eight games this year for covering up the Saints' bounty scandal, "secretly listened in" to opponents' conversations during the 2002-2004 seasons. "This is 1,000 percent false," Loomis told ESPN on Monday. "This is 1,000 percent inaccurate." The NFL just became aware of the allegations. Based on five- and six-year federal and state statutes of limitations, Loomis is not expected to face charges outside of potential civil litigation. The NFL can enforce more discipline, though.
Source: ESPN.com
You know how I can tell when someone is lying? When they use a percentage above 100 to demonstrate their level of truthiness.

"I'm 150% sure he's the father, Maury!"
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Steve Smith revealed Tuesday that one Saints defender as well as former defensive boss Gregg Williams admitted to dirty tactics and trying to injure opposing players.

"I was going out of bounds, and the guy went for my ankle. I said, 'Hey, man, cut that out.' He's like, 'Well, we get fined if we don't go after your legs when you go out of bounds.'" said Smith. "And actually this past year, this last game when we played them, I had a little conversation with Gregg Williams. ... He took responsibility, he was saying it wasn't right, but that's who he was." From what has been discovered of Williams' philosophy, we have no reason to question the veracity of Smith's accusations. Apr 24 - 6:50 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... line_stack
Mercy Percy
Franchise Player

Post by Mercy Percy »

Spygate 2012 New Orleans saints ?!??!

http://www.nesn.com/2012/04/saints-bugg ... ctive.html
The term fan comes from FANatic or fanatical.
viking_guy
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by viking_guy »

The NFL should make the team change it's name...Saints just doesn't fit with how dirty they are.

here are some suggested names: Scum, Trash, Low Lifes, Scoundrels, Cons, Bastards
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

What about the Taints?
viking_guy
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by viking_guy »

Taints..love it!
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

:hang: :rip:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Includes #Packers Anthony Hargrove. EIGHT games. RT: @NFL345: Four Players Suspended for Participation in Saints’ Bounty Program
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

NFL suspended Saints MLB Jonathan Vilma for the entire season for his role in the bounty scandal.

The NFL's investigation concluded that Vilma, as captain of the defense, aided Greg Williams in establishing and funding the bounty program. Vilma's suspension will kick in immediately while Packers DE Anthony Hargrove (8 games), Saints DE Will Smith (4 games), and Browns LB Scott Fujita (3 games) are allowed to participate in OTAs and preseason action.