Timberwolves 2011-2012

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Timberwolves 2011-2012

Post by HornedMessiah »

Very tough loss last night against the Lakers. Even with Love sitting out, they still damn near beat them. It was a good game.

And now the news comes out that Rubio might have suffered a torn ACL when he knocked knees with Kobe in the closing seconds. He's getting an MRI today. Hopefully it's not a torn ligament, because if it is he's done for the season. :(
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

HornedMessiah wrote:Very tough loss last night against the Lakers. Even with Love sitting out, they still damn near beat them. It was a good game.

And now the news comes out that Rubio might have suffered a torn ACL when he knocked knees with Kobe in the closing seconds. He's getting an MRI today. Hopefully it's not a torn ligament, because if it is he's done for the season. :(

Rubio's done. That sucks. It is goo that we have J Barea and Ridnour though. Hopefully Rubio will be able to recover fully.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

Man i hope Rubio didnt tear his ACL. What a disaster for the Wolves franchise this would be. Finally turn things around and Rubio tears his acl. Minnesota fans just cant see to catch a break. :wallbang:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

What a shame. I think its time now to forget about the Playoffs and just develop guys on roster. Not saying we might not sneak into the playoffs but i doubt we do this season. Hopefully they can trade Beasley for something as well. This just makes me want to puke. First Adrian now Rubio. :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang:
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Wonder if the Wolves make a move here in the next couple of hours before the deadline?
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

It's weird, my interest in the team died as soon as Rubio was ruled out for the rest of the season. I don't think I'm the only one...? Seems like the team is staggering a little bit right now but if they can get their minds right and regroup themselves then they can still be a playoff team. Rubio wasn't the only guy on the team having a good year.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

HornedMessiah wrote:It's weird, my interest in the team died as soon as Rubio was ruled out for the rest of the season. I don't think I'm the only one...? Seems like the team is staggering a little bit right now but if they can get their minds right and regroup themselves then they can still be a playoff team. Rubio wasn't the only guy on the team having a good year.
I haven't been as focused on the team since about mid-February. Just busy and it is very hard to catch the games when I can. That being said, I have watched a few Rubio-less games and the team just doesn't look the same at all. They don't have that spark they played with earlier in the season.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

Yeah without Rubio this team just isnt as fun to follow. Rubio brought alot of fun and enthusiasm to the games. Have watched a few bits and pieces of games here and there but i to lost alot of interest when Rubio went down.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Damn, Love scores 51 points and Barea gets a triple-double and the Wolves still lose 140-149? 140-149?! Holy crap
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

HornedMessiah wrote:Damn, Love scores 51 points and Barea gets a triple-double and the Wolves still lose 140-149? 140-149?! Holy crap
2 ot's...
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

HornedMessiah wrote:Damn, Love scores 51 points and Barea gets a triple-double and the Wolves still lose 140-149? 140-149?! Holy crap

They choked at the end of the first OT. 5 point lead with 46 seconds left. You have to keep that.

This road trip was brutal. 2-5, but the teams they played are all playoff contenders, with the exception ofr Sacramento. I would like to see them sneak into the playoffs, but that may not be the best thing for this team right now. Hard to say. They need a shooting gaurd and a reliable center who can stay healthy. Unfortunately, Pekovic has missed quite a few games this year with various injuries. Hopefully a full off season and training camp will benefit him, and hopefully Rubio will be back better next year!!
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

wolves are battling. win one...lose a couple. win a few...lose a couple. still just flirting with .500. pretty impressive actually.

love is flat out dominating! probably the nba western conference player of the month. :shock: just another 40 and 18 tonight. :rock:

oh ya. minnesota fans.....how 'bout those GOPHERS?!!! they are playing really well right now. onviously, it's not the dance we all wished they'd be in....but the NIT championship is no small feat. especially winning on the road like they did. they are a better team than stanford, and i really think they'll be champs tomorrow night!

:rock: :rock: :rock:
i'm ready for a beer.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

vikeinmontana wrote:onviously, it's not the dance we all wished they'd be in....but the NIT championship is no small feat. especially winning on the road like they did. they are a better team than stanford, and i really think they'll be champs tomorrow night!
Isn't winning the NIT like being the thinnest kid at fat camp?

8)

I gotta agree about Love, though. What he's doing is pretty impressive.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

ha. i don't know. it's tough as hell to compete in college hoops today. so much competition. the big ten was amazing this year. don't get me wrong, i'd love to have been in the dance. but we're young and hurt. we are going to be damn good next season i believe. but there were some very good teams in the NIT. and the gophs just got hot at the right time. had we been dancing....i think we would have made a little run. sweet 16 or so.

next year will be fun. but work to do tomorrow.
i'm ready for a beer.