Timberwolves 2011-2012

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Timberwolves 2011-2012

Post by PurpleMustReign »

ATLviking wrote: Saw that this morning. Such BS, totally killing our momentum.
I'm ok with it. It didn't look as accidental as I hoped. I wasn't happy when I saw the replay.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

another game tonight with what feels like our 10th meeting with the rockets! man we've played them a lot. anyway, excited for another friday night of t-wolves hoops but i must confess......i switch it over to the knicks game a LOT over the last week..... :oops: :D

go wolves!!
i'm ready for a beer.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Good win tonight, they let the Rockets back into the game early in the 4th but pulled away again. Career best game for Pekovic, man he's really turning out to be quite a player at a position where it's hard to find solid contributors. He's gonna be a double-double machine just like Love.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

HornedMessiah wrote:Good win tonight, they let the Rockets back into the game early in the 4th but pulled away again. Career best game for Pekovic, man he's really turning out to be quite a player at a position where it's hard to find solid contributors. He's gonna be a double-double machine just like Love.
Pekovic is a beast!!! I like him a lot so far, I hope he is always this good. The Wolves of the last few years would have let the Rockets win that game, but thankfully Adelman has these guys playing better.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

The way Pek is playing i think should kill all the Gasol trade rumors. T-Wolves say they arent going to make a big trade, but imo this team is a serious SG away from possibley making a serious push to the Western semi-finals. The would have a shot at maybe going farther but like i said they need someone who can knock down an outside jumper at will.

Either way its been a heck of a fun couple months watching this team. This team is going to be fun for years to come. Cant wait for next weekend as All-Star weekend will be filled wiht Wolves. Great to see the Wolves are legit again and should be for the next decade.
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

Ridnour at the buzzer for the win. What a great comeback! Wolves 17-17 at the All Star Break. Wolves are 1 game out of the last playoff spot. Unreal. I had this team winning at best 40% of there games and would have been happy had they won one out of three. They currently sit in a great position to make a run at the playoffs.

Sounds like Beasleys time maybe running out in Minnesota. I like Beasley but hopefully if the Wolves do trade him they can get something good in return.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

NDVikeFan wrote:Ridnour at the buzzer for the win. What a great comeback! Wolves 17-17 at the All Star Break. Wolves are 1 game out of the last playoff spot. Unreal. I had this team winning at best 40% of there games and would have been happy had they won one out of three. They currently sit in a great position to make a run at the playoffs.

Sounds like Beasleys time maybe running out in Minnesota. I like Beasley but hopefully if the Wolves do trade him they can get something good in return.
so far about what i expected. this team has the making to be very good in the coming years, and i thought we could sneak into the 7 or 8 spot in the playoffs. also had my doubts about beasley and said so in this thread. he just struggles to play within the flow of the offense. this isn't to say he's not a good player because he is and has the ability to really go off at times. but more times than not his game is nothing more than a few ill-advised shots and lackluster defense.

also, i'm happy for rid. he's a good player and after blowing that layup against the nuggets it was great seeing him redeeming himself. and it was a hell of a shot!

love where this team is headed. :thumbsup:
i'm ready for a beer.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

I haven't had much a chance to watch this team for the past few weeks. Really sounds like I have been missing out!
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

another great performance by the muskies tonight. down 10 late in the third, and as i type this we're up 16 with a minute to play!

guys really clamped up on d and knocked down open shots. we have the ability to play with anyone. adelman has made all the difference in the world.

beasley must have heard the mumblings about losing his minutes 'cause he flat out dominated tonight. as did our entire bench.

just another great game. :rock:
i'm ready for a beer.
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

I saw the last part of it in a bar and it was pretty awesome. Just shows how dangerous this team really is when someone can get hot from outside. Be great tonight if the Wolves get another road win.

Williams was great. I say no way the Wolves move him. I think he can really turn into a stud with some more time. As for Beasley he is as good as gone imo. I dont see him being on the Wolves after the trade deadline. Hopefully the Wolves get something good for him.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

One thing I am seeing with this team that we haven't seen in years with the Wolves is their ability to put away games in the 4th quarter. There have been quite a few times this season that they have taken a close game and turned it into a 10 or 12 point win.
Having Rick Adelman as the coach is just awesome. I hope he can buld a winning team with a chance to win it all someday soon!
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

Webster with 21 points last night and the Wolves get another win. If the Wolves can get anything out of Webster and Wes Johnson this team can be pretty dangerous. They just need a deadly outside shooter and the sky is the limit. Hopefully Webster can step it up and keep it up.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

LAdies and gentlemen, your Minnesota Timberwolves are currently in 8th place int he Western Conference!!! Who would have thought that would be ppossible before the season started?
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

if the playoffs started today.....the wolves would be in!

if you haven't already jumped on the bandwagon....do now. this team is good. they bust their butts every day, and they are starting to believe. we're likely still a couple years away from being legitimate contenders, but few thought this team could make the playoffs this year and they have that in their sights.

go wolves!!!
i'm ready for a beer.