Maturi out as Gophers athletic director

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Maturi out as Gophers athletic director

Post by PurpleMustReign »

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophe ... 64279.html

Joel Maturi said Thursday that he is retiring as the University of Minnesota’s athletics director as of June 30 and will remain with the school as an assistant to President Eric Kaler.

Maturi and the school’s president have a news conference scheduled for 11 a.m. at TCF Bank Stadium.

Maturi made his intentions known in an e-mail addressed to student-athletes, coaches, staff and supporters.

“It is with mixed emotions that I share with you that ... I will announce my retirement as the director of athletics at the University of Minnesota effective June 30th,” Maturi said in his e-mail. “There is sadness because I have enjoyed every day of this 10-year journey. There is excitement because President Kaler has asked me to remain next year as a special assistant to the president.”

THERE IS A GOD!!
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018