Timberwolves 2011-2012

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Timberwolves 2011-2012

Post by vikeinmontana »

ya i could see us winning at least 3 of the next five. dirk is taking a week off so that obviously will help, although they are still a very good team. i could also see us beating san antonio. i don't like our matchup against the lakers however. we just don't match up with them well. pretty tough stretch for sure.
i'm ready for a beer.
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

Only having Rubio, Ridnour, and Ellington available at the PG and SG positions was going to be tough. We really need to get healthy.

I'm also getting sick of Love complaining to the refs about calls and not getting back on D.
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

Juice wrote:Only having Rubio, Ridnour, and Ellington available at the PG and SG positions was going to be tough. We really need to get healthy.

I'm also getting sick of Love complaining to the refs about calls and not getting back on D.
Yeah injuries are killing us right now. Beasley and Barrera need to get back ASAP. Not to mention Martell Webster and Brad Miller are injured as well.

I am with you on Love. Makes no sense to argue and let your man get a free 2 points. It has happened way to much this year.

Another slow start sunk the Wolves last night. Can't dig yourself a 10-15 point hole and expect to win many games in the NBA. 29% 1st quarter shooting? Yuck!

This team needs a deadly outside shooter bad. Wolves need someone that can get hot and get us some well needed outside points. Do to there opponents like Mo Williams did to us the other night. (well before leaving early :lol: )

What the hell happened to Darko's hair?
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

NDVikeFan wrote: Yeah injuries are killing us right now. Beasley and Barrera need to get back ASAP. Not to mention Martell Webster and Brad Miller are injured as well.

I am with you on Love. Makes no sense to argue and let your man get a free 2 points. It has happened way to much this year.

Another slow start sunk the Wolves last night. Can't dig yourself a 10-15 point hole and expect to win many games in the NBA. 29% 1st quarter shooting? Yuck!

This team needs a deadly outside shooter bad. Wolves need someone that can get hot and get us some well needed outside points. Do to there opponents like Mo Williams did to us the other night. (well before leaving early :lol: )

What the hell happened to Darko's hair?
Ellington is our best shooter, I would like to see him actually start. I agree with Love, his defense sucks right now. I really think Adelman needs to change his lineup, we get into holes early and do not have the firepower right now to climb out of them. To be honest, getting Beasley back will be very big.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

young teams like this often start off slow so that doesn't concern me a ton. we simply must start making shots to start the game and i think that'll happen. i'm more concerned with our 2nd half adjustments particularly on defense. we were in that game all the way until midway in the 3rd despite our poor shooting. we had a chance to take the lead with about 7 minutes to go in the quarter but missed a 3 and the rockets went on a huge run. most of their points came in transition which is a shame because they got easy baskets that they didn't even have to work for.

in my opinion, we have good enough shooters where i think the shots will fall. but we need to do much better work on the defensive and and we need to stop turning the ball over. houston got over 20 points off our turnovers yesterday which will kill us.

all in all i still love the effort of this young team, and i think they are a year or two away still so losses like these don't bother me as much. i think they are learning experiences, and this team is right on the cusp. win or lose i really enjoy watching them play....but i think if they clean up some sloppy play the wins will come.
i'm ready for a beer.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

I'm getting worried about this Love contract...deadline is tomorrow night and both Love AND Kahn refused to speak to the media today. Don't know if that's a good or bad sign. There's conflicting reports out there but the last thing I've read it sounds like the Wolves are offering Love a max deal, but I seems like Love isn't sure if he wants to stay in Minnesota. It would be a shame if he decided to leave because the team is finally headed in the right direction.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

HornedMessiah wrote:I'm getting worried about this Love contract...deadline is tomorrow night and both Love AND Kahn refused to speak to the media today. Don't know if that's a good or bad sign. There's conflicting reports out there but the last thing I've read it sounds like the Wolves are offering Love a max deal, but I seems like Love isn't sure if he wants to stay in Minnesota. It would be a shame if he decided to leave because the team is finally headed in the right direction.
Definitely making me anxious... If Love leaves, it won't be for business reasons, but I guess it is what it is.
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

Love was asked what would happen if no extension is signed.

"It wouldn't be ideal," Love said. "So it would be nice to work something out. I enjoy it here, I enjoy my teammates, I enjoy the coaching staff, I enjoy the Twin Cities, even when it's cold.

"I figure if I keep playing my game, playing hard-nosed basketball, playing the way I'm supposed to play, everything will take care of itself."
http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/137730228.html

I fully expect him to sign an extension today. Even if he doesn't he'll be a RFA and we'll match any offer he gets.
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Seems like the Wolves want to avoid giving him a 5 year max deal and naming him the "designated player" because apparently you can only have one of those on a team at a given time and they might want to save that for Rubio....?
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

Well now its being reported Kevin only wants 4 years. So who really knows whats going on. All i knw is they better sign him today. We are less than 12 hours away from the deadline. GET THIS DONE!

Heres the link

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/75023 ... ources-say
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Deal is done according to ESPN.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

NDVikeFan wrote:Well now its being reported Kevin only wants 4 years. So who really knows whats going on. All i knw is they better sign him today. We are less than 12 hours away from the deadline. GET THIS DONE!

Heres the link

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/75023 ... ources-say
Sounds like a 4 year deal with an opt out after 3. But yeah, who really knows whats going on is right. I'll wait to hear from another source other than ESPN. I have a hard time trusting them.

EDIT: nevermind :lol:
MN Timberwolves @MNTimberwolves
#Twolves have reached an agreement in principle w/ @kevinlove on 4-year contract extension. More details to come on timberwolves.com.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

I am glad we got K Love signed, but the same time, I am a tad worried. I think we are the fast track to vast improvement, but we better keep it up. Otherwise Love will be gone in 3 years time.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Zulgad's take:

Wolves' deal with Kevin Love could be shortsighted

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Zulg ... hted012512
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

dead_poet wrote:Zulgad's take:

Wolves' deal with Kevin Love could be shortsighted

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Zulg ... hted012512
Only shortsighted if the Wolves do not fulfill their commitment to winning, yes. I think they will, and I think in the end, we will be a dominant team in the coming years.