Timberwolves 2011-2012

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Timberwolves 2011-2012

Post by PurpleMustReign »

vikeinmontana wrote:took advantage of the free preview of the nba package on directv last night and really enjoyed watching the wolves. i will be ordering the package as this team is very fun to watch. it's not translating into a ton of wins...YET....but i think it will. we have a very exciting young team and i think they will surprise some teams this year.
The have been in every game, although they seem to get behind easily. what is different about this team is they can come back. I think Rick Adelman is making a huge difference. Their biggest issue right now is free throws, IMO. Hopefully that can be corrected. I agree, they are very fun to watch, and Rubio has looked very impressive so far!
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
ATLviking
Backup

Post by ATLviking »

PurpleMustReign wrote:The have been in every game, although they seem to get behind easily. what is different about this team is they can come back. I think Rick Adelman is making a huge difference. Their biggest issue right now is free throws, IMO. Hopefully that can be corrected. I agree, they are very fun to watch, and Rubio has looked very impressive so far!
Both our rookies, Rubio and Williams, look very promising. Like you said, if they made their free throws against the Heat they would have won that game. Very entertaining and promising team to watch. Kevin Love is a stud on offense, defense still needs to improve, but I'm glad they aren't just folding out of games anymore when they get down.
Morris Claiborne looks good in purple and yellow.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

i have always loved beasley too....but i wish he'd let his offense come to him a little more rather than forcing things. let's be honest...the guy can get a shot off whenever he wants, but that doesn't mean he has to! especially with a finger on your shooting hand wrapped up! this isn't meant to be a knock on his game as i love having him on our team. i'd just like to see a little more synch on offense and i think sometimes his decisions alter that.
i'm ready for a beer.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

The Wolves are on the right path now, that's obvious. Love/Rubio/Williams looks to be a great core to build around. They've looked pretty good in every game so far, except for the weird loss to the friggin' Cavaliers when they looked sloppy. You could see Love getting really frustrated at the end of that game, but that loss just showed that the team still has a ways to go. An expected bump in the road.

Rubio can do some pretty sick stuff on the court. Crazy bounce passes through traffic and perfectly placed ally-oops. He's really fun to watch. Technically he's an NBA rookie but he's not like other rookies.
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Now its our time »

All I gotta say is RUBIO!!! I thought he'd be alright but he is playing lights out right now. With Love and Williams, this team has a bright future
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

This team is so much more fun to watch opposed to years past. However, they are still a frustrating bunch to watch. I really hope we see a lineup change here before the next game.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:This team is so much more fun to watch opposed to years past. However, they are still a frustrating bunch to watch. I really hope we see a lineup change here before the next game.
I'm hoping Rubio and Williams start soon. both of them look like they will excel once they get more experience. Rubio is freakin awesome.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I'm hoping Rubio and Williams start soon. both of them look like they will excel once they get more experience. Rubio is freakin awesome.
i agree. i love when rubio and rid are on the floor together. i love the energy jj brings, but i love rid at the 2 and rubio running the show. darko is serviceable but i'd prefer a healthy brad miller in there. still pretty weak position imo. then, you obviously have to go with love at one of the forward spots. then it's tricky for me. beasley has had flashes of brilliance but i'd like williams to become a starter. i also love the energy randolph brings.

if i was HC.....

pg- rubio
sg- ridnour
sf- williams
pf- love
c- milicic :?

beasley
barea
randolph

also love the energy that ellington and johnson bring. the wins aren't coming, but this is a very young and exciting team to watch. :thumbsup:
i'm ready for a beer.
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I'm hoping Rubio and Williams start soon. both of them look like they will excel once they get more experience. Rubio is freakin awesome.
Rubio has to start Friday Night. Wolves are just so much better when he is in. With the slow starts the TWolves have been having i am guessing its a lock Rubio starts the game. As for Williams i dont think he will start anytime soon. Beasley should be back soon (and will start imo) and right now the way Randolph is playing i would start Randolph over Williams at this point.

What are the odds Beasley gets traded? With Williams and Randolph i really dont see a big need for him and Beasley could get us a coveted SG which this team is in DESPERATE need of.

Funny how the last few years noone cared about the TWolves(me included) and now it seems everyone loves them. Kind of fun having a filler while the Vikes are on offseason.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Looks like the Northwest may end up being the toughest division this year. As a Jazz fan, I'm hoping we can stay ahead of the T-Wolves. :D
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Ricky Rubio is a freaking stud. Some of his passes are ones that should not physically be able to happen. I love watching his highlightsQ!
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Big win tonight! Sad/Encouraging statistic: First 6-8 start for the Wolves since 2006. Wayne Ellington and Ricky Rubio dominated that 2nd half tonight vs. Detroit.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Big win tonight! Sad/Encouraging statistic: First 6-8 start for the Wolves since 2006. Wayne Ellington and Ricky Rubio dominated that 2nd half tonight vs. Detroit.
i agree. after getting the free preview of the nba league pass through directv....i made it one game before i had to order the pass to watch this team. i still think this team has the makeup to sneak in the playoffs as an 8 seed. love having rubio and rid out there together. we play pretty good defense i feel....just gotta knock down shots! that first half last night was brutal but what a second half.

love the make-up of this squad.
i'm ready for a beer.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ycn-10849317

Man, I hope they announce this soon so my anxiety could subdue. I mean, I love Derrick Williams and I believe he has massive potential, but he is not Kevin Love.
ATLviking
Backup

Post by ATLviking »

Timberwolves vs. Lob City 10:30 PM on ESPN! Support your Wolves!!
Morris Claiborne looks good in purple and yellow.