MRI confirms torn ACL for Adrian Peterson

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

SuckForLuck2012
Practice Squad

Re: MRI confirms torn ACL for Adrian Peterson

Post by SuckForLuck2012 »

I think AD will be fine and continue to his oldself once he gets healthy. The biggest thing AD will need is confidence in his left knee. If he doesnt have any confidence, he's gonna lose a step back.
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

MRI confirms torn ACL for Adrian Peterson

Post by CalVike »

Here's the latest from today's presser per 1500espn:

http://m.1500espn.com/pages/sportswire.php?sID=3765
Sugarman confirmed a 1500ESPN.com report that Peterson tore the medial collateral ligament in addition to the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee on a hit from Redskins safety DeJon Gomes in the third quarter of Saturday's win at Washington.

Peterson also suffered "some injury" to both the medial and lateral meniscus -- a non-displaced injury, Sugarman said. His posterior cruciate ligament and lateral collateral ligaments are normal.

"Most importantly, all the chrondral surface in his knee is also non-injured," Sugarman said, "and that's a very positive thing for this injury."

Surgery could occur within seven to 10 days, although that depends how quickly Peterson regains range of motion and the swelling subsides. The surgeon has not been chosen, Sugarman said.
bigskyeric
All Pro Elite Player

Post by bigskyeric »

CalVike wrote:Here's the latest from today's presser per 1500espn:

http://m.1500espn.com/pages/sportswire.php?sID=3765
My guess is it will be Dr. Steadman of Vail Colorado.
Seek and Destroy
smoothoperator
Transition Player

Post by smoothoperator »

to add to the list of successes after acl tears:

tom brady is fine
roman harper had 94 and 102 tackles the 2 seasons after tearing his
gore had 1700 after tearing his
jerry rice tore his at 34 and had 3 1000+ yard seasons after
terry allen tore his acl in both knees, had 3 1000+ yard seasons

i could keep going, but the point is, while this is a tragedy for ap and the vikings, it hopefully will not be as bad as everyone thinks.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Well he went to the best and the surgery was successful.
Coach Leslie Frazier said the team was informed that Friday’s operation by Dr. James Andrews was “successful” and that Peterson was “resting comfortably.” In a statement distributed by the team, Frazier wished Peterson a “speedy recovery.”
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

smoothoperator wrote:to add to the list of successes after acl tears:

tom brady is fine
roman harper had 94 and 102 tackles the 2 seasons after tearing his
gore had 1700 after tearing his
jerry rice tore his at 34 and had 3 1000+ yard seasons after
terry allen tore his acl in both knees, had 3 1000+ yard seasons

i could keep going, but the point is, while this is a tragedy for ap and the vikings, it hopefully will not be as bad as everyone thinks.
I heard it takes 2 years to feel 100% comfortable mentally and physically after acl surgery. :confused:
bigskyeric
All Pro Elite Player

Post by bigskyeric »

hibbingviking wrote: I heard it takes 2 years to feel 100% comfortable mentally and physically after acl surgery. :confused:
True, for the average person who goes to rehab and does the minimum it takes to get back to walking. I.E. non-athletes. AD is a beast and will forget all about it.
Seek and Destroy
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Which could be a bad thing. Hopefully he doesn't push it too hard too early.
Goldenpanther69
Waterboy

Post by Goldenpanther69 »

terrible news for the vikings
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Adrian Peterson - RB - Vikings

Adrian Peterson (ACL, MCL, meniscus surgery) is scheduled to resume running on Feb. 28.
"I'm definitely making improvement. I'm starting to get my muscle tone and strength back into the legs," Peterson said Friday morning. "I'm happy with the progress I've made so far. I'm extremely happy."
Source: Scout.com
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Reality check.
Adrian Peterson still in Houston. Frazier says he probably won't be running until April or May, not February as Peterson has said. To be clear, Frazier says Peterson is progressing well. He's just not that far into process and #Vikings don't want him to rush it.
Tom Pelissero on Twitter
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Adrian Peterson is in Minnesota this week. Making progress. Supposed to start running this week. Still targeting Week 1. Vikings would like to add another back regardless. Not necessarily a chance-of-pace back. Need someone who can run on first down, too.
Tom Pelissero on Twitter
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

I'll do it.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Adrian Peterson - RB - Vikings

Coach Leslie Frazier indicated that "everybody was impressed" when Adrian Peterson ran last week in Minnesota for the first time since undergoing reconstructive knee surgery.

"Did a great job," Frazier said. "Our trainer, Eric Sugarman, was really impressed with his movement and the things he was able to do. He's on schedule. He's doing well." Peterson remains on the timeline laid out by Sugarman following the surgery.
Source: ESPN 1500 Twin Cities

---
Asked if anyone put a parachute on Peterson to keep him from running too hard, Frazier laughed and said, "We had that conversation, too.

"He said, 'How fast should I go?' We're trying to just judge movement, and he wants to run a 4.3 40. But he has to let that graft continue to heal. He understands that there's a time frame he's working within, and so far, so good."
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I would assume that's hyperbole, AD has never been THAT fast. If he can get back to 4.4 speed, that would be amazing.